New Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
USC losing their 1 seed today unless some of the other top teams lose this weekend. UT moves to a 1 seed if they win the SEC tourney.

Baylor probably ends up in Lincoln if we get to the final and play WVU, even if we lose. I think both are 2 seeds if they get to the Big12 championship game.

I wouldn't mind ending up in the Stanford region. That could be gun if we get to see Chiney and Sims on the court together.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Seems like South Carolina cant handle prosperity. :oops:

Reaction Score
Again, it boils down to who has Louisville beat, not who have they lost to. Their best wins are Rutgers, LSU, South Florida, Florida State, and Oklahoma. They even had to go to overtime to beat FSU, and OU. Yes, they return all their players from last year's squad, but this is 2014, not 2013. If they get a #1 seed without beating UCONN, they would probably be the least deserving #1 seed in the history of the world... or at least in the past 1,000 years.
Is this a veiled suggestion that Duke should be the 4th No. 1 if they win ACC? haha

Reaction Score
Again, it boils down to who has Louisville beat, not who have they lost to. Their best wins are Rutgers, LSU, South Florida, Florida State, and Oklahoma. They even had to go to overtime to beat FSU, and OU. Yes, they return all their players from last year's squad, but this is 2014, not 2013. If they get a #1 seed without beating UCONN, they would probably be the least deserving #1 seed in the history of the world... or at least in the past 1,000 years.

Ok who SHOULD be the #1 seed?

And what happened last year when Tennessee and Louisville met?

You argue that what happened last year doesn't matter. That is simply not true in regards to women's basketball. All you have in women's basketball is your reputation and what have you done lately. That's the only way to tell the pretenders from the contenders. And in women's basketball the pretenders outnumber the contenders.

The Louisville program has proven itself in recent years on 2 separate occasions with 2 separate teams, making 2 National Title games. I am supposed to scrutinize them and give the benefit of the doubt to a bunch of players who have fallen flat on their faces more often than not?

The same people who gave the benefit of doubt to Tennessee versus Louisville will be the same ones who told us South Carolina deserved it. Thankfully South Carolina got exposed before that travesty would have taken place. South Carolina can't even shoot. Advantage Louisville via an eye test. I guess Tennessee is the last ship to hang onto for the fans who want UConn sent to Louisville.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is this a veiled suggestion that Duke should be the 4th No. 1 if they win ACC? haha

Not at all. But..... if we win the ACC.... if both Baylor and WVU both lose today., and TN loses this afternoon.... and Louisville goes down this weekend.... and cats and dogs started living together, and if Beyonce divorces Jay-Z for me... a ...... ah... ... let me stop :cool: No, I dont see Duke getting a #1 seed even if they beat both the Tarheels and the Irish.

Reaction Score
Louisville and Baylor will be No 1&2 seed in the same region and it does not matter who is the no. 1.......

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Last years results have ZERO to do with this year. Do you think the committe discusses last year when deciding seeds? If they do they should be removed from the committee.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Louisville and Baylor will be No 1&2 seed in the same region and it does not matter who is the no. 1..

That would be fun! Shoni vs Sims would be fun to watch. However, if Baylor wins the Big 12 tourney they will be sent to Lincoln.

Reaction Score
All I know is that the anti Louisville 1 seed brigade is gonna be in big trouble if Tennessee loses the SEC today or tomorrow.

Than I guess they can run like rats to WVU or Baylor.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So ...
TN and Louisville have two common opponents:
KY - Louisville lost at KY 69-65 TN lost at home 75 -71
LSU - Louisville won 88-67 at home, TN lost at home 80-77 and won on the road 72-67 and in the tournament 77-65

Louisville has two other losses - to #1 Uconn
TN has 3 other losses - to unranked Vanderbilt at home, at Stanford, and to ND at home.
They have one top ten win at home against SC which just started to look a lot less impressive.

If Louisville doesn't float you boat, WVU and Baylor both stack up better than TN as the fourth #1 if either makes their tournament final.

RPI is fine when looking at 7 seeds - when you are talking about #1 seeds you are looking at who they lost to.

Reaction Score
I would like to see TN #1 going to the Louisville region. This would make the most sense geographically and Uconn could go to Lincoln, Nebraska. If Stanford is not a #1, which #1 would they move to the west region?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Now that Stanford lost to USC, does Stanford still have a #1 seed? I think not.

SO now we have two #1 seeds open for discussion. Uconn and ND are in as #1's barring any upsets which I think is unlikely. If Tennessee wins their tournament, do they go west? If Baylor wins out, do they go to Lincoln or Louisville? Or does Stanford's loss help Louisville's position for a #1 seed?

I still believe Uconn should go to Lincoln. But what do I know and who knows what the selection committee will do.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The NCAA has decided they will hold a tournament to determine the final two #1 seeds. The finalists will join UCONN and ND in Nashville at the FF.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor to Stanford
UCONN to Louisville
UT to Lincoln with SCar the 2 seed
ND at home with Duke as the 2 seed

Edited to add Duke. Their run to the ACC championship game warrants at least a 2 seed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baylor to Stanford
UCONN to Louisville
UT to Lincoln with WVU the 2 seed
ND at home with SCar as the 2 seed
UConn to Lincoln, Tennessee to Louisville, Baylor to Stanford, Notre Dame at home.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UConn to Lincoln, Tennessee to Louisville, Baylor to Stanford, Notre Dame at home.

That is also very feasible. I think the Stanford loss moved Baylor from Lincoln to Stanford and opens the door for UCONN going to Lincoln and Tennessee going to Louisville.

I changed my mind:
Baylor to Stanford
UCONN to Lincoln with SCar
UT to Louisville
ND at home with Duke.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That is also very feasible
In their attempt to keep everyone in their closest destination, their would be less traveling for all, and many interesting matchups. Duke as a 2 in Lincoln with UConn, West Virginia as a 2 at Notre Dame, old Big East rivals. Baylor and Stanford, Tennessee and Louisville, the NCAA could only dream of those matchups in the Elite 8. Getting those matchups would be great for Women's Basketball.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
In their attempt to keep everyone in their closest destination, their would be less traveling for all, and many interesting matchups. Duke as a 2 in Lincoln with UConn, West Virginia as a 2 at Notre Dame, old Big East rivals. Baylor and Stanford, Tennessee and Louisville, the NCAA could only dream of those matchups in the Elite 8. Getting those matchups would be great for Women's Basketball.

Does WVU get the nod over SCar? I moved WVU out of a 2 seed in lieu of SCar.

Reaction Score
Does WVU get the nod over SCar? I moved WVU out of a 2 seed in lieu of SCar.
Just my opinion, but South Carolina losing like they have recently, and West Virginia winning at Baylor, and in the championship game should get a 2.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Just my opinion, but South Carolina losing like they have recently, and West Virginia winning at Baylor, and in the championship game should get a 2.

Good point. If Baylor and WVU reach the Big 12 final, the winner should get a 1 seed and the runner-up the 2.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If they are gonna give Stanford a 1 seed can they at least give them a tough bracket this time?

That won't happen. A bunch of west coast teams will be put in their region. If Stanford still gets a 1 seed and Baylor wins the Big 12 tourney, Baylor will be the 1 in Lincoln.

Reaction Score
I will be completely stunned if UCONN ends up in the L'ville bracket. That would mean that the selection committee is filled with even more idiots than any of us could have possibly imagined. Honestly, and I mean no offense to L'vlle, but UCONN would beat them by over 20 even if they played 10 games this season. That would actually be a really easy bracket for UCONN. But it's a joke if they set it up that way...
Well, I decided they are all idiots a long time ago. One only has to look at the desperation they had in configuring this years sites in the first place. Wccb is intent on trying to force fans into being interested, instead of just promoting the real good teams and telling the story of "WHY " certain programs are ALWAYS better. Like, support from the university, better coaching, etc. Any true basketball fan should be able to see right through the BS. Wccb obviously recognizes their own flawed design , since it is done after this one season. What were they thinking of in the first place ?

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
The big problem with Creme's "updated" brackets is that he does them "on the fly" and. not having the time required to start from scratch with the 64 team field as the Committee will do, he just cuts and pastes his previous version in the interest of timeliness. Today's games are likely to either sort things out or make them even more unsettled. Then the Committee will decide who they want where for whatever reason, then use whichever of the contradictory Committee policies and team performance factors their number crunchers can come up with to justify their decisions. Happens every year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom