Non-Key Tweets | Page 136 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
M H v e r 3 @M H v e r 3 · 40m 40 minutes ago
B12 expansion committee to meet soon. Also voting on new CCG rules moved up several months to April.

M H v e r 3 @M H v e r 3 · 38m 38 minutes ago
Many in the B12 do not want 10 teams and CCG though. Regular season is a meat grinder as it is.

M H v e r 3 @M H v e r 3 · 38m 38 minutes ago
BYU has been told to be patient and be ready

M H v e r 3 @M H v e r 3 · 35m 35 minutes ago
Also hearing that people in south bend are feeling nervous about the playoff situation as well but want a larger sample before concern.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 42m 42 minutes ago
Comcast Sports is now reporting Notre Dame is re-evaluating their position......questioning if they can make CFP at 11-1. Wink-wink....ND...

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 41m41 minutes ago
.....ND has been re-evaluating for some time now. Remember who told you all of this 3 months ago. Stay with me on this..story just beggining

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 38m 38 minutes ago
And for UCONN fans who are angry with me because I dont mention them in Big 12 discussions....this ripple effect is good for UCONN

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 36m 36 minutes ago
Remember, ND needs to be able to play in conf champ to play on even playing field. This only helps...another bullet in the gun for Herbst

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 35m 35 minutes ago
The next wave of conversation among many will be expanding the playoffs....but remember....for now Slive &Delany are totally against this...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 33m 33 minutes ago
ND wants at large bids....conferences SEC/Big 10/PAC 12 want emphasis on conf champs. ND needs ACC. This is what I said 3 months ago.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I got to admit I get a little psyched reading Flugaur, until I remember that I think that HFD, then I get a little depressed.

Reaction Score
84jUQ85.png

Reaction Score
One thing to take into account about the lesser sports and travel is that, of all the P5 conferences, the B12 has fewer sports than any other. Soccer, field hockey, etc. aren't traveling. Baseball will along with

So he didn't speak to Bowlsby?

Reaction Score
My memory maybe wrong here; but, I thought that the ACC wanted to be able to pick within their conference who gets to play for the Conference Championship or to be able to have uneven divisions. Not to be able to have a championship with less than 12 teams. I also cannot see the B1G not the PAC agreeing to less than 12 teams for a Championship game as a 5th conference Championship game dilutes their ability to get into the playoff.

As for ND, ND is going to do what is best for ND, sorry ACC. Best guess is that they lead to push to expand to 8 teams for the playoff, which also should reduce concern that Congress may step into this issue - 4 (or 5) conference champions, 1 non P5 representative if certain criteria are met (keep dreaming), and 2 to 4 (see above) wildcard entries.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 3h 3 hours ago
Here is the rumor behind Cinci/Memphis. Fedex will pay $50 million annually to be sponsor of B12 title game. This keeps all payouts whole.

Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 21m 21 minutes ago
Almost too easy. Bowlsby says additions have to keep payouts at $25M/team. Fedex sponsors B12 title game at $50M/year. Hello Cinci/Memphis.

Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 21m 21 minutes ago
UCF better in every way than Memphis. BUT Memphis has a benefactor ready to write checks. This crap has always been about $. Sucks for UCF.

Reaction Score
I hate the fact that the Cincinnati-and-Memphis-to-Big-XII rumor makes a lot of sense.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
MEMPHIS?!?!? UCONN being leapfrogged by fahqing Memphis would be a VERY hard kick in the sack to take. Enough for me to want to slice off my sack and say fahq this college , I'll stick to pro ball. Less corrupt.

CL82

Reaction Score
And Diary Bar vendor stand.
and winning, I think there was an implied covenant that we'd actually win, particularly against winless teams.

Reaction Score
I know math isn't Yoda's forte but $50m a year - (what any other sponsor might pay, let's say...) $2m = $48m divided by 12 teams = $4m per year more.

Now, is ESPN/Fox happy with shelling out $25m to Memphis and Cincy?

Reaction Score
I hate the fact that the Cincinnati-and-Memphis-to-Big-XII rumor makes a lot of sense.

All about the Benjamins. If college football lets Memphis into the show because they offer the bucks, I am jumping on board with the 'burn the NCAA' down' crew and am going to watch DIII and Ivy league games from now on. Its basically a bribe as there is no way academically or athletically Memphis should get promoted. At leas Oregon, OK ST, and Maryland were already in the show when their large benefactors ponied-up the money.

CL82

Reaction Score
All about the Benjamins. If college football lets Memphis into the show because they offer the bucks, I am jumping on board with the 'burn the NCAA' down' crew and am going to watch DIII and Ivy league games from now on. Its basically a bribe as there is no way academically or athletically Memphis should get promoted. At leas Oregon, OK ST, and Maryland were already in the show when their large benefactors ponied-up the money.
I'm all for "burning them down," but what does any of that have to do with the NCAA? Look it would suck, but if the Big 12 is okay with it and the FedEx shareholders are okay with it, I can't see any objection to it.

Reaction Score
CL82 said:
I'm all for "burning them down," but what does any of that have to do with the NCAA? Look it would suck, but if the Big 12 is okay with it and the FedEx shareholders are okay with it, I can't see any objection to it.
Why on earth would the FedEx shareholders be ok with it?

Reaction Score
I know math isn't Yoda's forte but $50m a year - (what any other sponsor might pay, let's say...) $2m = $48m divided by 12 teams = $4m per year more.

Now, is ESPN/Fox happy with shelling out $25m to Memphis and Cincy?

I think the assumption is that the FOX/ESPN payouts would stay the same & the $50MM from FedEx would cover the payout to Cinci & Memphis.

That keeps the current 10 teams whole at $25MM & pays each of Cinci & Memphis $25MM each as well

Reaction Score
I do not think that the proposition in detail he puts forth is correct(way to simple), but the spirit of it may very well be correct. Fed Ex might sponsor that game, but i think it's deeper than that. Remember, Cincy has a corporation that spends 6 billion dollars on advertising that's a 5 or 10 minute drive from it's campus. There is always someone bigger than you. schools, conference, tv, sponsors. Guess whose money it is to begin with? I think Cincy was fine being in the Big East and wished for it to continue until Pitt and Syc got cold feet. Ultimately, they have the resources in that city to quietly push the machine. When you agree to build an 85 mm expansion which is mostly luxury boxes and they are sold, someone knows something. I don't think they were buying them with the direction of watching smu, usf,temple, et. al. The conference dollars involved here are not big potatoes to some of the businesses. Big advertisers are likely to get what they want. However, i still think it was ACC driven. We'll see.

Reaction Score
FDX Market Cap = $50 billion
UTX Market Cap = $103 billion
Plus UTC is a major federal contractor. There is leverage.

Reaction Score
I think the assumption is that the FOX/ESPN payouts would stay the same & the $50MM from FedEx would cover the payout to Cinci & Memphis.

That keeps the current 10 teams whole at $25MM & pays each of Cinci & Memphis $25MM each as well

These conferences share so much though. The bowl money, the playoff money, not to mention being tied to these schools in the event Fedex doesn't like the deal in 5 years. I still don't see the math working when you consider dilution for football (i.e. fewer traditional B12 games for TV) and the rest.

Mind you, I'm going on the assumption that very few people have interest in Memphis football.

Reaction Score
I do not think that the proposition in detail he puts forth is correct(way to simple), but the spirit of it may very well be correct. Fed Ex might sponsor that game, but i think it's deeper than that. Remember, Cincy has a corporation that spends 6 billion dollars on advertising that's a 5 or 10 minute drive from it's campus. There is always someone bigger than you. schools, conference, tv, sponsors. Guess whose money it is to begin with? I think Cincy was fine being in the Big East and wished for it to continue until Pitt and Syc got cold feet. Ultimately, they have the resources in that city to quietly push the machine. When you agree to build an 85 mm expansion which is mostly luxury boxes and they are sold, someone knows something. I don't think they were buying them with the direction of watching smu, usf,temple, et. al. The conference dollars involved here are not big potatoes to some of the businesses. Big advertisers are likely to get what they want. However, i still think it was ACC driven. We'll see.

Does the same investment by UConn into hockey and the upgrading of major sports facilities signal similar things, though? Or are we all just doing our best to get added?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom