ND bowl destination to be decided by random drawing | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ND bowl destination to be decided by random drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Such jealousy. It's kind of fun reading your posts.
I know....OSU is so obviously more deserving than FSU and esp TCU who nearly joined the BE before it imploded. There will be major grumbling from the B1G brass if OSU isn't included. I'm impressed after BM went down how Barrett improved by the week after that flukish loss(no disrespect to VT who may be the only team I really respect in that conference). Just plug in the next guy....thats depth of talent!

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Even begging and pleading won't get a BIG team to the Title game.

It won't huh? Actually you're right- after OSU's statement win last night, no begging or pleading was needed for them to have a chance to play in the national title game.

Reaction Score
Well today they can use that money to see if they can find a Bowl Game for their players to go too. Maybe they should call the Murder Bowl committee today out there in the midwestern state of Michigan.

Thanks for the suugestion. I'm sure Maryland will give it the consideration it deserves. I have to agree that teams in the Big Ten or ACC with a 7-5 or 6-6 record don't necessarily deserve a bowl invite. Maryland had a chance to go 8-4 and instead, threw it away. If they don't get a bowl bid, so be it. I might be a little more upset if they lost a bowl bid slated for a conference member to a non-conference member.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
I thought this thread was going to be talking about the very un-random way Louisville was bumped out of the Music City Bowl vs LSU in favor of Our Lady of the Parasites...

Reaction Score
I thought this thread was going to be talking about the very un-random way Louisville was bumped out of the Music City Bowl vs LSU in favor of Our Lady of the Parasites...
Yes, after the hyperbole, in the end, no school in the ACC is crying in their cereal over ND today and the Bowls. It turned out to be nothing. Sort of like the Rolling Stone article of Rape at Virginia, and angst about crazy rumors of AAC schools Cincy, Memphis to the B12., TCU at# 3 a lock for the playoffs if they win Sat. Quite a week of wacky stories in the media and internet, huh ? Seems like a routine week in the Blogosphere actually.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That Rolling Stone thing sure was wacky and a perfect analogy to the college bowl schedule.

Wow.

Just wow.

Reaction Score
The Selection Committee probably got it right with the 4 schools they ultimately chose, imo. But they set themselves up for criticism when they put TCU at #3 earlier in the week. Had they not done that, they'd probably not be getting the flak that they are. But if the #3 team wins and wins big, its hard the next day to try and cobble together an explanation that makes any rational, reasonable sense at all in dropping the #3 TCU out of the playoff altogether among the 4.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
That Rolling Stone thing sure was wacky and a perfect analogy to the college bowl schedule. Wow. Just wow.

You'd think a person who roots for a school that is so closely tied to the Boston Archdiocese would be sensitive to stories of sexual assault....

Reaction Score

You got it all wrong. The word out of Louisville is that LSU was going to decline the Music City Bowl if Louisville was the opponent. LSU would have opted to play Texas in the Texas Bowl instead.

LSU told the bowl that if ND were the opponent, the Tigers would accept that bid. At least that is the word out of Louisville and matches what LSU's preferences were as mentioned down here in Baton Rouge.

Reaction Score
So we should be able to put to rest this thread title,culled from multiple national newspaper articles and other media outlets , that "random drawings " would determine the schools in the Bowls. And that an ACC or a BIG school that is bowl qualified would be locked out of going to a Bowl Game. Its just one more example that what we read in the newspapers these days is oftentimes no more credible ( oftentimes less so ) than the nonsense and silliness cooked up by someone with nothing more than an agenda, a computer, and an internet connection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman