NCAA Second Round (Sunday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
WOW!!!!!

Michigan State got robbed!!!!!

They should have got the ball with 3.8 seconds left.....

Unbelievable.
I usually say nothing about the refs, but in the last quarter of this game there seemed to be a foul called every 20 seconds.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Very true. I'm surprised Michigan State didn't do whatever it had to do to free up its facility. Last year ASU's venue was previously booked for a gymnastics meet during the first 2 rounds, but as soon as it became apparent that ASU would likely land a top-4 seed, they quickly begged off gymnastics hosting duty so that they could host. Home court advantage is just a huge deal in basketball.
As I recall it wasn't just any gymnastics event either but the NCAA event.

Reaction Score
What Vic Shaefer has done at Miss St is remarkable.
Before he was there, they only had a few good years when Latoya Thomas was there. Now, in his 4th year they are in the sweet 16. And they are young -- 1 senior who doesn't play a lot.

Reaction Score
As they say in New York..."Forget about it" That poster has stepped back into the shadows, and has gone dark, as he tries to repair his credibility. :cool:

Biggest upset of the tournament so far. Real surprise.

Reaction Score
My gosh the MSUs game was exciting. Over 7000 fans there in Starkville. Vic Shafer is a great coach. And the other coach is a good one too. Thanks teams for an exciting game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I cannot believe people who claim to know basketball would seed South Carolina, Notre Dame, and Baylor in the order they did.

Just watch the teams. Which ones pass the eye test? By my eyes Baylor is certainly a better team than South Carolina. And we are playing them in the semis? Ok.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I cannot believe people who claim to know basketball would seed South Carolina, Notre Dame, and Baylor in the order they did.

Just watch the teams. Which ones pass the eye test? By my eyes Baylor is certainly a better team than South Carolina. And we are playing them in the semis? Ok.

Baylor played a soft nonconference schedule and suffered a loss to a team not named UConn. That makes its resume weaker than South Carolina's.

Reaction Score
Baylor played a soft nonconference schedule and suffered a loss to a team not named UConn. That makes its resume weaker than South Carolina's.

That's what the numbers say. But what do the eyes say?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

BUT THE EYE TEST.... MY EYES ARE NEVER WRONG! :cool:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Baylor looks good.

I just wonder how KM is gonna keep all those post players happy with next years #1 recruit coming in?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The way SC celebrated the end of the 1st half you'd think they won the National Championship.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The way SC celebrated the end of the 1st half you'd think they won the National Championship.

We did, the national championship of buzzer beaters. This team makes a lot of them.

When you have UCONN out there beating tournament teams by 60 you have to celebrate the little things. :cool:

Reaction Score
People overstate the importance of the eye test. Tournament seeding is based on resume.

Well considering the 1 seeds in women's basketball are usually light years above the rest of the country, if you can't get that right not much else really matters. Baylor is the 2nd best team I've seen this year and I usually never think anyone is tougher for us than Notre Dame.

But we should always trust the numbers. Like the RPI that had UConn as the 3rd best team in the country.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well considering the 1 seeds in women's basketball are usually light years above the rest of the country, if you can't get that right not much else really matters. Baylor is the 2nd best team I've seen this year and I usually never think anyone is tougher for us than Notre Dame.

But we should always trust the numbers. Like the RPI that had UConn as the 3rd best team in the country.

RPI is not the resume. Resume is who you've played and who you've beaten. Baylor may very well be the second-best team in the country, but their resume doesn't reflect that.

It's kinda like how everyone was howling "eye test" to argue that Louisville just had to be a top-10 team. Well, even though they "looked" like a top-10 team, their resume just didn't back it up. And then they lose to Syracuse in the ACC semis and now to DePaul in the 2nd round on their home floor.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Looks like both Baylor and South Carolina will move on easily.

Baylor looked the best tonight.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Oregon State and Arizona State are struggling like the weak #2 seeds I figured them to be.

Reaction Score
Oregon State and Arizona State are struggling like the weak #2 seeds I figured them to be.

Pretty revealing that Tennessee's 2 high marks this year might come against those 2 teams. Tennessee may have been top 5 playing in the Pac 12 this year!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I don't wanna hear one Tennessee person complaining about officiating. That's the second continuation that the Vols have gotten.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Anyone else tired of hearing about Kelsey Mitchell scoring 45 points!!

She took 31 shots to get those 45 and 18 came from the free throw line!!!!

I guess I am just used to the UCONN players taking about half of that!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
This game is over.

I have seen ASU play multiple times and they cant make up 10 points in 4 minutes. Their offense is weak.

Tennessee will move on to face Ohio State.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Anyone else tired of hearing about Kelsey Mitchell scoring 45 points!!

She took 31 shots to get those 45 and 18 came from the free throw line!!!!

I guess I am just used to the UCONN players taking about half of that!
Watching that game in the fourth Q as the rest of the team stood around on offense and KM rained down bricks, I agree with you. She was pretty special in the 3rd Q, but the whole team became sort of stagnant and they couldn't get out of that pattern and struggled to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom