New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 29 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
Anyone familiar with Gonzaga and their depth at PG for the upcoming season? Hope Ines gets some playing time, she's a great addition to that program and a great teammate.
Don’t know specifics but Zags lost a ton to graduation. Was not expected to be top 25 this coming season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Anyone familiar with Gonzaga and their depth at PG for the upcoming season? Hope Ines gets some playing time, she's a great addition to that program and a great teammate.
Lost 4 starters, including 3 guards. Also have lost a couple transfers, so depth at guard is thin at this point.

Looking at their roster, there might only be 1 returning guard? Hard to believe.

Reaction Score
Think the hype is coming from their incoming freshman class, along with the pieces they've added to compliment the roster. WBB media have to do something in their spare time right now ;)
The hype for Talia specifically. She was hyped for all the schools she was visiting and I don’t get it all.
If you're basing your opinion on two games, that's too small of a sample to base it on. Coaches thought she played well enough to earn first team all-PAC12 this year in a very competitive conference. That has to mean something. From what I saw this season, she earned the recognition.

Impact on USC, time will tell. No different than last season where some assumed LSU's pick ups in the transfer portal was going to help them repeat. Like I said in a post on the "winning the portal" thread, those predictions don't carry a lot of weight. Too many unknowns when the season is several months away.
I saw a lot more than 2 games of hers, as a subscriber of Pac 12 network to be clear! To me she never really stood out to me when I watched her and I was always watching her to because she was the only name I knew because of all the said hype. I think she’s good but people are acting like USC just added Caitlin Clark to their roster.

Reaction Score
Today's been a fun portal day. Didn't see the Amina Muhammad thing at all but I like it. I was also impressed with one of Oregon's incoming freshmen in the World vs Us game. Maybe some hope for Kelly Graves and the crew. Still a bunch of talent left in the portal they can still grab

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
That was a super-fast announcement by Amina Muhammad today as she barely entered the transfer portal 5-6 days ago. I'm sorry to see her go, but wish her the best. She is talented enough to be a starter at so many programs. But, this happening so fast definitely leaves me with a lot of questions . . .

Reaction Score
The hype for Talia specifically. She was hyped for all the schools she was visiting and I don’t get it all.

I saw a lot more than 2 games of hers, as a subscriber of Pac 12 network to be clear! To me she never really stood out to me when I watched her and I was always watching her to because she was the only name I knew because of all the said hype. I think she’s good but people are acting like USC just added Caitlin Clark to their roster.
I hear you on the hype but still think you're overly focused on that one piece. Like all hype that's out there for all of these players, it should be taken with a fairly large grain of salt.

Reaction Score
Today's been a fun portal day. Didn't see the Amina Muhammad thing at all but I like it. I was also impressed with one of Oregon's incoming freshmen in the World vs Us game. Maybe some hope for Kelly Graves and the crew. Still a bunch of talent left in the portal they can still grab
Big need on the front line after Van Slooten and Basham transferred. Set at guard and good but unproven at wing. Oregon can be much improved with better shooting and lower TO/A ratio. Both quite horrible last season and an anomaly for Graves’ teams.

Reaction Score

This one is a bit of a surprise with Peyton Scott likely set at PG and WA player of the year Katie Fiso coming in. At least two more players coming. We shall see Oregon is looking at going forward.

Reaction Score
Texas gets 6'6 Kyla Oldacre from Miami

If this is why Muhammad left, I think Texas came out the lesser of the deal. They do play different positions though so it could have been unrelated.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Lost 4 starters, including 3 guards. Also have lost a couple transfers, so depth at guard is thin at this point.

Looking at their roster, there might only be 1 returning guard? Hard to believe.
This is good for Bettencourt. Her move was all about playing time. She showed d1 competence in her limited minutes, so I'm curious how she will do with 20-30 consistent minutes across a full season.

Gonzaga also always gives upside of a chance at NCAA tourney given they have been regular league winners.

Ines has had quite a USA experience. First the East Coast, now the West Coast. She'll have seen more of America than most Americans. And from one capital of basketball in Storrs to another at Gonzaga.

I was surprised by this move, but it makes a lot of sense. All the best to Ines!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If this is why Muhammad left, I think Texas came out the lesser of the deal. They do play different positions though so it could have been unrelated.

Muhammad is not a Center. She is lean, athletic 6'4 versatile player how can guard the 1-4 spots. But, she's more of a power forward with a limited face up perimeter shot from like 5-10 feet.

Texas' two backup Centers who entered the transfer portal were:
  • Hadi Faye: 12.2 minutes per game; 5.5 ppg; 3.5 rbg
  • Tionna Herron: 3.5 minutes per game; 1.5 ppg; 0.7 rbg

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Beers to Oklahoma is very intriguing, as it should elevate OU to the upper echelon of teams in the SEC with their whole roster (or almost their whole roster) back next year. Watching her go up against Ashlyn Watkins will be a treat next season.

TVO at USC is another big domino to fall. Her and Iriafen joining forces with Watkins helps ensure USC doesn’t drop off next year with so many new freshmen and helps the transition period as they get up to par next season. USC’s offense will be interesting though as both Kiki/TVO come from more passing oriented teams vs the hero ball style Gottlieb used last year.

Right now I think Barker and Gardiner are the last 2 big game changers in the portal. Barker with the right fit could be an absolute monster of a player and Gardiner has inside out ability and potential to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a title contender.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Beers to Oklahoma is very intriguing, as it should elevate OU to the upper echelon of teams in the Big 12 with their whole roster (or almost their whole roster) back next year. Watching her go up against Ashlyn Watkins will be a treat next season.

TVO at USC is another big domino to fall. Her and Iriafen joining forces with Watkins helps ensure USC doesn’t drop off next year with so many new freshmen and helps the transition period as they get up to par next season. USC’s offense will be interesting though as both Kiki/TVO come from more passing oriented teams vs the hero ball style Gottlieb used last year.

Right now I think Barker and Gardiner are the last 2 big game changers in the portal. Barker with the right fit could be an absolute monster of a player and Gardiner has inside out ability and potential to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a title contender.

Oklahoma will be in the SEC as of July 1, 2024. :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom