Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas post-game presser begins at around the 34 minute mark

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Pac 12 should just stop playing MBB. Use those resources on something like lacrosse or field hockey

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The Pac 12 should just stop playing MBB. Use those resources on something like lacrosse or field hockey
Wasn't it just a year ago they had 3 in the Elite 8 and 1 in the Final 4?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wasn't it just a year ago they had 3 in the Elite 8 and 1 in the Final 4?

Yeah, but last night Arizona eliminated any chance of a winning bracket, and UCLA let me down big time today so... :mad:

Hard to believe its been 25 years since a Pac 12 champion in MBB.... twice in 45 years :confused:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Watched the endings to each game tonight....it baffles me how badly many of these teams botch foul situations down the stretch. Like UNC for example, they had SC on the ropes and were down 6 with 50 seconds to go and let SC run 28 seconds off the clock before Boston grabbed an offensive rebound. At that point the game is done. Try for a trap or steal and foul within the first 10 seconds. Being down by 6 with 20 seconds to go is more of a death sentence than being down 8 with 40 seconds to go. Per your scouting report, players should all know SC isn't a good free throw shooting team (67%) and no one shoots foul shots well besides Boston. That's a major flub by Banghart.

On the flip side, in Iowa State vs. Creighton, Iowa State closed the lead to 3 with 39 seconds left. IMO, you don't need to foul here since it's a single possession game. Get a stop, get the ball back with 10-15 seconds left and a shot to tie it. It's defensible since the player they fouled (Rembao) just missed a FT and is their worst FT shooter, but if I'm the coach I say play straight up, especially since Creighton's offense had gone stagnant in the last 5 min.

I don't think I saw this tonight, but I've also seen several instances where teams could decide to foul or not, and then play defense for 20 seconds and foul with about 10-15 seconds left on the clock. That's worst case scenario IMO...you can't let them drain the clock and give them an opportunity to score. If you need to foul, foul early.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yeah, but last night Arizona eliminated any chance of a winning bracket, and UCLA let me down big time today so... :mad:

Hard to believe its been 25 years since a Pac 12 champion in MBB.... twice in 45 years :confused:
Side note--very realistic possibility that Duke/UNC meet in the NCAA tournament for the first time ever. Plus in Coach K's final year, no less. Crazy!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Side note--very realistic possibility that Duke/UNC meet in the NCAA tournament for the first time ever. Plus in Coach K's final year, no less. Crazy!

Arkansas tonight will be the toughest test of the year.... they are playing great right now. But if Duke advances, and that other team advances... That would be bad.... very very bad.

Reaction Score
Watched the endings to each game tonight....it baffles me how badly many of these teams botch foul situations down the stretch. Like UNC for example, they had SC on the ropes and were down 6 with 50 seconds to go and let SC run 28 seconds off the clock before Boston grabbed an offensive rebound. At that point the game is done. Try for a trap or steal and foul within the first 10 seconds. Being down by 6 with 20 seconds to go is more of a death sentence than being down 8 with 40 seconds to go. Per your scouting report, players should all know SC isn't a good free throw shooting team (67%) and no one shoots foul shots well besides Boston. That's a major flub by Banghart.

On the flip side, in Iowa State vs. Creighton, Iowa State closed the lead to 3 with 39 seconds left. IMO, you don't need to foul here since it's a single possession game. Get a stop, get the ball back with 10-15 seconds left and a shot to tie it. It's defensible since the player they fouled (Rembao) just missed a FT and is their worst FT shooter, but if I'm the coach I say play straight up, especially since Creighton's offense had gone stagnant in the last 5 min.

I don't think I saw this tonight, but I've also seen several instances where teams could decide to foul or not, and then play defense for 20 seconds and foul with about 10-15 seconds left on the clock. That's worst case scenario IMO...you can't let them drain the clock and give them an opportunity to score. If you need to foul, foul early.

The UNC foul strategy was not good.

(On the ropes up 6 with 50 seconds left and the ball is the best kind of on the ropes)

UNC will contend for championships pretty soon, I think.

Look forward to adding them to the schedule soon.

Reaction Score

big 10 has not won a title since 2000 yet this conference is viewed as "so great" and "unstoppable" sending 9 teams and most of them that didn't belong, 0 elite 8 teams, maybe dinosaur ball as I like to refer when I watch a big 10 basketball should stay in the 1940s. :)

Reaction Score
1648315806877.png

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Congrats to NC State and Wes Moore. It sure looked like for the second consecutive season they'd lose to a lower-seeded team in the round of 16. Perez with the steal of a lifetime for her and her teammates.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Players get away with it all the time...but that was Exhibit A on why as a ball handler you should never turn your back on a defender.

Reaction Score
The fact Mabrey gave up the steak… couldn’t happen to a better person

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ND will be top dog in the ACC for the next few years... but man...... I feel so good for State right now.

The fact Mabrey gave up the steak… couldn’t happen to a better person

Never heard of that phrase before... now I know what's for lunch :p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If I heard correctly, that last quarter was 20-10 in favour of NC State. They found a way to get the stops they needed. Unbelievable heart. Crutchfield was unreal.

And that's why they call her Clutchfield :) She's been that way for a few years. I remember seeing her a few years ago and thinking... they need to find a way to get her more minutes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
WOW! That hurts for ND fans. Congrats to NC State. Perez was HUGE in the last 20 seconds of the game.

This was made last year after Perez hit the game winner in the ACC championship game.... I'm sure they will be playing this again on Monday afternoon.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
ND will be top dog in the ACC for the next few years... but man...... I feel so good for State right now.

Not sure about that ... they have some nice young players but losing 4 seniors and only one recruit - maybe a trip to the portal is in order. NC State will certainly fall back, but their are other good teams in the ACC including a current #1 seed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Damn autocorrect and I’m gonna leave it there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member