New Offer: 2015 SF Chris Clarke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Offer: 2015 SF Chris Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doesn't show much of his handle or shot but the ability to finish through contact and bully his way to the basket is apparent.
He has a good handle and plays a lot of point forward, you can see his handle in his junior year mixtape I posted. Kid looks like a stud who has been underrated for a while.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Super John,
Thanks! That was pretty impressive! Highlight reels are hard to judge but I liked the way he scored through contact. I was hoping for Jones for a while but I could easily like this kid.
In KO I trust.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The highlights only showed one jumpshot that was more than 10' from the hoop. His speed and athleticism were amazing, strong handle, good vision and passing, and finishes strong. He looks like a player, but outside shot remains a mystery and possible weakness.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
video

Best mix tape I've seen all summer.

Every thing he does is assertive and towards the rim. It's been a long time since UConn has had a wing that can consistently finish at the rim.

Need him for #5.

Reaction Score
Best mix tape I've seen all summer.

Every thing he does is assertive and towards the rim. It's been a long time since UConn has had a wing that can consistently finish at the rim.

Need him for #5.

The best part is that entire mixtape is from the same game..I want him on campus immediately for a commitment

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The highlights only showed one jumpshot that was more than 10' from the hoop. His speed and athleticism were amazing, strong handle, good vision and passing, and finishes strong. He looks like a player, but outside shot remains a mystery and possible weakness.
Scouting reports say it needs a lot of work, which is fine by me - he's not coming in to be a star. He'll have a couple of years to work on his stroke.

Most encouraging thing to me from that mixtape was his off-the-ball movement. He cut hard to the hoop a couple of times for easy lay-ups, which isn't all that common on the AAU circuit. Most of these kids need the ball in their hands to be effective. Clarke, on the other hand, seemed happy to be a sidekick.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
4 predictions in the same day, right after getting an offer. Sounds great

Reaction Score
Scouting report on him (from Scout):

Athleticism: Elite- has speed, leaping ability, explosiveness, and wiry strength, which makes for a devastating package.

Shooting: Doesn't really have a traditional jumpshot, but relies heavily on his ability to score off penetration.

Ball-handling: Clarke is one of the better handlers from the wing position you will find.

Passing: He has excellent vision in the open court, and a willingness to give up the ball.

Defense: Clarke has a motor, and will make his opponent work for everything he gets on the offensive end of the court.

Rebounding: Pound for pound, inch for inch, he's an excellent rebounder.

Intangibles: The motor and energy level is almost always there with Chris Clarke. He makes winning plays, and momentum changing plays with his big time athleticism.

Reaction Score
I like him BC looks like he can be a big time defender. Super athletic.

Reaction Score
Jump shot has been a weakness but that's said to be improving, the good thing is that's his only weakness. Kid is super athletic, really good defender, gets to the rim whenever he wants, good passer, and best of all has a non-stop motor. Not many players have a non-stop motor and when that's combined with great athleticism and skill, well you have yourself the makings of a special player. Sign him up.

Reaction Score
High energy wing no doubt like his game a lot. What he gives up size he makes up for on motor and athleticism………probably lucky to be 6'5 but nonetheless an elite talent. Handle and pass too as well as probably a defensive nightmare for the opponent……..snap him up!

Reaction Score
Chris Clarke, the warrior: There aren’t many players in the 2015 class that play as hard as Boo Williams 6-foot-6 wing Chris Clarke. The hard-playing wing doesn’t have the prettiest offensive game, but he’ll defend his tail off, make a ton of hustle plays and hit the glass hard.

Clarke was an absolute terror in a morning pool play win over Spiece and he was simply everywhere on the floor. The four-star prospect registered 22 points on 8-for-11 shooting (2-for-2 3PT), nine rebounds and seven assists. It isn’t just filling up the box score that is impressive about Clarke, it is the intensity at which he plays. His level of play elevates teammates and he’s a big reason why Boo Williams is still alive entering Sunday’s final four at Peach Jam.

UConn offered Clarke on Saturday and it will be interesting to see if other blueblood programs inquire about Clarke in the coming weeks.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...rabb-zimmerman-go-big-chris-clarke-goes-hard/

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Chris Clarke, the warrior: There aren’t many players in the 2015 class that play as hard as Boo Williams 6-foot-6 wing Chris Clarke. The hard-playing wing doesn’t have the prettiest offensive game, but he’ll defend his tail off, make a ton of hustle plays and hit the glass hard.

Clarke was an absolute terror in a morning pool play win over Spiece and he was simply everywhere on the floor. The four-star prospect registered 22 points on 8-for-11 shooting (2-for-2 3PT), nine rebounds and seven assists. It isn’t just filling up the box score that is impressive about Clarke, it is the intensity at which he plays. His level of play elevates teammates and he’s a big reason why Boo Williams is still alive entering Sunday’s final four at Peach Jam.

UConn offered Clarke on Saturday and it will be interesting to see if other blueblood programs inquire about Clarke in the coming weeks.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...rabb-zimmerman-go-big-chris-clarke-goes-hard/

This guy sounds a little like a Jeff Adrien wing.

And look, he's grown an inch since you started this thread!

I also like that we are on this type of kid early. Means we still have that knack for spotting talent not caught by the recruiting 'experts'.

Reaction Score
Are we going after him like a top target, or is he our plan B if we lose ground on Jones? Personally I love how well Jones has played this summer, and i still want him more. This kid is a heck of a player though, and I'm sure I'd be quite content if he committed before Jones.

Reaction Score
I watched the second half. He didn't do too much. He had a couple aggressive drives, one he got fouled on and knocked down both free throws, and the other one he converted at the rim. His team fell behind so they started jacking up a lot of jump shots, which doesn't seem to be his game, so he didn't get many touches on the offensive end. It's too bad they didn't get him the ball more in the second half and slash to the rim because the officials were calling a lot of contact fouls.

He did seem to work hard on D, but I did not get enough of a read on his game to assess how good he actually can be.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I watched the second half. He didn't do too much. He had a couple aggressive drives, one he got fouled on and knocked down both free throws, and the other one he converted at the rim. His team fell behind so they started jacking up a lot of jump shots, which doesn't seem to be his game, so he didn't get many touches on the offensive end. It's too bad they didn't get him the ball more in the second half and slash to the rim because the officials were calling a lot of contact fouls.

He did seem to work hard on D, but I did not get enough of a read on his game to assess how good he actually can be.

Worked hard...but was he effective on the defensive end? A kid who plays good D in high school usually translates really well into the college game. Doesn't have to be taught.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
6 crystal ball picks now.

Wondering if we have lost a little faith in landing Jones.. Potentially over him being concerned about his minutes freshman year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom