NBA Playoffs | Page 78 | The Boneyard

NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
Disagree, Boston will be a very real threat with Kyrie and Hayward. Houston and 76ers would be incredible with Lebron. Lakers would also be no joke with Lebron and Paul George.
Don’t know why the most obvious team hasn’t been mentioned. You need guards. In the east to get back to the finals and matchup with any of the western teams. Lebron with Washington or Toronto! I would love to see him and the Greek freak or a monster front line in Detroit but that is just for the visual.

Reaction Score
One thing that seems to be completely glossed over in this thread regarding the Lebron Jordan debate is how Lebron basically hasn't played defense in the last 3-4 years outside of his occasional highlight reel weakside blocks. Jordan was one of the elite defenders in the league right up until he capped off his second three peat.

Reaction Score
This is the LeBron game I was expecting in game seven of the Indiana series @superjohn

On one hand, the aesthetics of tonight weren't great. As a leader, he leaves a bit to be desired. Just so detached, especially in crisis.

But it would have been so easy for him to pack it in a long time ago. The fact that he left as much on the court as he did just so he could get his brains beaten in tells me a lot more about his character than the other stuff. They didn't quit, they tapped out.

Reaction Score
One thing that seems to be completely glossed over in this thread regarding the Lebron Jordan debate is how Lebron basically hasn't played defense in the last 3-4 years outside of his occasional highlight reel weakside blocks. Jordan was one of the elite defenders in the league right up until he capped off his second three peat.
I guess that settles the debate.

MJ > LBJ.

Reaction Score
LeBron to Philly and he'll win at least 2 more. Some people around Cleveland thinks he might stay. Bahahahahah. The only fate worse than getting beat by the Ws a couple more times in blowouts would be losing to Marcus Smart and Mr. Morris a couple of times.

GS plays best when they are way out in front. Both Durant and Curry compile stats when the game is in hand or when playing patsies.

At 3-0 you knew they would be bombing early - Particularly Durant. You knew he would be at his best when the chips were up.

LeBron with Simmons and Embiid and Fulz - they will be the best team in the East and will give the Ws all they can handle. Next year will be much more interesting, even with the Ws getting more than their share of calls.

Simmons and LeBron could never play together. Both are point forwards. LeBron plays best when surrounded by shooters, something Simmons is awful at. I've actually been following the situation. Look for Philly to trade Simmons, make a run for LeBron and Kawhi + resign Reddick. LeBron/Kawhi/Covington/Reddick/Embiid would be a force to be reckoned with.

Reaction Score
I guess that settles the debate.

MJ > LBJ.

LBJ > MJ. I thought the other way around until this season. LeBron is a better shooter, rebounder and passer. He can carry a team better than Jordan. He's more consistent: 8 straight finals!! Jordan was incredible and undoubtedly played more elite defense but LeBron is the greatest to ever play.

Reaction Score
The KING busted his hand punching a blackboard in the locker room after Game 1.

Reaction Score
LBJ > MJ. I thought the other way around until this season. LeBron is a better shooter, rebounder and passer. He can carry a team better than Jordan. He's more consistent: 8 straight finals!! Jordan was incredible and undoubtedly played more elite defense but LeBron is the greatest to ever play.
The 8 straight finals is really impressive no matter what but becomes a lot less so when you know how sorry the East has been. Jordan had to go through way more 50+ and 60+ win teams on his way to winning it than Lebron did.

Dude it's really not even all that close. Jordan is a better scorer, defender, and winner. Lebron is a better passer and he gets a slight edge in rebounding. Besides Jordan's 10 scoring titles to Lebron's 1, Jordan's 9 1st team all defense to Lebron's 5, Jordan's 6 for 6 finals to Lebron's 3-8 is Jordan's intangibles. He would rip your head off to win, he would never quit in closeout games like Lebron has done, it just wasn't in his DNA.

You would never hear hall of fame type players talking this way about Jordan after a closeout game...
Check out @NBATV’s Tweet:

Reaction Score
Jordan carried himself much better. There's psychological aspects to being a player, too.

To ever play is really an overstatement. 3 championships. Also not as high as an IQ he thinks. Bad GM.

Basketball evolved over time. LeBron wouldn't be what he is in the 1960s. Or even the rough 80s and 90s.

Reaction Score
Would you put Duncan>Lebron.
They did go 1-1 against each other in the finals. Tim Duncan was a Bosh rebound/Ray Allen 3 away from being 2-0.

Reaction Score
Also not as high as an IQ he thinks. Bad GM.

If we’re talking about being a bad GM, how does that title not belong to Jordan? He drafted Kwame Brown, DJ Augustin and Adam Morrison, traded away Emeka Okafor and Gerald Wallace, traded for DeSanaga Diop and signed Matt Carroll and Tyrus Thomas as free agents.

Also LeBron’s game translates to other eras way better than Jordan’s does. Jordan in today’s NBA would be a rich man’s Demar DeRozan because he can’t shoot from beyond the arc.

Reaction Score

Where did the idea come from that Jordan was better defensively? Peak LeBron is straight up better than Jordan on defense, it's actually not close. If you want to grade his defensive ability during a series where he plays 48 minutes have at it.

Reaction Score
If you have to go to Charles Barkley to back up your argument you're in a bad spot.
10 scoring titles to 1, 6 for 6 championships, 9 1st team all defense to 5 for Lebron (Jordan still 1st team all defense his last year as a Bull, Lebron hasn't been on any all defense team since 2013), one of those years Jordan got MVP, defensive player of the year, and finals MVP. Jordan beat way more 50+ and 60+ win teams in the playoffs.

There are just so many numbers in Jordan's favor but as you stated the biggest thing is you wouldn't see a passive Jordan like you saw from Lebron last game and you wouldn't see Jordan quit in a closeout game. The idea that Jordan would allow Rodney Hood to take more field goals than him in a closeout game is laughable.

As you know I don't need Barkley to make the case but when a bunch of Hall of famers are disgusted with Lebron's effort, it ain't a great look.

Reaction Score
Where did the idea come from that Jordan was better defensively? Peak LeBron is straight up better than Jordan on defense, it's actually not close. If you want to grade his defensive ability during a series where he plays 48 minutes have at it.
Dude, you're severly hurting your basketball rep in this thread.

Reaction Score
They did go 1-1 against each other in the finals. Tim Duncan was a Bosh rebound/Ray Allen 3 away from being 2-0.

Duncan was actually 2-1 vs LeBron in the finals having won in 2007 and 2014, while losing in 2013.

As a San Antonio fan, I had to point that out. That said, I’ll admit LeBron can do some things Timmy couldn’t as great as he was.

Reaction Score
The 8 straight finals is really impressive no matter what but becomes a lot less so when you know how sorry the East has been. Jordan had to go through way more 50+ and 60+ win teams on his way to winning it than Lebron did.

Dude it's really not even all that close. Jordan is a better scorer, defender, and winner. Lebron is a better passer and he gets a slight edge in rebounding. Besides Jordan's 10 scoring titles to Lebron's 1, Jordan's 9 1st team all defense to Lebron's 5, Jordan's 6 for 6 finals to Lebron's 3-8 is Jordan's intangibles. He would rip your head off to win, he would never quit in closeout games like Lebron has done, it just wasn't in his DNA.

You would never hear hall of fame type players talking this way about Jordan after a closeout game...
Check out @NBATV’s Tweet:

I disagree Jordan was a better scorer. He averaged more PPG because he was a volume scorer. LeBron is the more efficient scorer. No argument on Jordan being more competitive. That he will always have on LeBron. But when you look at both players’ complete profiles, LeBron is better. He has the shooting, rebounding, and passing edge. The title advantage Jordan has doesn’t tell the whole story. Jordan would’ve gotten swept with this Cleveland squad too.

Reaction Score

At this point in his career, LeBron simply slacks on defense. He’s asked to do far too much on offense to play hard defense as well. But yes, peak LeBron was the best defender in the league when he wanted to be.

Reaction Score
I disagree Jordan was a better scorer. He averaged more PPG because he was a volume scorer. LeBron is the more efficient scorer. No argument on Jordan being more competitive. That he will always have on LeBron. But when you look at both players’ complete profiles, LeBron is better. He has the shooting, rebounding, and passing edge. The title advantage Jordan has doesn’t tell the whole story. Jordan would’ve gotten swept with this Cleveland squad too.
Jordan, a volume scorer? He was well above a 50% shooter which is unheard of for a shooting guard. He still finished a 50% shooter for his career with those two Wizards seasons dragging down his percentage.
kobe-jordan-3.jpg

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Is it a hot take to suggest even Jordan, Pippen and Rodman wouldn't beat Steph, Klay, Durant and Draymond?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom