New Bracketology | The Boneyard

New Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This bracket stacks up our and ND's brackets to make em "earn the FF" (tho both will likely have no problems) and let the ogumwike and sims gain some more tv time before the draft and their inevitable loss to UCONN. It would work in ESPNs favor. They can drag on a few storylines even tho the only real one is UConn v ND. Dawn Staley's work down in SC is also worth noting but where the program stands now, still not Husky caliber. That, and Aja's choice.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So USF is out but Rutgers is in based on what? The Knights' win over GA? I know it takes Charlie a while to catch up on what's happening, but this still looks like something partly put together a few days ago. And despite the MAACT tourney seed, Marist has the better stats than Iona by a long shot. If you're going to point to RPI for your excuse for bad seeds, at least be consistent.

And #9 LSU and #10 Vanderbilt that have lost 8 of the last 10 (9 of 11 for Vandy)? Wow. And two AAC and two ACC teams among the top four teams at Louisville. More wow.

Last edited:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Among the high mid-majors for the biggest bang for the buck in picking, Gonzaga is of course always the best choice, Green Bay and Dayton often get a win or even 2 for GB, but MTSU has been a disappointment with no wins since 2007. A long way back James Madison was a spoiler, but it hasn't won a game since 1991.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
This bracket stacks up our and ND's brackets to make em "earn the FF" (tho both will likely have no problems) and let the ogumwike and sims gain some more tv time before the draft and their inevitable loss to UCONN. It would work in ESPNs favor. They can drag on a few storylines even tho the only real one is UConn v ND. Dawn Staley's work down in SC is also worth noting but where the program stands now, still not Husky caliber. That, and Aja's choice.
I don't like that UConn and Louisville are in the same region (as are ND and UNC). Louisville is clearly the second best team in the AAC, so they should be in a different regional than UConn. I hate that UConn could eliminate the only other AAC member likely to get a tournament berth. And UNC, while raw, has the highest upside of any ACC team not named Notre Dame, so they should be put in a different regional (maybe with Louisville if the Cardinals get a 1-seed?). UNC is a great story (in that it's interesting, not heartwarming), so the committee should put them somewhere where they can play a top team from another conference to advance to the FF.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Uconn has three teams they played and beat as their 2, 3 and 4 seeds in Louisville, Duke and Maryland.

ND also has three teams they played and beat in Tennessee, UNC and Penn State.

Borrrrrriiiinnnnnngggggg.

I hope the NCAA mixes it up.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That's a relatively tough UConn bracket, especially on Louisville's home court.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
So USF is out but Rutgers is in based on what? The Knights' win over GA? I know it takes Charlie a while to catch up on what's happening, but this still looks like something partly put together a few days ago. And despite the MAACT tourney seed, Marist has the better stats than Iona by a long shot. If you're going to point to RPI for your excuse for bad seeds, at least be consistent.

And #9 LSU and #10 Vanderbilt that have lost 8 of the last 10 (9 of 11 for Vandy)? Wow. And two AAC and two ACC teams among the top four teams at Louisville. More wow.
USF hasn't beaten any top 50 teams in Sagarin except for that recent win against Rutgers, so they are now 1-8 against the top 50 (and 0-6 vs. the top 25). That's not going to get you an NCAA tournament bid.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
USF hasn't beaten any top 50 teams in Sagarin except for that recent win against Rutgers, so they are now 1-8 against the top 50 (and 0-6 vs. the top 25). That's not going to get you an NCAA tournament bid.
I will be completely stunned if UCONN ends up in the L'ville bracket. That would mean that the selection committee is filled with even more idiots than any of us could have possibly imagined. Honestly, and I mean no offense to L'vlle, but UCONN would beat them by over 20 even if they played 10 games this season. That would actually be a really easy bracket for UCONN. But it's a joke if they set it up that way...

Reaction Score

0-7 against RPI top 50.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
DePaul is 0-2 vs the Sags Top 50 and they're cited as a #7. A 13-5 conference record in the 6th rated conference, #36 in Sagarin (better than Rutgers), and 8-2 in the Last 10, so they're not stumbling to the finish like some other picks that have collapsed at the end of the season.

We can all pick our stats to harp on, and I agree that USF's RPI will not excite anyone, and also the Sags Top 50, though they at least don't have any #300+ losses.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
0-7 against RPI top 50.
Wow the RPI. I'm impressed.

For all the RPI worshippers out ther, here's an RPI bracketology that has UConn in an interesting seed. Obviously clueless, but it's possible to go that way with RPI stats I guess.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Four teams kind of started the season with 13-0 OOC records, though ND technically picked up the 13th win against UTenn a little into conference play. UConn and ND are the only two in the brackets. Indiana and Arkansas ended up with double digit losses in conference play. Iowa State started off 11-0 but at least went 9-9 in the B12 and will make the tourney even if it suffers a first round loss in the B12T. They at least beat Iowa in OOC.

Mixed results for the perfectos.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Wow the RPI. I'm impressed.

For all the RPI worshippers out ther, here's an RPI bracketology that has UConn in an interesting seed. Obviously clueless, but it's possible to go that way with RPI stats I guess.
Dobbs, that is obviously some sort of programming glitch, because by their very own RPI rankings, they have UConn second overall (LINK).

Reaction Score
Stanford sure has an easy bracket.

Not sure about that. WV is very good and KY seems to have gotten its act together -- they are currently controlling 1st half over SC.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I really do hope that the committee just ignores geography with their three central midwest regions (except maybe for teams within 100 -150 miles of one location and not another.) The issue with the sites they selected is that for 50% of the field Louisville will be the closest and for another 20+% South Bend will be the closest. That means that 70+% of the top two seeds on each line of the tournament will end up at one or the other these location and the two other locations will get the weaker teams on each line. Add in the fact that on a geographic basis the strongest one and two seeds will be at Louisville or South Bend and you have a completely unbalanced set of brackets. That has always been true for the Western region now it will be true for two out of the four regions.

Reaction Score
Well, as I said. there no need to pay attention to C.C.'s bracketology as it will just change every week. It looks like S Carolina is coming down so goes his bracket again.....What is the point if he cannot get the top four seeds right, much less the other 60!

Reaction Score
Can someone find me the rule that states the toughest 1, 2, 3, and 4 all go to the same region based on geography? Can anyone find any examples of this ever happening?

If you can I'd love to know.

I know some are sensitive when you dare call out Charlie Creme so that's why I'm asking.

Reaction Score
Did I hear Picozzi right during Rutgers-SMU, if South Carolina loses today, and Tennessee wins the SEC Tournament, Creme said Tennessee would get the 1 seed over Louisville?

Ummm, ok.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well if TN gets a #1 seed.... then they are likely to go to Louisville.. right ? right ?

Reaction Score
Well if TN gets a #1 seed.... then they are likely to go to Louisville.. right ? right ?

It seems in Charlie's world, UConn has to go to Louisville. No if's and's or but's about it.

I am hoping the committee will be more sensible.

Tennessee has losses to Stanford, blowout at home to Notre Dame, LSU at home, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky at home and numerous close games against un ranked competition.

Louisville likely 3 losses to the #1 team and a close road loss at in state rival Kentucky.

Of course what Charlie seems to ignore is that Louisville's players have proven themselves. USC and Tennessee both question marks. Odd that Louisville gets treated like the unproven commodity in this.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It seems in Charlie's world, UConn has to go to Louisville. No if's and's or but's about it.

I am hoping the committee will be more sensible.

Tennessee has losses to Stanford, blowout at home to Notre Dame, LSU at home, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky at home and numerous close games against un ranked competition.

Louisville likely 3 losses to the #1 team and a close road loss at in state rival Kentucky.

Of course what Charlie seems to ignore is that Louisville's players have proven themselves. USC and Tennessee both question marks. Odd that Louisville gets treated like the unproven commodity in this.

Again, it boils down to who has Louisville beat, not who have they lost to. Their best wins are Rutgers, LSU, South Florida, Florida State, and Oklahoma. They even had to go to overtime to beat FSU, and OU. Yes, they return all their players from last year's squad, but this is 2014, not 2013. If they get a #1 seed without beating UCONN, they would probably be the least deserving #1 seed in the history of the world... or at least in the past 1,000 years.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Again, it boils down to who has Louisville beat, not who have they lost to. Their best wins are Rutgers, LSU, South Florida, Florida State, and Oklahoma. They even had to go to overtime to beat FSU, and OU. Yes, they return all their players from last year's squad, but this is 2014, not 2013. If they get a #1 seed without beating UCONN, they would probably be the least deserving #1 seed in the history of the world... or at least in the past 1,000 years.

Agreed! I don't understand all this Louisville talk. They haven't earned a number 1 seed. ONLY if they beat UCONN should they get a 1 seed. But instead, UCONN will beat them by 20+ again and get a 2 seed, which d ain't that bad considering they get to host.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Heck.... give Baylor or WVU the #1 seed if TN loses this weekend. The Lesser Carolina sure didnt want it.

Agreed! I don't understand all this Louisville talk. They haven't earned a number 1 seed. ONLY if they beat UCONN should they get a 1 seed. But instead, UCONN will beat them by 20+ again and get a 2 seed, which d ain't that bad considering they get to host.

Well.... perhaps UCONN should throw the game... then they can go to Lincoln. ;) Not that it really matters at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom