Next - I've seen enough of Cochran | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Next - I've seen enough of Cochran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not that bizarre - my initial post was 'couldnt hit broad side of barn'

Callahn - 'Cochran did miss high on a handful of throws, including two critical passes that ended in an interception and denied Geremy Davis an easy big gain.'

He likes his pocket pressence - I like accuracy. At the time of my initial post Casey was NOT accurate.

Thanks for the advice though.

It's one game. Let's look at their track records. Cochran has been more accurate based on statistics and shown better pocket awareness. I'd rather have a guy stand in and make the throw than tuck and cower whilst getting sacked. Even if those pressured throws result in an INT from time to time. Can't make the throw if you don't stand in there and take a hit every now and again. INT's happen. It's part of the game. Limiting them in important, something Casey has been able to do.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
It's one game. Let's look at their track records. Cochran has been more accurate based on statistics and shown better pocket awareness. I'd rather have a guy stand in and make the throw than tuck and cower whilst getting sacked. Even if those pressured throws result in an INT from time to time. Can't make the throw if you don't stand in there and take a hit every now and again. INT's happen. It's part of the game. Limiting them in important, something Casey has been able to do.

Good post -

I never called for Cochran to never see the field ever again - I just had seen enough at that point of the game to see the other option.

And I gave credit when he was more accurate in the second half during the game - but that was me 'waffling'.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Bonehead, I have to say you are wronge on this one. CC has 3 years to develop and does hang in the pocket and is willing to take a hit to deliver the ball where it needs to go. I believe we have given Whitmer had his fair opportunity and he did not deliver. If his primary receiver is not open he tends to drop his head and bail out of pocket way to soon often running into sacks. He may be a little more accurate but CC will get better with some additional playing time which he needs to get playing full time.

respectfully stated - fresh air...

Reaction Score
respectfully stated - fresh air...

You attempting to claim the high road is laughable. You didn't want Casey to play again in the game. And were a little edgy as the thread kicked off. Maybe you had a few in you at the time.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
You attempting to claim the high road is laughable. You didn't want Casey to play again in the game. And were a little edgy as the thread kicked off. Maybe you had a few in you at the time.

Yeah - its nice when people disagree respectfully.

Reaction Score
Yeah - its nice when people disagree respectfully.

"Yeah. Because Whitmer turned ball over in byu territory. Oh no he didn't. That's right. And the coach has no confidence in Casey either. So me and Diaco are wrong. Ok. Send in your resume."

- Bonehead 9:21 PM Friday night.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
"Yeah. Because Whitmer turned ball over in byu territory. Oh no he didn't. That's right. And the coach has no confidence in Casey either. So me and Diaco are wrong. Ok. Send in your resume."

- Bonehead 9:21 PM Friday night.

thats disrepsectful? there was no name calling - no adjectives used.

We dont agree on much -

It was used to show none of us are qualified to be on the sidelines for UConn FB - thats why we are in the stands - including you.

Keep beating me up - 'Im 40 - Im a man!!'

Its personal for you...funny.

Reaction Score
thats disrepsectful? there was no name calling - no adjectives used.

We dont agree on much -

It was used to show none of us are qualified to be on the sidelines for UConn FB - thats why we are in the stands - including you.

Keep beating me up - 'Im 40 - Im a man!!'

Its personal for you...funny.

It's not personal for me at all. You're the one who started the thread and won't let it die. You claim people are insulting you and getting personal. One guy called you clueless and another stated your handle fit you perfectly. This after you said the board was no better than the CT HS coaches and got bent when the "local hero" didn't do well. You don't get to claim the high road after making those statements.

You're wrong about this. Move on.

Reaction Score
One more thought on this. After Cochran lead them down the field and into the red zone and he brought in Whitmer. On one of the 2 plays to follow, the first was a sack and the second to me which is also why I think you need to move on from Whitmer is this. He was rolling out and then rather than just throw the ball away as he approached the sidelines, he just ran out of bounds and took I think was a 4 yard loss. The following play was the fake FG which if you don't lose those 4 yards may never happen.
My point being is that someone who is a Senior can't make a boneheaded (no pun intended) play like that.

Reaction Score

The best thing you can say about Whitmer is that he was almost as good as Casey on Friday. For some, that's enough to just give him the ball for the rest of the year . . .

Reaction Score
The best thing you can say about Whitmer is that he was almost as good as Casey on Friday. For some, that's enough to just give him the ball for the rest of the year . . .

When did I say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89