ND bowl destination to be decided by random drawing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ND bowl destination to be decided by random drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ND, a school located in the midwest, " never had any interest " in joining a College Hockey League located in the Midwest, principally because it knew that no invite would ever be be forthcoming from that midwest based Hockey League. So the " spurning " I suppose can be said to be mutual in retrospect. But we are really splitting hairs on this , it seems to me... a semantic verbal gymnastic meet. What is most telling is that ND did not place their Hockey program in EITHER the midwest BIG league, NOR the midwest based WCHA Hockey League. Instead it eschewed the rust belt midwest, looked 1500 miles east, and joined up with a Hockey League made up entirely of East Coast Schools, all of whom are relatively close in location to one another. ND is the only Midwest based school that is in Hockey East. ND made the decision the way all these decisions are made by all these schools in realignment, ie.. which league affords our school the best opportunity moving into the future decades to get the best return of financial investment. These are the things that we fundamentally take away from ND's decision to accept the Hockey East's invite to them.

Reaction Score
ND gets no ACC bowl money except if ND goes to a minor ACC bowl. That money is then split with the rest of the ACC.

If ND is not in one of those ACC bowls, it gets no ACC bowl money (as it should not).

This is factually correct, from my understanding as well

Reaction Score
.. which league affords our school the best opportunity moving into the future decades to get the best return of financial investment. These are the things that we fundamentally take away from ND's decision to accept the Hockey East's invite to them.

You're trying to drive logic into this. We're talking about Notre Dame here... "Our lady" is in no way driven by logic, except when it suits her; then it appears logic-driven by pure happenstance.

Now, money suits her very well, so you may have a point there.

Reaction Score
This will not be random. ND get the Pinstripe Bowl. Louisville will get a Tier 1 as will Duke. Clemson gets the Russell Athletic Bowl leaving the last for either BC or NCST. Maybe they will flip a coin for those two.
Actually, according to reports, they'll be no " flip of the coin " by any school in the ACC as all are assured a Bowl Game berth that are Bowl Game eligible.

What IS being reported however is that at least 2, ..possibly 3 ..BIG Schools that are Bowl Game eligible are now being advised to esssentially go begging and pleading to make their case to the Bowl Committes in a desperate last minute PR campaign as to why they should not be left home and their players left out of a Bowl Game. It looks like at least 1 BIG team wished there was at least" a coin to flip". Its much easier and less time consuming to" flip a coin" than to mount a time consuming BIG begging campaign.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11979620/big-ten-bowl-eligible-team-miss-postseason

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well Wisconsin would have won anyway... but if things look bad it will turn for them.

Reaction Score
Yawkey sure is jealous of the B1G by his statements on this thread.

Haha!...... funny, silly you...So which BIG Bowl eligible team that will reportedly have to go begging and pleading to the Bowls, so as not to have their players stay home during the Bowl season, should I be " jealous of " ?

Reaction Score
What about an undefeated ACC Champion having to beg and plead to get into the CFP?

Reaction Score
All I know is Maryland wanted out of the ACC and into the B1G so bad that they willingly spent $30 million to do so.

Reaction Score
All I know is Maryland wanted out of the ACC and into the B1G so bad that they willingly spent $30 million to do so.
Well today they can use that money to see if they can find a Bowl Game for their players to go too. Maybe they should call the Murder Bowl committee today out there in the midwestern state of Michigan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What about an undefeated ACC Champion having to beg and plead to get into the CFP?
Even begging and pleading won't get a BIG team to the Title game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Didn't the Big give MD the $30million up front? So it actually didn't cost MD anything.

Reaction Score
Well today they can use that money to see if they can find a Bowl Game for their players to go too. Maybe they should call the Murder Bowl committee today out there in the midwestern state of Michigan.

That title could just as easily go to New Orleans.

Reaction Score
That title could just as easily go to New Orleans.
True, but in Louisiana, if Cassidy wins over Landreiu tommorrow, there is at least a smidgen of a chance of finding a future pulse. Not so, Detroit, Mich. That once vibrant city is now completely cadaverous, imo.

Reaction Score
The B1G gave Maryland $20 million as a one time "travel allowance". I think this was just a way for the B1G to cover the exit fee for Maryland which was $20 million at the time of the Maryland-B1G secret negotiations. The ACC then upped the exit fee and Maryland and the ACC took each other to court, but agreed on letting Maryland go for the amount of money that the ACC had withheld from Maryland, which was $30 million. So you could say that the B1G paid for $20 million of the exit fee under the one time "travel allowance" and Maryland took a $10 million hit. Small price to pay when they will be raking in $45+ million a year as a fully vested member of the B1G.

pj

Reaction Score
Wasn't the travel allowance an advance to be deducted from future payments?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think it is a safe assumption that the B1G will survive rather comfortably going forward. Just look at their network and their wallets. ND was looking for the deal they wanted and the ACC was the only conference willing to do it. Period.
Actually I believe the big 12 would have as well... and of course the Big East already did.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I caught Yakey in a lie he can't talk his way out of. Can't take anything he posts seriously now.
Wait, does that mean that you once did?

Reaction Score
The B1G gave Maryland $20 million as a one time "travel allowance". I think this was just a way for the B1G to cover the exit fee for Maryland which was $20 million at the time of the Maryland-B1G secret negotiations. The ACC then upped the exit fee and Maryland and the ACC took each other to court, but agreed on letting Maryland go for the amount of money that the ACC had withheld from Maryland, which was $30 million. So you could say that the B1G paid for $20 million of the exit fee under the one time "travel allowance" and Maryland took a $10 million hit. Small price to pay when they will be raking in $45+ million a year as a fully vested member of the B1G.

It was also later defined as an advance against B1G revenues so it wasn't a $20MM bonus. It
Wasn't the travel allowance an advance to be deducted from future payments?

Pretty sure it was. Thought I remember reading somewhere that they would receive the same amount as Rutgers over the initial 5 or 6 year buy in period just that they would receive it in different increments due to the $20MM advance

Reaction Score
True, but in Louisiana, if Cassidy wins over Landreiu tommorrow, there is at least a smidgen of a chance of finding a future pulse. Not so, Detroit, Mich. That once vibrant city is now completely cadaverous, imo.

I have lived in Louisiana for the last 31 years. My law firm has some of the top lobbyists in the state. I was General Counsel for a Federally recognized Indian tribe. I have met and dealt with Louisiana politicians for a couple of decades or more.

All that will happen is one group of corrupt Louisiana politicians will replace the outgoing crop of corrupt Louisiana politicians.

Reaction Score
Stop. Just stop.

I know this guy just needs to stop. His defintion of "spurned" is deceitful and imo just a way for him to save face. He simply could have said "I misspoke" because it isn't so important - but instead he keeps going with it. Who does he think he's fooling with the sill ananlogy he made and how he is defining the word "spurned." Looks like someone here needs to grow up a little.

Reaction Score
I have lived in Louisiana for the last 31 years. My law firm has some of the top lobbyists in the state. I was General Counsel for a Federally recognized Indian tribe. I have met and dealt with Louisiana politicians for a couple of decades or more.

All that will happen is one group of corrupt Louisiana politicians will replace the outgoing crop of corrupt Louisiana politicians.

That's true just about everywhere, sad to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom