Non-Key Tweets | Page 123 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Flugaur is actually crazier than the Dude.

Realignment twitter feels like a school project for a Sociology class.

pj

Reaction Score
He's correct, 12-1 (after winning the ACC championship game) is better than 11-1 with one less high quality game on the schedule.

But, 12-0 as an independent is better than 12-1 with a loss in the ACC championship game.

As Terry says, it's not clear why the opportunity to play in the ACC championship is so attractive that Notre Dame should give up its independence for it.

Reaction Score
As Terry says, it's not clear why the opportunity to play in the ACC championship is so attractive that Notre Dame should give up its independence for it.

If Notre Dame gets blown out in yet another playoff claim it will become evident that the system is still broke. Or at least, there will be a perception that the system is still broke.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
If you are paying attention Bowlsby shot down the idea of B12 expansion today & the possibility of a B12 network.

AJ Tech ‏@tech_aj 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV interesting that he called out LHN as a "boulder in the road" of a conference network

@tech_aj It is. If a network came about it would most likely be with Fox. Who had the LHN contract - ESPN.

@theDudeofWV interesting he actually came out and said it though.

@tech_aj Most likely to end rumors. B12 has done the before - just to quash.

@theDudeofWV he did use some language about "morphing" around it though. Seemed more concerned on where future product would be distributed.

@theDudeofWV maybe not concerned, but interested

@tech_aj You know what he means. I know what he means. Still too early to talk about.

@tech_aj It's damn clear ESPN will try & use the LHN to pull UT to the ACC. UT doesn't like the travel to WV - that could be good.

AJ Tech ‏@tech_aj 59m59 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV yes, only would get worse in ACC. I think they would like more east coast penetration and recognition though.

AJ Tech ‏@tech_aj 57m57 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV ACC image is taking a beating now though

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 56m56 minutes ago
@tech_aj 10 years is a long time

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 52m52 minutes ago
@tech_aj Tell me again how Pitt was added to beef up ACC football.

AJ Tech ‏@tech_aj 49m49 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV more of a way to decimate Big East and consolidate ESPN power. Saved them money now only paying pennies to AAC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 48m48 minutes ago
@tech_aj Yea. I was joking. ACC taking it on the chin now.

AJ Tech ‏@tech_aj 45m45 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I know. Any chance to point out the ESPN screw job can't be passed on. So called #SECBias is nothing to this.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 43m43 minutes ago
@tech_aj That's why I think a huge battle will be waged over the Big 12 between Fox & ESPN. Enough to keep UT & Texas in-house? Who knows?

AJ Tech ‏@tech_aj 37m37 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV the Big Ten negotiations and how that plays out in the few yrs after that is finalized will be key to strategies for all

Y4LYFE ‏@Y4LYFE 19m19 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @BYUswag I thought Marshall had a shot at being the next TcU in terms of B12 expansion. E.g, new team same market

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 18m18 minutes ago
@Y4LYFE @BYUswag You joke right? What do you know about MU? You have to be trolling me.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19m19 minutes ago
@Y4LYFE @BYUswag MU isn't on the radar for the AAC much less the B12.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 18m18 minutes ago
@Y4LYFE @BYUswag MU has limited success by taking kids who can't qualify anywhere else. They average about 28k for games.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17m17 minutes ago
@Y4LYFE @BYUswag They lose $ every year even with > 25% of their budget comes from the state.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17m17 minutes ago
@Y4LYFE @BYUswag They haven't been at the FBS level very long & they haven't had much success.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 16m16 minutes ago
@Y4LYFE @BYUswag The only reason they are winning thus year is because all the quality CUSA teams moved up to the AAC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 15m15 minutes ago
@Y4LYFE @BYUswag If UL was the last doughnut in the box then Marshall is the backwash at the bottom of your coke.

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 2h2 hours ago
Interesting take from Bowlsby here. @theDudeofWV @TruthOrBear247 http://m.newsok.com/big-12-qa-with-big-12-commissioner-bob-bowlsby/article/5361578/?page=2…

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
He said what I've been saying all along - not until the TV contract nears the end.

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @TruthOrBear247 Yep.

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 58m58 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @TruthOrBear247 To play devils advocate: Is UT (Pattesron) and ESPN looking at a face saving exit from LHN?

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 57m57 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @TruthOrBear247 He says "they" did something an "we" are looking at morphing it. Who's "we". LHN=UT property not Big 12

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 50m50 minutes ago
@UTDrew6 @TruthOrBear247 Why would UT want that? They have guaranteed $ with no risk.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 49m49 minutes ago
@UTDrew6 @TruthOrBear247 I think UT also gets either 1 or 2 additional games. Plus OU & WVU have long term T3 contracts.

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 48m48 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @TruthOrBear247 Of course UT wouldn't want out. Escape clauses if certain sub thresholds weren't met. ESPn could back out.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 48m48 minutes ago
@UTDrew6 @TruthOrBear247 The other issue is who assumes risk. ESPN is heavily invested in the SECN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 47m47 minutes ago
@UTDrew6 @TruthOrBear247 So much so that ESPN has been reluctant to pull the trigger on a ACCN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 46m46 minutes ago
@UTDrew6 @TruthOrBear247 Plus the ACC has found that buying back rights isn't so easy.

TDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 46m46 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @TruthOrBear247 Simple. ESPN has an outclause in LHN contract with UT. There are pages of redacted pages in agreement.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 45m45 minutes ago
@UTDrew6 @TruthOrBear247 So ESPN is gong to opt out & hand Fox a deal?

@UTDrew6 @TruthOrBear247 ESPN would rather lure UT to the ACC & force ND in as 16 & fold LHN into ACCN.

@UTDrew6 @TruthOrBear247 That's why I say a bidding war is brewing.

Shelby ‏@volklgurl 43m43 minutes ago
@UTDrew6 @theDudeofWV I read it as, ESPN makes the leap with the B12 to access other than satellite: Netflix, LHN app, etc.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 42m42 minutes ago
@UTDrew6 @TruthOrBear247 But there is no sway that ESPN turns LHN into a Big 12 network.

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 41m41 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @TruthOrBear247 That would be my dream scenario!! WVU would be SEC bound.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 40m40 minutes ago
@volklgurl @UTDrew6 aside from the LHN part you have it right. LHN is the barrier not the vehicle.

Shelby ‏@volklgurl 50s50 seconds ago
@theDudeofWV @UTDrew6 Heck no. But even if conferences swap schools, there will still be holes left to fill.

Reaction Score
Ryan Daly ‏@RPDALY76 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV told you two years ago that Big12 won't expand until new TV deal. Why split the money more than 10 with curbed set up? $$$

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 57m57 minutes ago
@RPDALY76 You told me?

Ryan Daly ‏@RPDALY76 56m56 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV yes when all these rumors were flying around about expansion. Makes no sense to add more until new TV deal nears.

Shelby ‏@volklgurl 47m47 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @UTDrew6 So what do you see happening in 5-10 years for conf's? The future is moving away from satellite.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 45m45 minutes ago
@volklgurl @UTDrew6 I don't think distribution matters. I think the B12 survives because Fox needs it.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 46m46 minutes ago
@volklgurl @UTDrew6 I do believe that moving away from the cable model will devalue a host of schools while increasing the value of others.

Shelby ‏@volklgurl 40m40 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @UTDrew6 Right, the Iowa States and Kansas of the world. So the question becomes, do conf's replace them with better schools?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 31m31 minutes ago
@volklgurl @UTDrew6 Look at the ACC. Do you think Wake deserves that spot?

Shelby ‏@volklgurl 21m21 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @UTDrew6 Heck no. But even if conferences swap schools, there will still be holes left to fill.

ME: Your Hilljack Realignment Poopy Of The Day. That moonshine's working overtime. ;)

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Most UCF alums are more worried about when Muschamp gets fired or if FSU wins tonight.

pj

Reaction Score
Hard to see them taking ECU or USF over UConn. I could see BYU, Cincy, and UCF as being ahead of UConn but if they go to 14 I think they'd want us.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. Nothing is happening. No one is talking. Nothing is being planned. BUT THERE IS NO DOUBT that a team who is not being talked about or planned for will be added? Okay. I guess.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would hop firmly on the "Warde Sucks" bus if UCONN ever signs a GOR with the AAC. Luckily, the chances of that happening are as likely as UCONN's chances of winning the 2014 national championship...in football.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yup, UCF, USF, Cincinnati and ECU to the B12 so that the AAC and C-USA can merge into a 20 team clusterf--k of would follow Rule 1 of CR: all things CR must kick UCONN in the nutsack.

Reaction Score
How crazy is this. Nebraska and Colorado back to the Big 12. Nebraska is no longer AAU anyway so that makes sense. Now that the P5 have essentially separated themselves, going back to the Big 12 only solidifies that conference, and Nebraska brings the football draw the Big 12 is looking for. Nebraska would get to play their old rivals in their own time-zone again. Sure, Colorado doesn't bring much, but it may prefer to play closer to home too. Hey, you never know.

Reaction Score
How crazy is this. Nebraska and Colorado back to the Big 12. Nebraska is no longer AAU anyway so that makes sense. Now that the P5 have essentially separated themselves, going back to the Big 12 only solidifies that conference, and Nebraska brings the football draw the Big 12 is looking for. Nebraska would get to play their old rivals in their own time-zone again. Sure, Colorado doesn't bring much, but it may prefer to play closer to home too. Hey, you never know.
Yes. In this case we do know: it ain't happening. That would be the least sensical thing any school made. Yes, let's take less money and go back to the conference with the school we hate. Sounds great.

Reaction Score
Yes. In this case we do know: it ain't happening. That would be the least sensical thing any school made. Yes, let's take less money and go back to the conference with the school we hate. Sounds great.
Doesn't everyone hate notre dame? yet everyone would kill to have ND in their conference. Now that everyone has put their greed cards on the table, you never know what craziness will happen next. Without Texas, the Big 12 is gone. That is the lure of the horns.

pj

Reaction Score
In retrospect, the B12 had a great conference with Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, A&M. Would be ironic if Texas chased them all away, then Texas decided itself to leave for greener pastures.

Reaction Score
In retrospect, the B12 had a great conference with Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, A&M. Would be ironic if Texas chased them all away, then Texas decided itself to leave for greener pastures.
Big 12 keeps saying they would only invite a school which would bring in at least the average of $25 mill or whatever the figure is. Let's see Tejas bolt and watch that average take plummet. I'm sure most of the other schools would welcome expansion no matter what the hit is to the bottom line. Security, not short term profits, should be their main concern.

Reaction Score
I was just going to type the same thing...

Reaction Score
Doesn't everyone hate notre dame? yet everyone would kill to have ND in their conference. Now that everyone has put their greed cards on the table, you never know what craziness will happen next. Without Texas, the Big 12 is gone. That is the lure of the horns.
You're focusing on the wrong part. I agree that greed is the name of the game...and Nebraska makes way more money in the B1G. And Colorado makes very good money in the Pac.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

In a logical world that would happen. And they'd take Utah with them, and invite Nevada as well. WVU would be kicked out and would join the ACC with UConn. Missouri and A&M would also go back to the Big 12. If conferences valued competition and athletics, that's what we'd see. Or ideally, conferences would go to no more than 10 in size, and we'd be closer to where we were in the 70's. None of this will happen, but it should.

Reaction Score
In a logical world that would happen. And they'd take Utah with them, and invite Nevada as well. WVU would be kicked out and would join the ACC with UConn. Missouri and A&M would also go back to the Big 12. If conferences valued competition and athletics, that's what we'd see. Or ideally, conferences would go to no more than 10 in size, and we'd be closer to where we were in the 70's. None of this will happen, but it should.
If B1G or SEC ever make the "brilliant", "strategic", "lucrative" decision to go to 18 or 20 (or more) teams).... well, wait a few years and those conferences will pare back down to the appropriate 8-12 teams per conference. I am still not buying 16 teams in a conference. If CCG deregulation passes, I think we could see 15, however, and UConn would quickly have a seat within B1G or ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom