NBA Summer League | Page 8 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Reaction Score
Bouknight 0/4 - missed two layups and two threes, plus a turnover. Got stuck guarding Wemby once which was funny - actually Wemby’s first bucket came on that play. McGowens looks like a much better off ball guard at this point - probably why he jumped him in the rotation last year. Too bad

Reaction Score
Bouk w/a wild brick... He is not watchable, and neither is the team

Reaction Score
Spurs have 38 points on 31% shooting at halftime and they’re up double digits

This Charlotte summer league team is pretty easily the worst professional basketball team that I’ve ever seen play. 100% guys who are only interested in getting their own shots, but none of them can make shots

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Wemby is looking funny in the light so far.

He’s trying to be a perimeter player and it doesn’t look like he’ll get away with that in the league.

Reaction Score
nice dunk, bouk needs to hit shots or he’s out

Reaction Score
If Nick Smith is the supposed replacement, he hasn’t really usurped bouk
He looks like garbage too but he's a late first round draft pick rookie in his third summer league game. Bouknight is a third year lottery pick looking like he still has no idea how to play at this level.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Because he made a shot and had a dunk?

He looked terrible.
He was a lot more aggressive and assertive. Had 14 points and 9 rebounds.

His only problem right now is he’s taking way too many threes. He took 10. Outside of Miller nobody else took more than 4. He was 4-8 from 2 though. If he kept doing what he’s best at he’d look a lot better. Especially better than the rookies who aren’t better at getting to the rim than him and can’t shoot either. He’s just the only one who keeps trying.

McGowens had 15 points and was 5-12 from the field fighting for the same minutes. Was 0-2 from three. Bouknight’s problem compared to other players has nothing to do with making threes and everything to do with shot selection.

Reaction Score
He looks like garbage too but he's a late first round draft pick rookie in his third summer league game. Bouknight is a third year lottery pick looking like he still has no idea how to play at this level.
He looked winded if anything but I think he wants out if charlotte more than anything else. Sadly, he must play himself out if charlotte and not play himself doing it.

Reaction Score
He was a lot more aggressive and assertive. Had 14 points and 9 rebounds.

His only problem right now is he’s taking way too many threes. He took 10. Outside of Miller nobody else took more than 4. He was 4-8 from 2 though. If he kept doing what he’s best at he’d look a lot better. Especially better than the rookies who aren’t better at getting to the rim than him and can’t shoot either. He’s just the only one who keeps trying.

McGowens had 15 points and was 5-12 from the field fighting for the same minutes. Was 0-2 from three. Bouknight’s problem compared to other players has nothing to do with making threes and everything to do with shot selection.
He doesn't know how to play at this level. He just runs around, goes iso and misses assignments all over the court.

Reaction Score
andre defensively with 8 fouls lol....great highlights, love his all in energy, but out of control/position on D alott...just focusing on him during game, he reminds me of a ballhawking shutdown football cb like Diggs...always anticipating the interception, but is gonna get burned sometimes bc of positioning... cant let collin gillespie's go by him bc hes overplaying...but he looked like someone whose gonna be an asset in the league with his attitude & intangibles...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Didn’t stay up for the Hawks but not seeing good comments on Twitter about Tyrese. Anyone watch?

Reaction Score
Didn’t stay up for the Hawks but not seeing good comments on Twitter about Tyrese. Anyone watch?
Me neither but box score ain’t great. 2 pts, 1/8, 0/4, 9 rebounds in 23 minutes

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was wondering if TMartin still on team ....

Reaction Score
I’m a little less worried about Tyrese because he absolutely tore up the G League last year. Averaged around 18 points.

I don’t really see a permanent spot on the Hawks NBA roster for him next year since their backcourt and wings are pretty set. Maybe some minutes available as a small ball PF? Assuming he’ll have a similar role this year as he did last year

I’m confident he’ll turn it around. His playstyle (rugged/high energy/high effort) typically shines in summer league

Reaction Score
Are we allowed to just say it was a fairly horrific opening night for our alum in summer league? Or is that too accurately negative?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom