Non-Key Tweets | Page 122 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The guys from West by God Virginia have a point.
The ACC rejects them ,lead I'm sure by the Tobacco Road elites.
Then they take Louisville who isn't WVA equal acedemically.
All the while maintaining a fraudulent program.
The hypocrisy is staggering.
At least we were rejected as much for pesonal reasons as our recent football failures.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The WVU hate for the ACC is justified. They were passed over for "academics" then saw the same conference invite Louisville and some of the schools that campaigned against them commit academic fraud.

Ironic from a UCONN end too since one of the gazillion BS excuses we've heard why UCONN was passed over by the ACC was APR. It appears the only thing UCONN didn't do properly was learn how to manipulate (or lie) about APR, similar to the folks at Ok State football learned how to do (or the folks at UNC blatantly lied about for decades).

Reaction Score
The WVU hate for the ACC is justified. They were passed over for "academics" then saw the same conference invite Louisville and some of the schools that campaigned against them commit academic fraud.

Ironic from a UCONN end too since one of the gazillion BS excuses we've heard why UCONN was passed over by the ACC was APR. It appears the only thing UCONN didn't do properly was learn how to manipulate (or lie) about APR, similar to the folks at Ok State football learned how to do (or the folks at UNC blatantly lied about for decades).

I don't think the ACC cared about APR. Louisville was in violation of APR for football when they were invited.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I don't think the ACC cared about APR. Louisville was in violation of APR for football when they were invited.

It was just one of the bazillion excuses/reasons I've read/heard - that UCONN hoops was done post APR and post Calhoun. We all know the real reason(s) why the ACC has passed on inviting UCONN.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
An internal B12 memo Neinas discussed expansion with ESPN prez John Skipper, Fox Sports prez Randy Freer & ESPN's head Burke Magnus

Instead of adding FSU & Clemson the Big 12 agreed to not expand into SEC territory & partnered with the SEC on the Sugar Bowl.

the Big 12 also worked with the ACC on legislation.

So anybody who tries to tell you otherwise should be asked to explain their numbers & made to at least source a part of their BS.

certain people out there like to troll based on anxiety. Anxiety that their school gets left out. Anxiety the B12 doesn't make the playoffs.

Others trade integrity for clicks. They put out false info to fish for clicks from a fan base.

both Fox & ESPN preferred the Big 12 not expand. Nothing has changed

BIG XII CHAMPION ‏@GreggHamlin 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I remember you being one of the biggest advocates for expansion

@GreggHamlin Yeap. I was. I am. My opinion doesn't mean a lot to the Big 12.

Daniel Mountcastle ‏@expansion_crush 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @GreggHamlin I think you're right, Greg. They won't be paying 10 for 12 for too much longer.

@theDudeofWV @GreggHamlin Only problem is finding a team that doesn't dilute the product.

Daniel Mountcastle ‏@expansion_crush 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @GreggHamlin UCF might be close if the truely get Orlando and central Florida. UNLV?

@theDudeofWV @GreggHamlin BYU? UConn? Cincy?

@theDudeofWV @GreggHamlin We have to wait 12 years to find out.

@theDudeofWV @GreggHamlin I mean a school worth 22M$ a yr by themselves. Louisville was that team.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@expansion_crush @GreggHamlin No they were not. If they were the B12 would have invited them before UMD bolted.

@theDudeofWV @GreggHamlin Were they ever entertained?

BIG XII CHAMPION ‏@GreggHamlin 4h4 hours ago
@expansion_crush @theDudeofWV Flirting more like it..... And man NCAA loves to flirt

@theDudeofWV @GreggHamlin UMD moving came out of nowhere. No one was projecting that move.

@theDudeofWV @GreggHamlin I think I read where Maryland and the Bog ten had been talking for about a year before they decided to move.

and every ACC school has signed a GoR. The B12 would never challenge another conference's GoR for obvious reasons.

Joseph M. Tortorice ‏@safetyguyjoe 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV what are the odds the Big 12 gets to add quality schools relatively soon? We need fla schools for recruits, tvs, & perception

@safetyguyjoe Nobody does that yet. There is only one viable scenario left & it isn't soon?

Joseph M. Tortorice ‏@safetyguyjoe 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Need closer opponents to reduce travel costs for non rev sport for you guys. O. Luck meds to push that.

so to close this rehash out let me add that any ACC school with a financial need to leave the ACC couldn't afford the exit fee.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV If the correct school was willing the exit fee will be paid by Big 10 via a "travel budget" one time money. Example UMD

@theDudeofWV This scenario becomes viable in 5 years.

@theDudeofWV I agree with everything you are saying....with one exception. Exit fee in 2019 will be small change vs gap between ACC & B1G

@flugempire I agree about revenue. If ND doesn't join as full member.

ME: 2019 is too far out to know for sure. Nobody knows how the new Big Ten contract will shake out.

Reaction Score

The ACC made a mockery of their alleged high standards in academics with the addition of Louisville. This all became more understandable when the full breadth of the UNC story came out and the Syracuse story finally got some deserved attention. The conference's collective statements regarding academics are paeans to the academic gods and constitute pure and utter BS.

Dooley

Reaction Score
The ACC made a mockery of their alleged high standards in academics with the addition of Louisville. This all became more understandable when the full breadth of the UNC story came out and the Syracuse story finally got some deserved attention. The conference's collective statements regarding academics are paeans to the academic gods and constitute pure and utter BS.

Couldn't agree more. Don't forget about Notre Dame, too! The "golden dome" of academics are also guilty of running their own academic ponzi scheme while under the partial umbrella of the ACC.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8h8 hours ago
That "invitation only" expansion discussion board will be working soon... maybe today.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ago
Just for kicks I spoke to a friend who knows about such things. I asked him if there is any scenario that he could see the B12 expanding.

He said he couldn't think of one. Nothing is being discussed.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV KU is not giving up any tier 3 rights to the big 12 members. Neither is Texas or Oklahoma. That is a fact

@NebGradDubDub The other duh factor is the money UT gets for the LHN is > than BTN share. You think UT is giving up that $?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub In the 2nd half of the LHN contract (10 to 20 years) Btn will be giving out =$ to LHN with much more exposure

@flugempire @NebGradDubDub The point is that UT would make less for the fictional B12N than for LHN.

@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub LHN is a pea shooter vs Conference networks Texas is losing out on exposure

@flugempire @NebGradDubDub Greg. We are not comparing LHN to BTN. We are comparing guaranteed LHN $ versus B12N $.

@NebGradDubDub Both the SECN & BTN have T2 football games. The SECN even has what are arguably T1 games. T1 & T2 rights are locked up.

@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub LHN is not turning into the Big 12 network.....but LHN does nothing for Big 12 in branding. UT can keep LHN

@flugempire @NebGradDubDub I agree with that. I watched ISU-UT on LHN & it was horrible.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 11h 11 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity I think the B12 is shortsighted. But my opinion doesn't change the fact that the B12 isn't expanding anytime

@Manny_Insanity Cincy & all the other AAC schools had better hope the B12 doesn't reverse course & expand right now.

@Manny_Insanity Because if they did they would likely just add BYU & stay at 11. They can elect to play a CCG without expanding.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 42m 42 minutes ago
@Kool_J75 @Manny_Insanity Here's the deal, I'm going to put this as plain as possible - whoever is telling you the B12 will expand is lying.

@Kool_J75 @Manny_Insanity Absolutely nothing going on - no conversations - no internal debate - nothing.

@Kool_J75 @Manny_Insanity They will not expand & take a revenue cut. There isn't anyway to expand without that revenue cut right now.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 40m 40 minutes ago
@Kool_J75 @Manny_Insanity And once again Cincy & all the other AAC teams do not want the B12 to expand right now.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 40m 40 minutes ago
@Kool_J75 @Manny_Insanity Because if they did they would just add BYU and be done with it. They will be able to set their own rules.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 39m 39 minutes ago
@Kool_J75 @Manny_Insanity There is a way to pay for expansion & my gut is that it happens. But not right now. Maybe in 5 years.

Reaction Score
The Dude keeps saying the Big 12 will not expand because they don’t want to take a pay cut. But I would think if they wanted to expand ESPN and Fox would just rework their deal with a slight bump and a couple years extension on their current deal to lock it in before the Big 10 contract comes out and drives all future prices up.

That said I don’t think the Big 12 is proactively going to do anything.

Dooley

Reaction Score
The B12 is in serious jeopardy, in my opinion. For example, if the ACC were to lose FSU and/or Clemson, it could survive as a modern day Big East/ACC combination. It would still have a niche as the best basketball conference in the country and still cover enough ground to make money in large TV markets and allow schools to mine for football and basketball recruits within their own footprint. The best replacement options that are stuck in G5 purgatory (UCONN, UCF, Cincinnati), also fall within their footprint making finding replacements much easier. If the B12 lost Texas and/or OU, they are in a world of hurt. I suppose they could try to replace those schools from the same list available to the ACC but that only means that their borders are even larger for travel purposes.

I also don't think their round robin style is going to be the preferred method of electing a conference champion for purposes of determining playoff participants, even when the field grows to 8 like we all think. Who's to say who is the best team from the B12 if OU beats WVU who beats Baylor who beats TCU who beats OU who loses to Kansas State who loses to TCU who loses to WVU...and all have identical records? I can see the tremendous panel of "experts" coming together and instead of making a choice from that group, choose to not make that choice and instead make a "safe" pick with a 1-loss, non-champion SEC team in the B12's place. Yes, I suppose a Duke could upset a FSU once every few decades or so in a CG, but on most years, the conference champion is truly decided on the field. Thus, the decision for the "expert" panel is easier and safer.

The B12 is certainly bucking the trend by staying at 10, going with a round robin to determine their conference champion, and opting to not explore a Network deal whatsoever. To me, that reeks of insecurity to try to appease the top kings of the conference: OU and Texas. Make them share any more revenue with the plethora of bottom feeders that that conference already has will surely cause them to explore "other options".

Reaction Score
The B12 is in serious jeopardy, in my opinion. For example, if the ACC were to lose FSU and/or Clemson, it could survive as a modern day Big East/ACC combination. It would still have a niche as the best basketball conference in the country and still cover enough ground to make money in large TV markets and allow schools to mine for football and basketball recruits within their own footprint. The best replacement options that are stuck in G5 purgatory (UCONN, UCF, Cincinnati), also fall within their footprint making finding replacements much easier. If the B12 lost Texas and/or OU, they are in a world of hurt. I suppose they could try to replace those schools from the same list available to the ACC but that only means that their borders are even larger for travel purposes.

I also don't think their round robin style is going to be the preferred method of electing a conference champion for purposes of determining playoff participants, even when the field grows to 8 like we all think. Who's to say who is the best team from the B12 if OU beats WVU who beats Baylor who beats TCU who beats OU who loses to Kansas State who loses to TCU who loses to WVU...and all have identical records? I can see the tremendous panel of "experts" coming together and instead of making a choice from that group, choose to not make that choice and instead make a "safe" pick with a 1-loss, non-champion SEC team in the B12's place. Yes, I suppose a Duke could upset a FSU once every few decades or so in a CG, but on most years, the conference champion is truly decided on the field. Thus, the decision for the "expert" panel is easier and safer.

The B12 is certainly bucking the trend by staying at 10, going with a round robin to determine their conference champion, and opting to not explore a Network deal whatsoever. To me, that reeks of insecurity to try to appease the top kings of the conference: OU and Texas. Make them share any more revenue with the plethora of bottom feeders that that conference already has will surely cause them to explore "other options".

I think you have hit it on the head here. Unless an undefeated team comes thru the B12 I see their "champion" being the one left out more often than not.

The other issue, which is more likely even bigger, is how will schools like Oklahoma & Kansas feel in the next few years as their neighbors Missouri, Nebraska & even Iowa are making twice as much in media revenue than them. Plus, Bevo in their own conference with the LHN making significantly more as well.

I believe these issues will lead to B12 instability in the next 5 years

Reaction Score
For kicks and giggles....

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 5h 5 hours ago
For those who believe ND is good with their status are ok with the albatross of playing INDY in this new ERA are going to be surprised.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

But ND needs the ACC to be able to help pick up financially Budget bottom ACC schools. ACC is the center of new phase in realignment.

...money problem....but they have a huge pathway problem to the playoffs. 1 loss ND seasons not competitive with other 1 loss Conf Champs

....the bottom schools in the conference by developing a new REV STREAM (ACCN). This all going to play out next spring-summer. ND has no...

Notre Dame is now a 2nd class "citizen" under the CFB playoffs criteria's, and they acknowledge this. ND needs the ACC to bolster $ for...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For kicks and giggles....

For those who believe ND is good with their status are ok with the albatross of playing INDY in this new ERA are going to be surprised.

But ND needs the ACC to be able to help pick up financially Budget bottom ACC schools. ACC is the center of new phase in realignment.

...money problem....but they have a huge pathway problem to the playoffs. 1 loss ND seasons not competitive with other 1 loss Conf Champs

....the bottom schools in the conference by developing a new REV STREAM (ACCN). This all going to play out next spring-summer. ND has no...

Notre Dame is now a 2nd class "citizen" under the CFB playoffs criteria's, and they acknowledge this. ND needs the ACC to bolster $ for...
Read bottom to top.

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand the need to pickup the botom feeders. Can someone help me understand

Reaction Score
Greg fails to set forth in detail how ND's playoff committee ranking would be any different if, say, it were a full ACC member.

I don't see it. He is not very convincing. For instance, where would independent ND sit if the back judge had not thrown that flag at FSU? Second?

No complaints from me about ND's playoff ranking. Just win every game (this year and next).

Why worry about committee concocted rankings that one cannot control?

Frankly, I am just sitting back and enjoying Notre Dame's resurgence into national prominence under Brian Kelly.

ND is 27-6 since the beginning of the 2012 season (19-2 when Everett Golson started).

It is all good. Next year's team will have almost everyone back, plus 3 of the players suspended this year, plus is sitting on the #7 recruiting class right now.

I like where Kelly is taking the ND program. No worries about calls or rankings here, especially at the end of October.

I see no reason why conference membership would change ND's current ranking. Maybe Greg will expound further on that. No real benefit to ND in joining the ACC (the conference it is contractually bound to) for football, in my opinion.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Greg fails to set forth in detail how ND's playoff committee ranking would be any different if, say, it were a full ACC member.

I don't see it. He is not very convincing. For instance, where would independent ND sit if the back judge had not thrown that flag at FSU? Second?

No complaints from me about ND's playoff ranking. Just win every game (this year and next).

Frankly, I am just sitting back and enjoying Notre Dame's resurgence into national prominence under Brian Kelly.

ND is 27-6 since the beginning of the 2012 season (19-2 when Everett Golson started).

It is all good. Next year's team will have almost everyone back, plus 3 of the players suspended this year, plus is sitting on the #7 recruiting class right now.

I like where Kelly is taking the ND program. No worries about calls or rankings here, especially at the end of October.

I see no reason why conference membership would change ND's current ranking. Maybe Greg will expound further on that. No real benefit to ND in joining the ACC (the conference it is contractually bound to) for football, in my opinion.
These rankings are so the talking heads have something to fill 4 hours of daily air time (Actually 1 hour and 45 minutes, considering advertisements, 20/20 sports flashes, traffic and weather). Nothing matters until after the Championship week.

The Football Playoff Committee is a dumb idea. Inclusion is still a moving target. There are just 4 teams now instead of 2. For a true champion to be crowned, they should increase the playoff to 10 teams. Give more access to the G5 conferences and have a couple at-larges bids. Alas College football is not build on fairness, it's built on money, under the guise of amateurism.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

All tweet him that question

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom