New Bracketology | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that Nebraska has won the Big Ten title are they a 3 seed or 4 seed?

A 3 means the one will only have to play them in Lincoln should both advance to the Final 8. It looked like they were a 4-5 most of the year which would have meant a road game for the one in the Sweet 16 and a matchup with a tough 2-3 seed.

Reaction Score
Again, it boils down to who has Louisville beat, not who have they lost to. Their best wins are Rutgers, LSU, South Florida, Florida State, and Oklahoma. They even had to go to overtime to beat FSU, and OU. Yes, they return all their players from last year's squad, but this is 2014, not 2013. If they get a #1 seed without beating UCONN, they would probably be the least deserving #1 seed in the history of the world... or at least in the past 1,000 years.
It's an eye test, and UL wins over everyone but ND (and UConn). This is the same team that played for the national championship last year, has only 1 loss to anyone not named UConn). Enough of this statistical BS.

Reaction Score
Last years results have ZERO to do with this year. Do you think the committe discusses last year when deciding seeds? If they do they should be removed from the committee.
They do matter when you have the SAME players, but in a different league.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
They do matter when you have the SAME players, but in a different league.

It's about this year's performance. No consideration is given based on last year's performance.

Louisville barely beat a team today that may not even make the tourney and they have NO top 20 wins.

Champions of MAJOR conferences get more consideration.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It's about this year's performance. No consideration is given based on last year's performance.

Louisville barely beat a team today that may not even make the tourney and they have NO top 20 wins.

Champions of MAJOR conferences get more consideration.

Oooh. I'm sensing some bitterness. Still not over last year I see. Maybe Baylor will have better luck playing Louisville in the tournament this year.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Oooh. I'm sensing some bitterness. Still not over last year I see. Maybe Baylor will have better luck playing Louisville in the tournament this year.

Bitter? Me? Over what?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In their attempt to keep everyone in their closest destination, their would be less traveling for all, and many interesting matchups. Duke as a 2 in Lincoln with UConn, West Virginia as a 2 at Notre Dame, old Big East rivals. Baylor and Stanford, Tennessee and Louisville, the NCAA could only dream of those matchups in the Elite 8. Getting those matchups would be great for Women's Basketball.

I disagree.. If Duke was a 2 seed and met Uconn in the elite 8, that wouldn't be great for Wcbb, it wouldn't be great for anyone. :(

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I disagree.. If Duke was a 2 seed and met Uconn in the elite 8, that wouldn't be great for Wcbb, it wouldn't be great for anyone. :(

Yeah, as depleted as Duke is it could be far from great. We may get a preview tonight of how un-great it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom