NBA Summer League | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yea but the thing is Bazz no longer makes any of these jumpers, the stepbacks, the pull ups, the jumpers over bigs when they get caught on a switch with him, he's bricking the majority of these and they're not really close. Not sure what's going on with him that's turned him into a good free throw shooting version of Taliek but its not conducive to a long term career in the NBA. I just got a bad feeling that after this season he's gonna be in a tough spot and I don't know if he's gonna get the type of look that Shane Larkin got from the Nets.
i'm of the volition his best games as a pro came in november when he was getting serious tick, 20 mpg. averaged 7/3/2 off the bench with 40% 3pt shooting. in that month he played the more minutes than he would for the rest of the year. i'm sure we all recall him climbing rookie leader boards creeping into the new year. He had some bad games following but his minutes dropped really out of nowhere due to what i'm guessing the glutton of point guards on mia, or just spo spo'ing . my problem with his game is his inconsistency, and he seems overzelous to make to big/flashy assist coming off a pick n roll. this leads to overdribbling/turnovers and overall team offense inefficiency.

It reminds me of his frosh year here where he was a terrible shooter. I agree with you, hopefully this offseason surgery ( which apparently has ailed him since uconn days) will add explosive to his pick n roll game so he can penetrate for CLEANER LOOKS; pull ups, floaters, threes when defender goes under.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Hasheem just got tossed vs wiz. No clue what he said to the ref but come on how do you toss a guy in a summer league game?

I only saw a replay and didn't see what the original T was for but he appeared to be very undemonstrative when talking to the official. Whatever the offense was, it had to have happened very quickly.

Reaction Score
I only saw a replay and didn't see what the original T was for but he appeared to be very undemonstrative when talking to the official. Whatever the offense was, it had to have happened very quickly.

Was watching live when it happened, back to back Ts for going at ref. Didn't see much in the play before but maybe something happened earlier that had him fired up. Hope he can put it behind him quickly and get back to business.

Reaction Score
Yea but the thing is Bazz no longer makes any of these jumpers, the stepbacks, the pull ups, the jumpers over bigs when they get caught on a switch with him, he's bricking the majority of these and they're not really close. Not sure what's going on with him that's turned him into a good free throw shooting version of Taliek but its not conducive to a long term career in the NBA. I just got a bad feeling that after this season he's gonna be in a tough spot and I don't know if he's gonna get the type of look that Shane Larkin got from the Nets.

It's not like he took a 3 month hiatus from basketball or anything...He'll get it back

Reaction Score
It's not like he took a 3 month hiatus from basketball or anything...He'll get it back

It was gone for most of last season as well after he played well in the early portion of the season.

Reaction Score
napier is really good at basketball and completely outplaying mudiay. who had all the buzz coming in. completely under control and making spectacular reads. and his jumper is there. this is just summer league... how did boat play? didn't get a chance to peep saw double digit scoring though

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
napier is really good at basketball and completely outplaying mudiay. who had all the buzz coming in. completely under control and making spectacular reads. and his jumper is there. this is just summer league... how did boat play? didn't get a chance to peep saw double digit scoring though

Didnt catch the game either but decent stat line

Reaction Score
What amazes me is how these guys suddenly get more athletic when they get to the NBA. I could be wrong, but I don't think Boat ever dunked one handed in college. Boat also looks like he's hit the weight room. Boat's been proving the "haters" wrong and I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Didnt get to see the game since it wasn't the main NBATV game but that's a nice stat line from Bazz. Hopefully Dawk or GD will get a highlight package up

Reaction Score
napier is something else, he knows the heat playbook front and back. makes exquisite reads, and is more than competent on defense in this mudiay match up. only reason mudiay raked up a few assists is because they involved that fat ass josh smith in a ton of pickn rolls. oh and james ennis stinks. @aceboon napiers youtube for this game will be very very impressive.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Didnt get to see the game since it wasn't the main NBATV game but that's a nice stat line from Bazz. Hopefully Dawk or GD will get a highlight package up
GD said he will have Napier highlights up..

Reaction Score
napier is something else, he knows the heat playbook front and back. makes exquisite reads, and is more than competent on defense in this mudiay match up. only reason mudiay raked up a few assists is because they involved that fat ass josh smith in a ton of pickn rolls. oh and james ennis stinks. @aceboon napiers youtube for this game will be very very impressive.
I thought Ennis had a lot of promise last year but he's looked horrible in SL, can't dribble worth a damn or make smart decisions with the ball, not a good sign for a 3rd year player. Wouldn't shock me if he doesn't make their roster.

Reaction Score
I thought Ennis had a lot of promise last year but he's looked horrible in SL, can't dribble worth a damn or make smart decisions with the ball, not a good sign for a 3rd year player. Wouldn't shock me if he doesn't make their roster.
im pretty confident he wont. ennis that is. his jumper isn't there, he has no breakdown ability off the bounce. only thing he is good at is off ball cuts and offensive rebounding for his position. thats not good enough in the nba. gotta either shoot, be able to create through ball handeling , or be an andre roberson level defender ( who i dont even like due to his limited skillset).

but man , do i wish deandre daniels was playing. can't believe our guy is out in summer league, a major opp for him.

Reaction Score
Is that Seth Davis doing color commentary? Ew...nice clip, Bazz has the in and out dribble working lovely

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Is that Seth Davis doing color commentary? Ew...nice clip, Bazz has the in and out dribble working lovely
He's great at using it in the corner to fake perfectly between the jump shot or the drive straight to the rim. Defenders look clueless sometimes trying to figure out where he's going

Reaction Score
CJ6XDUuUEAAzq8z.jpg

Reaction Score
boat up to boat things,,... seth davis up to seth davis things, ya know just spewing asanine bs. He is trashing RHJ scoring ability all while RHJ has been very impressive in his two summer leagues. The guy has no clue what he is talking about. mateen cleaves is so much better announcing its not even close

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer