NFL Draft Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NFL Draft Thread

Reaction Score
You're wrong. It's not fantasy football. You saw a kicker go in the 3rd round for a reason. Teams are realizing that they are very much worth it. A depth piece that may not make your roster is not more important than a guy who will start for 4-5 years. These are absolutely critical positions.
I saw a lady drive off the road into a tree, should I do the same?

Reaction Score
I guess it's a good thing you're not a 49er fan than. For the Pats, Punter was the biggest need on the team by far. Kicker was up there with CB. I believe in field position football.
Your QB was 28th in QBR so getting a top college punter makes sense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Your QB was 28th in QBR so getting a top college punter makes sense.
Did you think there were better QBs in the 6th round? They took a high upside WR in the 6th. Universally graded as a great pick for those who care. What is your point? I'm not worried about the QB this year.

Reaction Score
Did you think there were better QBs in the 6th round? They took a high upside WR in the 6th. Universally graded as a great pick for those who care. What is your point? I'm not worried about the QB this year.
My point was your QB stinks so drafting a punter was a great move to help with field position. If your goal is try to win by scoring 12 points game spending 3 picks on a kicker and punter was a great strategy.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My point was your QB stinks so drafting a punter was a great move to help with field position. If your goal is try to win by scoring 12 points game spending 3 picks on a kicker and punter was a great strategy.
I don't know what your team is but, believe what you want to believe. I think last year was mostly a coaching problem that has been solved. Mac isn't Brady, but he'll be fine. I am absolutely confident that those two guys will help the offense more than any player they could have picked would have. No skill position player in round 4-6 is likely to be more than injury depth with the possible exception of TE.

Every great once in a while somebody gets Amon Ra St. Brown in round 4. Tony Pollard panned out. But after a couple of years, many 4th round guys are out of the league, especially at skill positions. Those were the only two true impact offensive players I could find out to 2017. A few mediocre guys like Will Dissly or Bellinger and Josh Reynolds who is above average. Take a look.

My only real complaint came in round 3, where two TEs, Kraft and Washington, were available. Some thought Washington could move into round 1. But the guys that actually got picked were in a very different order than what the analysts projected for TE.

Reaction Score
I don't know what your team is but, believe what you want to believe. I think last year was mostly a coaching problem that has been solved. Mac isn't Brady, but he'll be fine. I am absolutely confident that those two guys will help the offense more than any player they could have picked would have. No skill position player in round 4-6 is likely to be more than injury depth with the possible exception of TE.

Every great once in a while somebody gets Amon Ra St. Brown in round 4. Tony Pollard panned out. But after a couple of years, many 4th round guys are out of the league, especially at skill positions. Those were the only two true impact offensive players I could find out to 2017. A few mediocre guys like Will Dissly or Bellinger and Josh Reynolds who is above average. Take a look.

My only real complaint came in round 3, where two TEs, Kraft and Washington, were available. Some thought Washington could move into round 1. But the guys that actually got picked were in a very different order than what the analysts projected for TE.
You're missing a pretty big one, you've watched him every Sunday and he's the starting RB for your team

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You're missing a pretty big one, you've watched him every Sunday and he's the starting RB for your team
True. Missed that one. And going back another year there's Dak in 2016. Point is you don't expect those picks to contribute right away if they do at all. That's why so many are OL.

Reaction Score
True. Missed that one. And going back another year there's Dak in 2016. Point is you don't expect those picks to contribute right away if they do at all. That's why so many are OL.
Oh yeah, definitely not a ton of contributors on day 3. That's why if I were a GM I'd just take a RB and WR every year day 3 and hope to hit on one every few years. Hit on a guy like Stevenson, Pollard, Dameon Pierce ajs you're set for 3-4 years at RB

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sauce >>>>>>> Gonzalez
The 4th overall pick and DROY with a season of NFL experience is better than a current draftee? You don't say.

Reaction Score
I guess it's a good thing you're not a 49er fan than. For the Pats, Punter was the biggest need on the team by far. Kicker was up there with CB. I believe in field position football.
This post should be put in the Boneyard Hall of Fame.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This post should be put in the Boneyard Hall of Fame.
Punter has been fine. The draft was quite good. Gonzalez looks like a star, but got hurt. Big changes will come this year. Not sure what I want them to do.

Reaction Score
Punter has been fine. The draft was quite good. Gonzalez looks like a star, but got hurt. Big changes will come this year. Not sure what I want them to do.
Interesting. So you watch this team play and think ST is its biggest issue? And you are glad you drafted a kicker who is 35th in accuracy on FGs in the 4th round and a punter?

No need to get into the 2nd round DE having 0 sacks, the 3rd LB graded at a 41, and the 4th round C having played 0 snaps.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Interesting. So you watch this team play and think ST is its biggest issue? And you are glad you drafted a kicker who is 35th in accuracy on FGs in the 4th round and a punter?

No need to get into the 2nd round DE having 0 sacks, the 3rd LB graded at a 41, and the 4th round C having played 0 snaps.
The. 3rd LB is a safety and will replace Dugger most likely. The K and punter are fine. QB, WR, OL and injuries are the issue. White will be a terrific Edge. You seem to think rookies normally step in at these positions. They don’t usually. I have lots of issues, that draft isn’t one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom