Next - I've seen enough of Cochran | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next - I've seen enough of Cochran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Casey sticks in the pocket and tries to make plays. Chandler runs scared at the whiff of pressure. I'd rather my QB take the sack.
I'd rather my QB not miss wide open receivers.

Reaction Score
I hope the only reason Whitmer played was to keep CC's confidence up. Casey is by far our best bet (or Boyle). If we see more Whitmer play, its going to be a very vet long season. Now nothing personal against Whit, his skill set is unfortunalely extremely limited, but as a team player I hope he continues to add value.

And now its back to George Thorogood.

Reaction Score
Casey was better IMO and it wasn't even that close. Whitmer's pocket presence just isn't up to snuff. When there was any pressure and even plenty of phantom pressure, he took off running, while Casey was able to stand in and get rid of the ball quickly. I like him as a back up but cochran as the full time starter gives this team the best chance to win.

Reaction Score
Casey was better IMO and it wasn't even that close. Whitmer's pocket presence just isn't up to snuff. When there was any pressure and even plenty of phantom pressure, he took off running, while Casey was able to stand in and get rid of the ball quickly. I like him as a back up but cochran as the full time starter gives this team the best chance to win.

Whitmer has a significant case of David Carr syndrome. Has apparently not improved since his last outing.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have a hard time criticizing the QBs when they are rotated in and out so often. Unless these are still tryouts, there isn't all that much difference in what those two bring to the table. Whitmer is marginally quicker when he has to escape, but he doesn't bring much of a running dimension. Leave one of them in and get some rhythm.. Casey wasn't half bad last year when he was the guy.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I agree with Cohen. There wasn't much difference between the two QB's, which is even more reason to just pick one and be happy that there won't be a big drop off if the first one gets hurt.

Reaction Score
I agree with Cohen. There wasn't much difference between the two QB's, which is even more reason to just pick one and be happy that there won't be a big drop off if the first one gets hurt.

Its the reason you let the young guy with the greater upside play. Chandler is a tough kid, plays hard but he won't get us where we need to be this year or next.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Its the reason you let the young guy with the greater upside play. Chandler is a tough kid, plays hard but he won't get us where we need to be this year or next.

That's the truth. But that doesn't mean Whitmer wasn't the better QB tonight. What if Chandler threw that pick? My lord he would be toast. Whatever chance for a win after the fumble was lost on that play.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
He is not the reason we are losing but he couldn't hit broad side of barn right now.

Whitmer was in threw two beautiful passes that were dropped.

Whitmer is terrible. There is no "next" Boyle is the other option. That what you want? The team plays better when Casey is in. Whitmer is terrified of live game action.

Reaction Score
Stick with CC. Seen enough of Whitmer. No mobility in the pocket at all.

Reaction Score
Casey leads them to the red zone, Whitmer comes in, and I'm baffled.

I hate this platoon.

This two QB idea is awful.

It never works.

We didn't lose the game because of it but it's still a terrible idea.

Pick a QB already. I can't stand this indecisiveness.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
That's the truth. But that doesn't mean Whitmer wasn't the better QB tonight. What if Chandler threw that pick? My lord he would be toast. Whatever chance for a win after the fumble was lost on that play.

So true -

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Your name is very fitting.

Did you watch the local hero turn the ball over in BYU territory with an overthrow of about 5 feet in air??

If that was Whitmer there would be a 10 page post about it.

This board on a whole is no better than the CT HS FB coaches - blue shades on when the local kids can't get the job done.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Did you watch the local hero turn the ball over in BYU territory with an overthrow of about 5 feet in air??

This board on a whole is no better than the CT HS FB coaches - blue shades on when the local kids can't get the job done.
That was last year and the year before. You weren't here in 2012 apparently. Or didn't pay attention in 2013.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So, just to recap, we have threads that are criticizing the coach for playing two QBs and threads about replacing the QB after 1 quarter. Got it.

Reaction Score

If you think Whitmer is a better QB then you are as clueless as they come. The talent level is not close and neither are the results on the field.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
If you think Whitmer is a better QB then you are as clueless as they come. The talent level is not close and neither are the results on the field.
Yep. I am clueless. It was Boyle overthrowing receivers. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom