Non-Key Tweets | Page 115 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
FOX may open doors to available schools that don't meet current B1G metrics. Will B1G presidents succumb? FOX is going to over pay....but how much?....does the Big 10 expanding conf games..

Matt Wyers ‏@mkw_14 · 38m38 minutes ago
@flugempire What sort of programs would fall under that umbrella? Are you talking about ACC schools?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire @mkw_14
ACC schools are not available in short term. I'm going to keep it short. FOX wants cover east c. fb.Doors closed..may becomed open
Flugaur you tease just say it Fox will overpay for UConn. C'mon Diaco, win a game to show that there's still a pulse in Connecticut football.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
FOX may open doors to available schools that don't meet current B1G metrics. Will B1G presidents succumb? FOX is going to over pay....but how much?....does the Big 10 expanding conf games..

Matt Wyers ‏@mkw_14 · 38m38 minutes ago
@flugempire What sort of programs would fall under that umbrella? Are you talking about ACC schools?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire @mkw_14
ACC schools are not available in short term. I'm going to keep it short. FOX wants cover east c. fb.Doors closed..may becomed open
I'll believe it when I see it!

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
More...much more coming on the this story of FOX not just wanting half the pie.....but wanting the pie to grow even if its overpaying.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire @MurrDCU @ctkevb
FOX has no other pathway.....no other vehicle to get their platforms nationally in CFB on east coast. This motivation watch

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
@ctkevb
The new Big 10 Tier-1 TV contract will impact realignment/expansion either in the short term (16-18) or mid term (19-20)........

Murr ‏@MurrDCU · 44m44 minutes ago
@flugempire @ctkevb
if short term, 2019, then the ACC schools come in play. Before that it's AAC,CAA,Ivy and other smaller athletic schools

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 24m24 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @ctkevb
FOX wants in on East Coast Football Tier 1 national.....only pathway is B1G split contract with ESPN in 16/17.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU · 16m16 minutes ago
@flugempire @ctkevb
or outbid ESPN for Tier 1. Should be enough content for FOX, FS1 & 2 w/ PAC games

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire @MurrDCU @ctkevb
ESPN will get half. FOX will get half a loaf.....wants their half of

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @ctkevb. ...a decent portion of their half in eastern markets

Reaction Score
I will say, his commentary in general about Fox wanting East Coast football makes sense. Currently, the only team in a conference with which they have a deal in the Eastern time zone is WVU.

Reaction Score
How far along in Diaco's process will we be at that point?
As a selling point, we can offer college footballs only exhibition game package as content.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Mentioned before, but UConn does not have to add value in a vaccuum, per se. Can we deliver eyeballs and interest in the teams playing here? That has value too. Penn State and Michigan have alumni and fans in state, amongst other B1G programs... Raise all boats.

Reaction Score
Pay attention to FOX - many of us thought they were bat-sh__ crazy when they did their first NFL deal. IMO, they will be a player and they'll need content. IMO, we won't languish long in the gulag...

Reaction Score
Mentioned before, but UConn does not have to add value in a vaccuum, per se. Can we deliver eyeballs and interest in the teams playing here? That has value too. Penn State and Michigan have alumni and fans in state, amongst other B1G programs... Raise all boats.

This explains the B1G's willingness to add Rutgers (not because they're any good, but because of all of the B1G alumni nearby) and we can only hope they would like a second bite at The Big Apple for the same reason.

Reaction Score
Would all non-Football content go to the BTN? Would Fox also get basketball rights? If yes, we have a chance.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So who the hell is this Greg Flugaur again? There aren't many schools that come close to meeting his description of East Coast football teams not in the ACC. UConn, Temple, Army, Navy, Buffalo...UMass? I mean that's it in the northeast.

Reaction Score
So who the hell is this Greg Flugaur again? There aren't many schools that come close to meeting his description of East Coast football teams not in the ACC. UConn, Temple, Army, Navy, Buffalo...UMass? I mean that's it in the northeast.

Flugaur's ["Fox's"] motivations make some sense, but the logistics make it seem very unrealistic. Anyway...

And it wouldn't/couldn't be Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, or Florida.

Kentucky & UConn to the B1G? Discuss. (Kentucky is contiguous, is not bound by a grant of rights, and I have read internet chatter that their research profile is improving. If B1G wants to improve basketball, there you have it.)

Or could Fox's East Coast mission be addressed with some of Cincinnati/UConn/UCF/USF/ECU to Big XII.

Reaction Score

The value to the TV contract is only one aspect the B1G should be looking at. Increased ticket revenue for men’s and women’s basketball should not be overlooked. Somebody should look up the average attendance of our opponents then the departure from average when they host Uconn. The increase in $ is probably small compared to the TV dollars they already make but it has to count for something.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Flugaur's ["Fox's"] motivations make some sense, but the logistics make it seem very unrealistic. Anyway...

And it wouldn't/couldn't be Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, or Florida.

Kentucky & UConn to the B1G? Discuss. (Kentucky is contiguous, is not bound by a grant of rights, and I have read internet chatter that their research profile is improving. If B1G wants to improve basketball, there you have it.)

Or could Fox's East Coast mission be addressed with some of Cincinnati/UConn/UCF/USF/ECU to Big XII.
Wow the addition of UConn and Kentucky would be a statement wouldn't it? Kind of ends the debate as to who has the best basketball conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow the addition of UConn and Kentucky would be a statement wouldn't it? Kind of ends the debate as to who has the best basketball conference.

Better to make absolutely sure and get Kansas and Oklahoma too.

Reaction Score
Let's assume the dude of Minnesota is not HFD. What Eastern schools could be in play besides us. Would they seriously consider buffalo, umass and temple? Now that I think about it, it has to be HFD.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Debating realignment scenarios on twitter with MHver does not improve one's credibility.

Reaction Score
The more tweets I read from that guy...the more I think he is HFD!!!

I just noticed that Flugaur's twitter account started shortly after HFD shut down his twitter account.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I just noticed that Flugaur's twitter account started shortly after HFD shut down his twitter account.
If it is HFD his psychosis knows no limits. Flug is always commenting on Minnesota Sports so it would be a deeply thorough ruse.

Reaction Score
If it is HFD his psychosis knows no limits. Flug is always commenting on Minnesota Sports so it would be a deeply thorough ruse.

I know because there is someone by that name who actually lives in Minnesota. I have always thought that Flugaur knows too much about UConn for someone who is not a fan. Unless it's because the real Flugaur works for Burton's company and that is why he has an interest in UConn.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom