NCAA WBB Tournament Selection Show - Mon. Mar. 14 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NCAA WBB Tournament Selection Show - Mon. Mar. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I really like that our Husky's are not shown sitting together in a room
and jumping up and down like jerks when the light goes on...
A good UConn tradition.

If memory serves the last time they did have a camera with the team (And that was a few years ago) they didn't jump up and down like jerks and were pretty reserved about the whole thing.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Initial thoughts::

Jennifer Azzi has to go up against her former coach at Standord.

Not sure why the committee wants rematches. Hasn't South Carolina already played Syracuse and ASU??

South Florida??? Really?? In UCONNs bracket??

ND has the toughest bracket IMO.

UCLA is a dangerous 3 seed!

Marlyand is a dangerous 2 seed!!

Can't wait for the games to start!!

Reaction Score
Seems to me that Baylor has the most dangerous path to the Final Four. They have surging Louisville and St. John's. Florida State is always tough, while Oregon State is the Pac-12 winner. Any of those could decide to play the game of the year against Baylor.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I"m bummed for USF. They have some very tough teams to get past. Yeah I know all the upper seeds are "worthy" but who are you more scared of - ASU or Maryland? I think Texas has improved a lot this year too, Oregon STate is a mystery - looked great at times, but didn't look great winning their tourney (2 point win over 5 seed Washington??)...

I agree ND has the toughest bracket followed closely by Baylor. Both are tricky. And Michigan State - what a jekyll/hyde team. Beat a very good tOSU team by almost 20, and then stomped by MD in the finals.

Reaction Score
Top-seeded UConn should steamroll through Bridgeport

Bracket_show.png

So, our next game is at 11:00 am on Saturday, March 19 against Robert Morris
on ESPN2 and WatchESPN.

This is the 10th consecutive year that UConn is a #1 seed. :D

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
WOW. SC is overall #2 ... but to Sioux Falls.

WOW. St Bonaventure makes it in.

Wow isn't exactly what I had to say. I respect you guys enough not to repeat what I had to say when I saw we were going to Nunavut as the 2nd number 1 seed.

Reaction Score
Wow isn't exactly what I had to say. I respect you guys enough not to repeat what I had to say when I saw we were going to Nunavut as the 2nd number 1 seed.

Ummm.... what is "the garnet and black"? Fill me in.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I knew there was no way the committee would not place Kentucky in the Lexington Regional. Makes no financial sense. South Carolina to Sioux Falls is not a surprise to me.

If South Carolina had gotten the Lexington Regional we would have had almost as many fans there as Kentucky. Sioux Falls? I am pricing airfare into MSP. I can't imagine flying from Columbia to SF.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Love our region - Texas got dropped down where they belonged as the worst 2, UCLA may be the best 3 but I prefer them to OSU. And MSU ... haven't played them in a while so I am good with that. UFS in our region ... meh - I really don't think they can win three games so doubt we see them - hope they win the first two and getting a six seed for them makes that a lot more likely. Rather have them as a six seed in our region rather than a seven seed anywhere else. And being in Bridgeport means they will have a home crowd if they make it to the sweet sixteen!

ND got a gift being placed in Lexington - no one expected that and KY is the reason whether it is stated or not. And they got screwed by being given the three most experienced 2-4 teams and I think the toughest #2 seed.

SC got shafted by being placed in Sioux Falls, and getting OSU as a three is interesting, but overall they have a pretty easy two seed I think and OSU is hot and cold. Syracuse really surprised me by beating Louisville so maybe they are better than expected - but shouldn't really cause a problem.

Baylor - well they get lost of chances for revenge - is the committee being cute - TAMU and Louisville in their regional is almost sadistic - and OrSt - do we get the TN/Stanford loss team or the UCLA dominating team? I suspect the former.

Reaction Score
SC and ND is 50-50, good luck to both :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Jennifer Azzi has to go up against her former coach at Stanford. I noticed and like that. Interesting.

Not sure why the committee wants rematches. Hasn't South Carolina already played Syracuse and ASU?? I dislike rematches so early.

South Florida??? Really?? In UCONNs bracket?? WTH! I totally agree.

ND has the toughest bracket IMO. It is tough, but I expect them to advance.

UCLA is a dangerous 3 seed! Maybe. I think they would struggle with USF on a neutral floor.

Marlyand is a dangerous 2 seed!! Yeah, they shoot the ball very well and have learned to defend.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Jennifer Azzi has to go up against her former coach at Standord.

Not sure why the committee wants rematches. Hasn't South Carolina already played Syracuse and ASU??

South Florida??? Really?? In UCONNs bracket??

ND has the toughest bracket IMO.

UCLA is a dangerous 3 seed!

Marlyand is a dangerous 2 seed!!

USC has played Arizona State and Ohio State; we knocked Syracuse out of the tourney last year by 29.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If South Carolina had gotten the Lexington Regional we would have had almost as many fans there as Kentucky. Sioux Falls? I am pricing airfare into MSP. I can't imagine flying from Columbia to SF.
I think you guys got screwed on the location, but got the easiest draw.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
We already beat the Buckeyes once this season; same with Arizona State.

Well you beat OSU by 8 at your place so that may be an interesting rematch if it comes to pass. And ASU by only 2 on a neutral Court but ASU has dropped off.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think you guys got screwed on the location, but got the easiest draw.

Our fans got screwed; our MBB team got screwed by the NCAA yesterday and our fans by the NCAA today. Nonetheless, I'm finding a way to Sioux Falls.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Our fans got screwed; our MBB team got screwed by the NCAA yesterday and our fans by the NCAA today. Nonetheless, I'm finding a way to Sioux Falls.
Have fun! Take some extra time and see the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore.

UConn has gotten screwed by the power conferences repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom