NCAA Second Round (Sunday) | The Boneyard

NCAA Second Round (Sunday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ohio State-West Virginia has been a very entertaining game. Ohio State survives despite minimal minutes from Ameryst Alston, still recovering from a wrist injury. 45 points from Kelsey Mitchell, but she went cold in the 4th quarter and the game wasn't decided until the final minute. Turnovers were WVU's undoing. West Virginia graduates the very talented Bria Holmes, but has a lot of promising youth coming back.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Sorry Plebe , we must have been creating our threads at the same time. Maybe a Mod can combine them?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for WV, they had no answer for Mitchell. Allow 31 shots for a quality shooter is going to hurt you. I think what hurt WV the most was sending Mitchell to the foul line 22 times.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Syracuse in the sweet 16 for the first time. That's a story.

Ohio State Over West Virginia.
Another bit of evidence you don't want to be in a close game and leave it to the refs. Kelsey Mitchell scored 45 points (Over half of Ohio State's points) to beat WV. She had a stellar game no doubt , but with 37 seconds in a 3 point game she drove to the basket pushing off and the defensive player was called for a block. Maybe it was a blocking foul but the way Mitchell as pushing off I think there is a debate for sure. It's 2 free throws (Which she made) and now it's a 5 point game. West Virginia was pretty much done at that point. As much excitement as it is for the sake of the game I really don't want UCONN winning by any less than 10 - Just in case a ref has a brain fart ;)

Also saw a West Virginia player in the 2nd half playing with one eye swollen nearly shut. I didn't see what caused this. If anybody can tell me I would appreciate it.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
DePaul started out the game down 7-0 to L"Ville. Bruno called a timeout and that got them on track. DePaul now ahead 23-18.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
DePaul is really fun to watch.
Saw them live when they played the Huskies back in December.
They have the ability to take anybody out of the tournament.
Very scary when they get hot.
And that January kid is special.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for WV, they had no answer for Mitchell. Allow 31 shots for a quality shooter is going to hurt you. I think what hurt WV the most was sending Mitchell to the foul line 22 times.

Mitchell had an amazing 3rd quarter but went cold in the 4th quarter, missing 9 shots before her wide-open layup that iced the game in the final minute. WV just couldn't contain her on the drive.

Plebe

Reaction Score
DePaul is really fun to watch.
Saw them live when they played the Huskies back in December.
They have the ability to take anybody out of the tournament.
Very scary when they get hot.
And that January kid is special.

This is the first time I've watched them this year other than some highlight clips. I really like Bruno's style. DePaul-ball, is what one commentator calls it. I will never forget how they went into Cameron two years ago and ran Duke clear off the court.

This game is a real battle. A major key is going to be if DePaul can stay out of foul trouble. Playing that aggressive D carries the risk of fouling. Podkowa has 3 fouls already.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The worst call I saw in that game was the jump ball when WV was down only three, the WV had the ball and an OSU guard graded her elbow two handed and basically swung her to the ground without ever touching the ball with the ref three feet away and not obstructed - called jump ball with OSU having the arrow.

I am glad OSU is through because I think with Alston with 6 days to practice they are a much better team, but as always refs are scary come tournament time - the Louisville, Depaul game is going to be decided by who is left on the court after all the fouls, and as always it is a lot of brush fouls called while a lot of physical play is ignored.

Huskie78

Reaction Score
Louisville on the comeback and then Jenkins and January with gigantic 3's!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The worst call I saw in that game was the jump ball when WV was down only three, the WV had the ball and an OSU guard graded her elbow two handed and basically swung her to the ground without ever touching the ball with the ref three feet away and not obstructed - called jump ball with OSU having the arrow.

I am glad OSU is through because I think with Alston with 6 days to practice they are a much better team, but as always refs are scary come tournament time - the Louisville, Depaul game is going to be decided by who is left on the court after all the fouls, and as always it is a lot of brush fouls called while a lot of physical play is ignored.

Yeah this business really amazes me. Players can kill eachother yet just breath on somebody during a layup and the whistle blows.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wish I could find the poster that said Louisville would win by 30!!!!

DePaul was my dark horse and I know the game isn't over but DePaul is a tough match when they are hitting shots.

Huskie78

Reaction Score
Podkowa with 4 fouls. Dang it!

Huskie78

Reaction Score

Horrible call!!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Boy those threes sure can overcome a lot of shortcomings for the Depaul team.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Louisville is 'very physical'......

Both their post players and guards. If you really watch them they are slapping and hacking. As long as they don't get caught they will keep on doing it.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Louisville is 'very physical'.

Both their post players and guards. If you really watch them they are slapping and hacking. As long as they don't get caught they will keep on doing it.

Oh yes they are. And call them for a foul and they really don't like it (More than the average player).
I don't have any sympathy for them if they are in foul trouble.
After all rough play was a huge factor in their monster Baylor win a few years ago.

Plebe

Reaction Score
DePaul 9 point lead. End 3Q

Podkowa went to the bench with her 4th foul, but DePaul is weathering the storm, answering each Louisville run with a run of their own. This is going to be one good fourth quarter.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Every DePaul guard likes to post up and its fun to watch

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Meanwhile Mississippi State and Michigan State in a battle

Reaction Score
These minimal contact fouls are ridiculous (DePaul / Louisville )

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Although I would love to see DePaul win this game, I think the Cardinals would have a better shot of knocking off Baylor than DePaul. Baylor's inside game is too strong.

Reaction Score
Wish I could find the poster that said Louisville would win by 30!!!!

DePaul was my dark horse and I know the game isn't over but DePaul is a tough match when they are hitting shots.
Maybe if you look for a cardinal avatar. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle