NBA Summer League | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boat has been the best player on the court. You would think his size would be a problem but it's not. He has no problem getting his shot off and he can get by his defender whenever he wants, throw in his ballhawking defense and you have yourself an NBA player.
Agreed, and especially when you consider how much teams value the 3 ball nowadays. There have been 37 3-pointers attempted this game, and Boat has 71% of the makes. Even more impressive is that some were off the dribble.

Reaction Score
Boat needed to knock down those 2 midrange shots, he got great looks
He needs to knock those down but my take away is how easily he gets those wide open looks off of dribble penetration.

Reaction Score
damn, even before the play I was thinking they might try to go for the lob with whoever Boat was guarding because of his height

Reaction Score
who couldn't see that coming? somebody should have helped when he went for the lob over boatright

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
His A:T ratio doesn't accurately represent how he's handled the ball. Boat has done a great job getting lots of guys lots of open looks. Their shots just haven't been falling.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
His A:T ratio doesn't accurately represent how he's handled the ball. Boat has done a great job getting lots of guys lots of open looks. Their shots just haven't been falling.

This is what he'll need to prove he's capable of. Everyone knows he can score but the players only get bigger when you get out of the summer league. He'll need to prove he can handle the ball and play the pick and roll.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not sure if NBA will have highlights, but I recorded the games over the weekend and can have Boatright highlights up at some point this week if people are interested - let me know.
Can you upload the full games?

Reaction Score
I wonder if RB will be a better pro than SN. He is a better athlete and with his improved shot he can definitely make an impact. It will be good so see how these two develop.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/v...ue/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

some nice comments about KO and being prepared for the NBA while playing at UConn

Wow, very nice comments. Copy the video of what he said and play it for recruits. Boat was very definite about how he was better prepared than others because of having a coach who played 13 years in the NBA and taught them only pro sets for the past 3 years. I hope Boat finds a way to stick....23 points and a solid all-around game certainly helps.

Reaction Score
I wonder if RB will be a better pro than SN. He is a better athlete and with his improved shot he can definitely make an impact. It will be good so see how these two develop.
Shabazz is a better passer, and more of a pure PG. But Boat's athleticism is suited for an NBA style of play. I've also been very impressed with how he's progressed as a shooter. I think both will stick in the league and have nice careers. I don't think stardom is in their future, but they can be quality, productive NBA players.

Reaction Score
Good comments by Ryan and great for guards looking to put UConn in their list out of HS. Glad to see he is performing with the lights on hope he makes it would be quite a feat.

Reaction Score
Will be nice to see him shoot when people know he isn't the only option on the floor. Great highlight reel. No fear. Like his aggressiveness.

Reaction Score
aceboon said:
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/v...ue/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter some nice comments about KO and being prepared for the NBA while playing at UConn

It's amazing comparing this interview with the Borges post game snippets we'd see 3 years ago in which he wouldn't make eye contact, would mumble responses and generally look somewhere between shy and disinterested. The man in this interview is confidently giving insightful answers with body language that screams confidence. Watching Ryan grow up has been as fun as any player we've had, best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
When boatright can be a complimentary player instead the focal player, he plays so much better and you can really see how he can be an addition to an NBA team. I felt that he had to do too much last year and he struggled at times. When he could just concentrate on playing stellar defense on the opposing teams' point guard or contributing shots here and there, he plays a lot better. Hoping for the best.

Reaction Score
When boatright can be a complimentary player instead the focal player, he plays so much better and you can really see how he can be an addition to an NBA team. I felt that he had to do too much last year and he struggled at times. When he could just concentrate on playing stellar defense on the opposing teams' point guard or contributing shots here and there, he plays a lot better. Hoping for the best.
Agreed. Unfortunately, he was thrusted into a position where his IQ was a little higher than everybody else's around him... He had to be our leader last year... And, it's just the UCONN way, if you look over our history... but the great part about this is all of our kids coming back now have a year (or more under their belt) and a better understanding of what it takes to represent UCONN basketball. We'll be pretty darn good this year because of it... and I hope that the Kentucky's, Duke's, UNC's, Kansas' of the world keep getting all the 5star one and done kids every year.. I think more often than not, it proves that you aren't focused on building a true college basketball legacy ... You're more about the brand than the sport we all grew up to know and love.

Reaction Score
I thought posters were talking about an 'earl clark' like he was boatrights backup, not the ville guy. thats duck___ hilarious , i remember he came in the game and started taking ridiculous fadeaway long twos. nets fans hate him

Reaction Score
Love how Boat has been playing, but did anyone notice that they didn't start the clock right away when tyler caught the ball? That alley shouldn't have counted and the nets should have won.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Nice game out of the Boatshow.

Did Shabazz not play in that game? Or is he still down with the hernia?

Is DeAndre playing for the Toronto team this yr? Any other UConn guys playing in the SL's?

Reaction Score
Shabazz is playing for the Heat today in Orlando. He's in the starting lineup. Wasn't expecting to see him, so that was a nice surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom