Nichols re injured ankle, could be done for year | The Boneyard

Nichols re injured ankle, could be done for year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's a Sophomore so the sun will come out tomorrow.

Reaction Score
They can still beat us if we don't show up. Wish him luck, nice player - should be better and may be soon enough.

Reaction Score
what? He murdered us last time and was yapping. he can sit down. In case you forgot we need to win out in the tourney... i hope the entire AAC twists their ankles getting out of bed.

I agree James no doubt, but "nice"? lol ;)

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
He is a really nice player. Wish we had him. Get well.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
tough break for the kid and the school, he killed us

and beating Memphis with him would be better for us, in more ways than one. I hope he has another miracle recovery

Reaction Score
C'mon everyone here smiled a little bit knowing the kid won't play against us. That doesn't mean we're glad a kid got hurt, but moreso he's out during a time we need a win.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
C'mon everyone here smiled a little bit knowing the kid won't play against us. That doesn't mean we're glad a kid got hurt, but moreso he's out during a time we need a win.
That would be the "but we'll take it"

Reaction Score
No one should ever be happy that someone else gets hurt. It is no fun. Put yourself in their (the player/person) shoes. Injuries suck!!!

Reaction Score
No one should ever be happy that someone else gets hurt. It is no fun. Put yourself in their (the player/person) shoes. Injuries suck!!!
Of course injuries suck, but maybe when they work out in UConn's favor in terms of getting into the NCAAs, it's not such a bad thing.
tOOaSvO.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hate seeing anyone get hurt and hope he is better soon- we need to win with team's best players on the floor- or making the NCCAs will amount to jack .

Reaction Score
Of course injuries suck, but maybe when they work out in UConn's favor in terms of getting into the NCAAs, it's a not such a bad thing.
tOOaSvO.jpg
Trust me, I get it. But what you say and what you think is what makes the difference often times. Compassion is a truly a high level thought process we should all strive to attain (MYSELF included).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
FWIW I take no pleasure in a kid injuring himself. I hope he comes back strong next year. These kids practice almost their entire lives to earn a scholarship to college to play hoops. It breaks my heart to see it happen to any athlete - male, female, and in any sport. Having said that, as a UCONN fan, while not "happy" per se, UCONN IS fighting for their NCAA lives and anything that happens that helps them get there is ok by me... even if it happens to be a bit bittersweet...

Not for nothing, but I totally disagree with "if we don't win with their best players on the court then getting into the NCAA's means jack". It's like saying "put an asterisk next to UCONN's 2011 NCAA win because it was such an ugly game with horrible offense that set the game back 5 years" blah blah.

All anyone remembers now is that we have 4 NC's. If we get into the NCAA's, regardless of how it's done, all anyone will remember is that we weren't one of the National Champions to miss the NCAA's the following season...

Reaction Score
nice
what? He murdered us last time and was yapping. he can sit down. In case you forgot we need to win out in the tourney... i hope the entire AAC twists their ankles getting out of bed.

As someone who had their sports career cut short due to reconstructive ankle surgery, I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. Flat out, you're a POS for wishing injuries on student athletes, in which a good number of them have their lives resting in the hands of the success of their basketball career. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Austin Nichols is one of the best players in this conference. He is a solid fundamental big guy who does lots of things right & hustles his butt off. The interior positioning, blocking out and post moves are all high level. Wish him well.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
He's a Sophomore so the sun will come out tomorrow.

season is already in the tank, after the 2nd injury to that ankle I thought to myself, "well, chances of Austin coming back have gone up dramatically"

so there's that!

Reaction Score
season is already in the tank, after the 2nd injury to that ankle I thought to myself, "well, chances of Austin coming back have gone up dramatically"

so there's that!
Was him not coming back for next year ever on the table? He's a good player but I certainly don't see him leaving unless he's missing something in the head.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Was him not coming back for next year ever on the table? He's a good player but I certainly don't see him leaving unless he's missing something in the head.

I worry about him going to the Euro leagues for a six figure salary.

D

Deleted member 3149

By no means does that make Memphis an easy win. It wasn't just Nichols who punked us last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom