New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 30 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
Beers to Oklahoma is very intriguing, as it should elevate OU to the upper echelon of teams

in the Big 12

with their whole roster (or almost their whole roster) back next year. Watching her go up against Ashlyn Watkins will be a treat next season.

TVO at USC is another big domino to fall. Her and Iriafen joining forces with Watkins helps ensure USC doesn’t drop off next year with so many new freshmen and helps the transition period as they get up to par next season. USC’s offense will be interesting though as both Kiki/TVO come from more passing oriented teams vs the hero ball style Gottlieb used last year.

Right now I think Barker and Gardiner are the last 2 big game changers in the portal. Barker with the right fit could be an absolute monster of a player and Gardiner has inside out ability and potential to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a title contender.
I had OU 4th in the SEC. I might move them over LSU to 3rd.

Reaction Score
Beers to Oklahoma is very intriguing, as it should elevate OU to the upper echelon of teams in the Big 12 with their whole roster (or almost their whole roster) back next year. Watching her go up against Ashlyn Watkins will be a treat next season.

TVO at USC is another big domino to fall. Her and Iriafen joining forces with Watkins helps ensure USC doesn’t drop off next year with so many new freshmen and helps the transition period as they get up to par next season. USC’s offense will be interesting though as both Kiki/TVO come from more passing oriented teams vs the hero ball style Gottlieb used last year.

Right now I think Barker and Gardiner are the last 2 big game changers in the portal. Barker with the right fit could be an absolute monster of a player and Gardiner has inside out ability and potential to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a title contender.
Ummm...I have some new for you... :p

EDIT: I see the news has been made quite clear. :cool:

Reaction Score
Beers to Oklahoma is very intriguing, as it should elevate OU to the upper echelon of teams in the SEC with their whole roster (or almost their whole roster) back next year. Watching her go up against Ashlyn Watkins will be a treat next season.

Gardiner could easily be the #1 option at her new team. Gardiner was sometimes the #1 scoring option at Oregon State and also #2 option (to Raegan Beers). But there were multiple games late in the season that Gardiner was our leading scorer.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gardiner could easily be the #1 option at her new team. Gardiner was sometimes the #1 scoring option at Oregon State and also #2 option (to Raegan Beers). But there were multiple games late in the season that Gardiner was our leading scorer.
I felt like she was just starting to tap her potential late in the season. She could be a star if she continues to develop.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that doesn’t see the hype with Talia?! Like she never passed the eye test for me and her stats are mid as hell. Her handle is iffy, athleticism weak and shooting is average. What am I missing?

Everyone is saying this elevated USC over SC and I honest to God don’t see it? Top 5 yes definitely. But I don’t see them as the NC favorite now.
The big thing I think people forget is continuity. Players who have played together for 2 or 3 years are going to outperform those new to playing together for the first time, if the talent levels are similar. Chemistry is a way underrated component to success.

Reaction Score

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that doesn’t see the hype with Talia?! Like she never passed the eye test for me and her stats are mid as hell. Her handle is iffy, athleticism weak and shooting is average. What am I missing?

Everyone is saying this elevated USC over SC and I honest to God don’t see it? Top 5 yes definitely. But I don’t see them as the NC favorite now.
There really wasn't much hype with TVO, ESPN had her ranked as#12 transfer.

The hype for USC is that last year with JuJu show year 1, the NCAA committee already had them ranked top 4 with a #1 seed.

Now in year 2 of JuJu, you add an all-american forward, a top ranked Freshman class, and an experienced guard with great leadership skills. Certainly the improved team can't now be worse than top 4 again.

On TVO, you know exactly what you are getting. 10, 5 and 5 with career 34% 3pt shooting, defense and most importantly selflessness and leadership for the freshmen. As a combo guard, she'll just slide in next to JuJu and do what's necessary to win.

What's exciting about the add is the great fit.
If you don't like TVO, who from the portal would have been a better option?

Reaction Score
There really wasn't much hype with TVO, ESPN had her ranked as#12 transfer.

The hype for USC is that last year with JuJu show year 1, the NCAA committee already had them ranked top 4 with a #1 seed.

Now in year 2 of JuJu, you add an all-american forward, a top ranked Freshman class, and an experienced guard with great leadership skills. Certainly the improved team can't now be worse than top 4 again.

On TVO, you know exactly what you are getting. 10, 5 and 5 with career 34% 3pt shooting, defense and most importantly selflessness and leadership for the freshmen. As a combo guard, she'll just slide in next to JuJu and do what's necessary to win.

What's exciting about the add is the great fit.
If you don't like TVO, who from the portal would have been a better option?
Maybe you aren’t on Twitter but all her visits were hyped and talked about as if it was JuJu deciding. My algorithm showed a tone of Talia hype before she ever announced her “finsl
Four” and then after that it doubled.

She is a perfectly fine pick up but she doesn’t elevate them above the undefeated national champions, which is currently the narrative some are pushing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Since that dude Slim won't post a dancing bulldog... I'll post up some dancing Aggies. (My Aggies)

NCATFans_original (1).gif

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Darn I thought you said dancing bullFRog

It's a real shame, I don't think any D1 teams have a frog for a mascot (or any kind of amphibian?). A Horned Frog is as close as we get, and that's not a frog at all, it's a lizard. Real missed opportunity.

Now smaller schools have some classy mascots. Out West I'm aware of a Geoduck (clam) and a Banana Slug.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another Oregon commit -

Long is intriguing. Showed a knack for scoring, but couldn't find many minutes once conference play started. Given UW's lack of scoring punch, that was a bit puzzling.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Could Timea Gardiner be announcing today? Her other finalists out of high school were UCLA and Stanford, I believe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom