NBA Playoffs | Page 80 | The Boneyard

NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
MJ’s competiveness was second to none but being more competitive does not make you a better player.

Exactly. The Bulls wouldn’t stand a chance, which is why LeBron’s finals record shouldn’t be held against him.
Who is better, the 96 Bulls or the 2018 Rockets?

Did the 2018 Rockets stand a chance against the Warriors?

Reaction Score
Well there you go, if Lebron does not break his hand punching whiteboard like an idiot, the Cav's win another title.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Well there you go, if Lebron does not break his hand punching whiteboard like an idiot, the Cav's win another title.

Who said that?

Reaction Score
How did he break it?

This is something he should be dragged about, not complimented.
He showed up to the press conference last night wearing a cast.
Watch "LeBron James wears hand cast in postgame press conference after Game 4, explains injury | ESPN" on YouTube

Reaction Score
I wonder how many players actually like playing along side Lebron?? It seems like all the key players for the Warriors actually like playing with each other.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
How did he break it?

This is something he should be dragged about, not complimented.

You could say he played exceptionally well with one hand but that all depends on how fair you are.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You could say he played better exceptionally well with one hand but that all depends on how fair you are.
He did. But he also didn't play as well as he could have without a broken hand. A hand he broke himself.

I'm not going to give him credit for playing through a self-inflicted injury.

Reaction Score
Did it materially affect the Bulls chances of winning a title?
MJ’s punch was in practice. LeBron’s was after one of the most heart-crushing losses (especially for him) you could imagine. If MJ gets to lose his composure all over a team mate in practice I give Bron a tiny bit of a pass taking some incomprehensible frustration out on a whiteboard.

There were no “chances” of winning a title. It was more so a matter of how few games it would take for them to lose.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to give him credit for playing through a self-inflicted injury.
You're not going to give him credit for anything, because you hate him. Anything resembling "credit" that you give him is always couched in a back handed manner.

The difference between the pro-Jordan guys in this argument (Robertmain, TZAndrew, SuperDave) and the rest of us is . . .
We didn't and don't hate Jordan - I think he was a great competitor and the 2nd best player ever - a savior of the game, of sorts, who took over a recovering patient after Bird and Magic administered CPR and revived a dying sport.
You three hate LeBron, and that's not going to change. If the guy rattled off 3 titles in a row, you'd still be making the same arguments. The other 2 I don't know, but I've read a few of TZAndrew's cesspool posts to know that that's just how he's constructed - take a position, dig in, and defend it like you're a japanese soldier on Iwo Jima.

Reaction Score
You suggested I was a baby and you're calling this guy a child. Way to take the high road.
Lebron is better because I say so, is the argument of a child. Look I get it, the numbers are so heavily in Jordan's favor but conceding you were mistaken is a far better way of handling things than just sticking your thumbs in your ears.

Reaction Score
Michael Jordan retired twice and still has twice as many more championships. He was smart in letting the front office do their work, rather than dictate what to do. He put up with Dennis Rodman.

Reaction Score
You're not going to give him credit for anything, because you hate him. Anything resembling "credit" that you give him is always couched in a back handed manner.

The difference between the pro-Jordan guys in this argument (Robertmain, TZAndrew, SuperDave) and the rest of us is . . .
We didn't and don't hate Jordan - I think he was a great competitor and the 2nd best player ever - a savior of the game, of sorts, who took over a recovering patient after Bird and Magic administered CPR and revived a dying sport.
You three hate LeBron, and that's not going to change. If the guy rattled off 3 titles in a row, you'd still be making the same arguments. The other 2 I don't know, but I've read a few of TZAndrew's cesspool posts to know that that's just how he's constructed - take a position, dig in, and defend it like you're a japanese soldier on Iwo Jima.
LOL.

For someone who talked about how smart you were on the cesspool, you're one of the posters here least able to deal with nuance.

I think LeBron is the second best player ever and I hate him.

Talk about hate, look at the tone and tenor of any post you make about KD.

Reaction Score
Talk about hate, look at the tone and tenor of any post you make about KD.
Sure, but unlike you, I admit I hate KD (as a player, not a person), and I acknowledge that I would be a poor choice to rank him all-time because of that.
You hate LeBron but you pretend not to. And everybody sees that (except your two supporters).

Reaction Score
Sure, but unlike you, I admit I hate KD (as a player, not a person), and I acknowledge that I would be a poor choice to rank him all-time because of that.
You hate LeBron but you pretend not to. And everybody sees that (except your two supporters).
Your evidence for me hating him is what? Me making arguments that he's not the best ever.

It's a silly and simplistic line of argument on your end here.

Reaction Score
Your evidence for me hating him is what? Me making arguments that he's not the best ever.

It's a silly and simplistic line of argument on your end here.
It's what you do when you have no argument. In his defense there is no argument to be made but he's hardheaded so while it would have been prudent to tap out a while ago, it isn't in his nature. It is funny he has come back after that embarrassing effort last night but he didn't even watch the game so...

The best part about it is I couldn't stand Jordan. I'm a Knicks fan and detested him, I also think he came off as an arrogant jackarse in his hall of fame speech but I'm able to look past that and see he's clearly the best player I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Part of the challenge of the GOAT debate is definitional: Does it refer to the player who reached the greatest heights, or the one who had the best career?

In the hypothetical where we're choosing sides to win a single game or series, like "the Martian premise" Bill Simmons employs in "The Book of Basketball"pitting the best possible team of NBA players against aliens, Jordan remains the pick. His 1990-91 season was the best we've ever seen -- a superstar combining sheer individual greatness with the ability to (begrudgingly, perhaps) fit into the team concept of Phil Jackson's triangle offense.

The alternative hypothetical is this: Imagine a draft where we're picking every single NBA player at the start of his career. The team gets the player's career exactly as it played out, with no chance of anyone taking his talents to South Beach. This is exactly the question championships added is trying to answer, and to the extent it's close now, James' eventual superiority is all but inevitable. After all, look at what happens when we graph championships added by age instead of experience.

Now, James comes out ahead at every age, thanks in part to starting younger but also because he reached peak performance sooner. Before adding in this season's playoffs, and without the adjustment for league quality, James already has more championships added through his age-33 season than Jordan did at 34. Barring injury or an improbable decision to walk away from the game as MJ did, James will soon pass Jordan in career points. He's already ahead by a wide margin in career rebounds and assists.

A team drafting James' entire career would assure itself championship contention for more than a decade given his metronomic consistency and ability to avoid injury. Jordan might have been better at his best, but James has already put together the best NBA career we've ever seen.
i

Is LeBron overtaking MJ as the greatest player of all time?

Reaction Score
The best part about it is I couldn't stand Jordan. I'm a Knicks fan and detested him, I also think he came off as an arrogant jackarse in his hall of fame speech but I'm able to look past that and see he's clearly the best player I've ever seen.
Oh yeah, Jordan is absolutely a terrible person. And LeBron is not. LeBron has put himself on the line financially by standing up for political causes he believed in; MJ would never do that.

But I do think it's funny the Cesspool got brought as if that were a knock against me. We're chatting with a dude he got a thread on the Cesspool nuked for racism. On the Cesspool...where problematic threads go to become more uncomfortable. He got a thread there nuked for racism. I mean, I hate to repeat myself, but come on.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
MJ’s punch was in practice. LeBron’s was after one of the most heart-crushing losses (especially for him) you could imagine. If MJ gets to lose his composure all over a team mate in practice I give Bron a tiny bit of a pass taking some incomprehensible frustration out on a whiteboard.

There were no “chances” of winning a title. It was more so a matter of how few games it would take for them to lose.

MJ was physical with other teammates as well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

This is something I really dislike about LeBron. First of all, you're an @ss for the mere fact of doing it (if it's even true). But then to bust out a wrap/sling on the podium after losing? That's soft. It's implicitly offering up an 'excuse' or doing the 'fighting through adversity' thing. So soft.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom