New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 28 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score

Good fit. Leader. Versatile. I was hoping she'd choose Kentucky cuz I thought she'd be counted on to score more but USC is interesting.

I think she's the first of the Oregon State crew. Looking to see where all their other players land.

Reaction Score

Am I the only one that doesn’t see the hype with Talia?! Like she never passed the eye test for me and her stats are mid as hell. Her handle is iffy, athleticism weak and shooting is average. What am I missing?

Everyone is saying this elevated USC over SC and I honest to God don’t see it? Top 5 yes definitely. But I don’t see them as the NC favorite now.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that doesn’t see the hype with Talia?! Like she never passed the eye test for me and her stats are mid as hell. Her handle is iffy, athleticism weak and shooting is average. What am I missing?

Everyone is saying this elevated USC over SC and I honest to God don’t see it? Top 5 yes definitely. But I don’t see them as the NC favorite now.
Leapfrogging South Carolina as a favourite, I'm in agreement. Think you're short changing Talia's impact as a player though.

She seems to find a way to come through during crunch time moments. It may not be pretty but it works.

Reaction Score
USC’s defense is going to be top-tier again. Watkins, Iriafen, and TVO are all plus defenders and Gottlieb is a good defensive coach. I’m not as sold on her offense, though. It’s a similar situation to Cori Close at UCLA (ironic since they’re rivals). Tons of talent — can you get the best out of it? I personally don’t think UCLA did this year.

Reaction Score

She's not bad, but I get what you're saying.

Reaction Score
Leapfrogging South Carolina as a favourite, I'm in agreement. Think you're short changing Talia's impact as a player though.

She seems to find a way to come through during crunch time moments. It may not be pretty but it works.
Idk I watched that girl get called for multiple back court violations against Notre Dame with 0 pressure. I know she hit that big shot against UCLA but idk her impact as a transfer seems to be over inflated in the transfer portal. I wouldn’t trade anyone in South Carolina, UConn or Notre Dames backcourt for her.

I’m not a South Carolina fan but I’d be so annoyed with the disrespect with these South Carolina/USC comparisons. Coaching isnt comparable, talent isn’t comparable, experience isn’t comparable.

Reaction Score

Yeah I hear ur critique. I laughed at the term mid, my younger colleagues at work use it, this was one of the first times it made sense to me right away. I do think she's a bit versatile, 5'11 can run the team, and is a good outside shooter. I like that on a team with a bunch of underclassmen she kinda lead by example and did whatever the team needed. I'd comment during the season like y is she not shooting a lot or more involved in the offense but @LoTrader would be like, she's fine! Just seems like she's selfless. I do agree on the athleticism part, but she's improved her fitness level a lot since her freshman year. I'm a fan tbh, but like I'm not sure if I see future pro, or if she will be more than like a 4th option on this team. Idk where it puts them. I'm a bit skeptical about SC next season, respectfully, like they may have 2 losses type of skeptical.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score

Good to see someone coming to OSU. Great opportunity for playing time.

I'm still getting over what happened here, but admire Coach Rueck and am curious to see what his 'adjusted' Beavers do next year.

Meanwhile we still wait for 7 Beavers to find their new pond.

Reaction Score

I somewhat have to agree with you? I’ll admit I didn’t get to see many of the PAC 12 teams in the regular season, but watched all of oregon states tournament run. I thought she was shaky with the ball, but had less turnovers than I would’ve guessed. She disappeared for stretches, but did seem to get buckets when they needed one. I knew her name so I expected to really notice her more on the court.

I think this is a good fit for her though. She’s got a ton of experience, believe she was at one point one of the early enrollees as a high school senior. She can hit an open shot, but wont be called on to be a big time scorer. Seems to hold her own defensively. She’ll definitely help, and most importantly take away the pressure from and the variability of freshman performing. While a great addition, I can’t see how this puts them ahead of South Carolina. But it cements them in the conversation.

Reaction Score
Yeah I hear ur critique. I laughed at the term mid, my younger colleagues at work use it, this was one of the first times it made sense to me right away. I do think she's a bit versatile, 5'11 can run the team, and is a good outside shooter. I like that on a team with a bunch of underclassmen she kinda lead by example and did whatever the team needed. I'd comment during the season like y is she not shooting a lot or more involved in the offense but @LoTrader would be like, she's fine! Just seems like she's selfless. I do agree on the athleticism part, but she's improved her fitness level a lot since her freshman year. I'm a fan tbh, but like I'm not sure if I see future pro, or if she will be more than like a 4th option on this team. Idk where it puts them. I'm a bit skeptical about SC next season, respectfully, like they may have 2 losses type of skeptical.
Yea “she’s fine” is a good description for her. Like she’s a good add and makes sense but people are acting like she makes this a super team or something and I simply don’t understand where the hype is coming from.

Reaction Score
Anyone familiar with Gonzaga and their depth at PG for the upcoming season? Hope Ines gets some playing time, she's a great addition to that program and a great teammate.

I‘m gonna do some research, but the Truong twins are no longer there, so that has to be a positive.

Reaction Score
Idk I watched that girl get called for multiple back court violations against Notre Dame with 0 pressure. I know she hit that big shot against UCLA but idk her impact as a transfer seems to be over inflated in the transfer portal. I wouldn’t trade anyone in South Carolina, UConn or Notre Dames backcourt for her.

I’m not a South Carolina fan but I’d be so annoyed with the disrespect with these South Carolina/USC comparisons. Coaching isnt comparable, talent isn’t comparable, experience isn’t comparable.
If you're basing your opinion on two games, that's too small of a sample to base it on. Coaches thought she played well enough to earn first team all-PAC12 this year in a very competitive conference. That has to mean something. From what I saw this season, she earned the recognition.

Impact on USC, time will tell. No different than last season where some assumed LSU's pick ups in the transfer portal was going to help them repeat. Like I said in a post on the "winning the portal" thread, those predictions don't carry a lot of weight. Too many unknowns when the season is several months away.

Reaction Score
Yea “she’s fine” is a good description for her. Like she’s a good add and makes sense but people are acting like she makes this a super team or something and I simply don’t understand where the hype is coming from.
Think the hype is coming from their incoming freshman class, along with the pieces they've added to compliment the roster. WBB media have to do something in their spare time right now ;)

Reaction Score
I have watched TvO for 4 years now up close. Her value to SC will come in many forms, but leadership will be #1. Born leader. She is as versatile of a player as you will see with a pro body. Will she make a WNBA team? I would say no after this last season, but playing for LG may change my answer after next season. Go back and watch the Oregon State vs SC games this past season and tell me who played better 1v1 defense on JuJu last season. TvO was never known as a plus defender, but this past season she committed to defense and her team followed. TvO is a very good rebounding guard, and has no fear when it comes to scoring a multitude of ways. And she has eyes in the back of her head when it comes to assisting. Sometimes she attempts to thread the needle and it backfires on her, but she can definitely drive up the assists to buckets stat for a team (which will be a benefit to SC). I think the addition of Kiki and TvO defintely makes SC a top 3 team going into next season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Von Oelhoffen also considered Colorado, Kentucky and Louisville and took visits to all four schools before choosing USC for her graduate transfer season.

From what I've followed, most grad-transfers seem to rarely take more than a couple of visits; and, rarely do they end up committing to the fourth or fifth school they visiti. No one can say she wasn't thorough in her selection process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom