Non-Key Tweets | Page 209 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
What is getting lost in the translation of all of these metrics is that it's first and foremost about the tv networks getting paid. There is a leep by guys like him that basically viewership is directly related to dollars which isn't/doesn't always have to be the case. These deals can get influenced by sponsors directly. If a sponsor jumps in for a channel regardless of size, then it's much more important than any metrics. If tv stations get paid, schools are much more likely to get in if they bring those dollars. Viewers can be secondary.

Reaction Score
What is getting lost in the translation of all of these metrics is that it's first and foremost about the tv networks getting paid. There is a leep by guys like him that basically viewership is directly related to dollars which isn't/doesn't always have to be the case. These deals can get influenced by sponsors directly. If a sponsor jumps in for a channel regardless of size, then it's much more important than any metrics. If tv stations get paid, schools are much more likely to get in if they bring those dollars. Viewers can be secondary.
In short "money talks"

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 17m 17 minutes ago
Ok...this is difficult on a Friday night. But for those who are interested in what I say on Conf Exp...check my timeline later tonight.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 15m 15 minutes ago
For those who are on the edge of unfollowing b/c of what info I have forward on with regards to Conf Exp...you should unfollow me now.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 14m 14 minutes ago
For now I have been briefly told enough info (same source who gave me UMD/ACC settlement before public) that I think most will be interested

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 13m 13 minutes ago
I have been told enough now..at this point in the night to believe I think I know where this is going. However I'm going to get a drink..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 12m 12 minutes ago
...with MICH-guy in 2 hours. I'm not tweeting anything until full scope. But I know enough at this point to understand I was wrong...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6m 6 minutes ago
...I was wrong about a perception that the Big Ten holds about a university( not talking about Uconn) TIFIW..I will get flamed to holy hell

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4m 4 minutes ago
I know enough to know I will get roasted. Roasted. MICH-guy even has a name of reporter sitting on info. Info- B1G target 2017 full member

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 3m 3 minutes ago
Bad night to do this I know. You should unfollow me if you want to keep your sanity on Conf Realignment-Expansion You been warned #unfollow

Reaction Score
Our reality is that we need to be in by that 2017 window, or an agreement of partial membership of some sort or else were done! There is no way in hell we survive til 2025! None! I feel good about our chances aside from what these clowns are saying. It just doesn't make sound business sense for the B1G to allow a potential property that you view as valuable to die on the vine and devalue, or any sense at all for that matter.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If we are good enough in 2019 then we are good enough now. The only reason for a delay is either strategic for financial reasons or a quasi probationary period to demonstrate that we can live up to the standard of the Big Ten in a number of areas. If this is not the case, then we aren't going anywhere without some NCAA level game changing event not related to UConn, such as dropping the amateur status charade or some antitrust-like deregulation. The ACC would offer out of panic in reaction to other events.

Reaction Score
I think has/had some intel but like most of them he started believing his own hype. Now he just posts whatever he thinks.
nelson should create a Twitter account and keep saying he's heard from a source that UConn is talking to the Big 12 and Big East.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Buffalo or Temple. ;)

Come on CA. PSU already covers Pennsylvania, no need for Temple. Big10 going to 20 with UConn, Buffalo, Boston University/Navy Football, Houston, Rice, and Tulane.

Reaction Score
Come on CA. PSU already covers Pennsylvania, no need for Temple. Big10 going to 20 with UConn, Buffalo, Boston University/Navy Football, Houston, Rice, and Tulane.

Actually any of those would be "non-surprise surprises". But my first pick for a non-surprise surprise: Kentucky.

I doubt anyone would leave the SEC now that their television is shaping up and they're in on the ground floor, but Kentucky has a long history of frustrated academic aspirations that the B1G might be able to capitalize upon. And I'm sure BTN and Fox wouldn't object to a UConn/Kentucky addition.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 24m 24 minutes ago
When Delany/Big Ten took Nebraska the number they studied..the number they agreed upon to get to..to stop and pause for a generation was 16.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 24m 24 minutes ago
The number 16 worked for a whole host of reasons as long as it worked economically...as long as the BTN worked as it was theorized.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 22m 22 minutes ago
In time Delany/Big Ten wanted to expand Eastward for reasons you all know. To help PSU..to get more eyeballs on BTN....to get on NY media..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 12m 12 minutes ago
We know the reasons why Delany went East. UMD/RUT have been more successful financially to the Big Ten then what was expected.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11m 11 minutes ago
But UMD/RUT were not the first choice for JD. But it was the choice JD was left with after others did not show interest. Other scenarios...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 9m 9 minutes ago
...could not be presented to the Big Ten Presidents for a vote because others,again were not interested. UMD/RUT did fit the need of expan..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6m 6 minutes ago
So here is the deal...with the exception of possibly gaining affliate members in the East...in sports (Olympic)...with the lone exception..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 5m 5 minutes ago
...of Uconn (this is why Uconn will/is/stay on radar) there is no posdibilty of further eastward expansion for Big Ten. Why?

A couple of reasons...1) ESPN ESPN will not allow another ACC/AAU high value school to be taken by JD. It's not happening...or at least...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 1m 1 minute ago
...it's not happening according to the perception of today's Big Ten offices. ESPN will do what it needs to do with the ACCN to protect..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 15s 15 seconds ago
...it's investment. ESPN/ACC brought in ND, not to let another asset leave the Conf. ACCN will get off the ground...and its success will...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 18 seconds ago
...have a high enough economic floor to secure the ACC conference. 2) ACC schools of high AAU value...of high Brand value likes being ACC.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 6 seconds ago
Disney will make the investment to make sure there are no more "Marylands". The gate is closed. The gate will not reopen in 2017..or in 2025

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 17 seconds ago
ACC has issues. Revenue issues. But the perception of Big Ten offices is that Eastward expansion is dead (with the 2 exceptions mentioned)

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 8 seconds ago
And this has always been the fear of JD. And this is why JD acted when he could on PSU in 1991...and with UMD/RUT a couple of years ago.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 6 seconds ago
JD acted in the East before the gate was shut. But that gets us back to the number 16. It has been mentioned 16 is the sweet spot for B1G.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Live content is money for the BTN (B1G owns 49%) the battle for live content is heavy among ESPN/FOX/NBC/CBS/TBS. ...ect

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 30s 31 seconds ago
FOX/B1G wants more live content (vs LHN not enough live content = Disney losing money) So the hunt for 16 for 2017 is not dead..hardley..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 5s 5 seconds ago
The reason I went through the whole back story...is to better explain why... Missouri is Big Tens target during new Tier1/2 TV negotiations

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 41s 42 seconds ago
Nebraska was chosen over Missouri...Big Ten choosed East over Missouri. But JD has chosen to target Missouri over standing still at 14...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 1m 1 minute ago
...14 a number the Big Ten never wanted to stop at..not for 4-5-6 years. I asked what I though we're good questions on why MIzzou...why..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 16 seconds ago
...why Does JD/Big 10 believe they have a shot at MIzzou and not UVA in -3-4-5-6-7 years? MIzzou is ESPN asset..why MIzzou?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 20 seconds ago
ESPN quite simply can't afford to let any of the ACC AAU schools leave...or the whole investment is risked. No so with Missouri..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 4 seconds ago
Yes, Missouri is valuable to SECN...but is it has valuable as ESPN getting a good chunk of B1G teir 1/2 contract in 2017? No its not.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 16 seconds ago
None of this answers the question would MIzzou be interested at this time in finally joining the Big Ten? Does Tim Wolf have any interest?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 10 seconds ago
I will let you all speculate on that issue...because the info I received had nothing to do with the possible perception of MIzzou.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 2m 2 minutes ago
Let me finish by saying this...there was no info tonight on who would be targeted for 16 if MIzzou showed interest. I asked.. But no answer

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 14s 15 seconds ago
There was no answer because they had heard nothing targeted 16. However...and this is what floored me. Big Ten perception is Oklahoma and...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 4 seconds ago
...Kansas are both truly there for the taking in 7-8 years. In a wicked twist.."Marylands Bridge" has been replaced by "Missouri Bridge"...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This guy is so f@ck!ng full of . Have to admit, it is entertaining.
$1000 from my bank account, this guy never met with anyone associated with BIG tonight. I can picture it, flegs meeting up with a BIG insider at a holiday inn bar, then running home to tweet it all. Probably sitting at home, making up , whacking off to p@rnhub vids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom