NBA draft . Net just moved Shabazz into the top 12 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA draft . Net just moved Shabazz into the top 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not sure why my rooting for Daniels to make millions inspires such vitriol from you.

straw-man.jpg

Reaction Score
I would like Daniels to be the next Kobe Bryant, but Daniels is 22 years old already, so that probably isn't happening. There is no credible draft "expert" that thinks Daniels will ever be a lottery pick. If Daniels really busts his butt and has more talent than he has shown to date, he will be a quality starter in the NBA. Realistically, he will be a 7th or 8th rotation guy that can bring some offense. So the question is not whether Daniels is going to be in the lottery next year, the question is whether he has a credible shot to be taken anywhere in the first round this year, because if he does, he has to go. If Daniels was 19 years old, he could consider passing up a first round draft pick to come back to UConn.

And if Daniels comes back to UConn and does not get picked in the first round next year, every coach that Ollie recruits against will use Daniels as a cautionary tale.

I'm not saying he should stay or go. And I'm through pleading that kids aren't ready for the NBA. If they have talent, the NBA will care and work to develop that talent.

And you don't think Daniels has the talent? Wow. Skills-wise, he's got work to do. Fire in the belly has to burn more often. But talent? Wow. Once he really 'gets it', his talent will shoot him up the charts. If he never gets it, it could be a bad decision to stay unless of course he's maybe enjoying college and wants a degree.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think Daniels has the talent to be a lottery pick. He plays a position that is deep, he is not strong or consistent enough. I do think Daniels could be a 20-25 mpg player and gross $20 mm or more in his career if he plays his cards right.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
They also changed their player comparison for Shabazz from Tyronn Lue to Mike Bibby.

Really hoping for Boatright to come back.
Both comparisons fall dramatically short if the mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom