NCAA Second Round (Sunday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
A little over the top with that celebration for Hines Allen

Reaction Score
Is Mississppi St kidding me with this 2nd half performance?

I expected a team who made the SEC final playing on their home court to not fall apart like this.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Is Mississppi St kidding me with this 2nd half performance?

I expected a team who made the SEC final playing on their home court to not fall apart like this.

Really?? Its the SEC??

;);)

Reaction Score
The worst call I saw in that game was the jump ball when WV was down only three, the WV had the ball and an OSU guard graded her elbow two handed and basically swung her to the ground without ever touching the ball with the ref three feet away and not obstructed - called jump ball with OSU having the arrow.
Saw this play and completely agree with you.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
DePaul wins 73-72

The second round games are always some of the best :):):):)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
DePaul wins 73-72

The second round games are always some of the best :):):):)

WOW. DePaul looked horrible down the stretch, honestly, with so many empty possessions in the last five minutes. But they did just enough to hang on. Jessica January hit one of two free throws after fouling out Jackson, and with Jackson out of the game Louisville looked a bit lost on its last chance.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I am completely stunned that Mississippi State is gonna win this game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
WOW!!!!!

Michigan State got robbed!!!!!

They should have got the ball with 3.8 seconds left.....

Unbelievable.

Right when I saw that play in real time, I thought "Isn't her foot out of bounds?" The referee's vision was blocked and there was no recourse. Tough break for MSU.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mich St was robbed by the non call when Miss St player was out of bounds. However, would Mich St had made a shot to win or tie the game?

Mich St lost this game by missing Free Throws down the stretch and then of course having to play at Miss St instead of on their home court as the higher seed.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wish I could find the poster that said Louisville would win by 30!!!!

DePaul was my dark horse and I know the game isn't over but DePaul is a tough match when they are hitting shots.

As they say in New York........"Forget about it" That poster has stepped back into the shadows, and has gone dark, as he tries to repair his credibility. :cool:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
How did Powers not touch the ball on their last couple of possesions? she was also much more likely to get a foul call. bad job by Mich State

Plebe

Reaction Score
Mich St was robbed by the non call when Miss St player was out of bounds. However, would Mich St had made a shot to win or tie the game?

Mich St lost this game by missing Free Throws down the stretch and then of course having to play at Miss St instead of on their home court as the higher seed.

Very true. I'm surprised Michigan State didn't do whatever it had to do to free up its facility. Last year ASU's venue was previously booked for a gymnastics meet during the first 2 rounds, but as soon as it became apparent that ASU would likely land a top-4 seed, they quickly begged off gymnastics hosting duty so that they could host. Home court advantage is just a huge deal in basketball.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As they say in New York..."Forget about it" That poster has stepped back into the shadows, and has gone dark, as he tries to repair his credibility. :cool:
I think you mean "fuggedaboudit"!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think you mean "fuggedaboudit"!

THAT"S exactly what I meant!! I didn't know how to spell it. I'm out here in Southern California. We use a slightly different dialect out here. :eek:

Thanks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle