NBA draft . Net just moved Shabazz into the top 12 | The Boneyard

NBA draft . Net just moved Shabazz into the top 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let me say this and I'm paraphrasing Kevin Ollie--Shabazz took no shortcuts and he's obviously about to be paid in spades.

DD and Boat have the right to do what they want--heck if an NBA team said to DD will take you 26--I'm sure I would do it too--IF they did that.

However Napier was listed as a 55 pick coming into this year. He was better than that and he proved his self worth through hard work AND that 4th year. WITHOUT that 4th year--heck he couldve played this year in Istanbul--Im sure he does not regret it. Serious advice to these two. UNLESS someone has definitively said we are picking you round 1--don't go for the benefit of yourself. Get your degree for free and earn your way into a higher draft pick. Im not really sure Boatright would be drafted at all in this aggressively talented draft. That would be a disaster. Take the smart safe route.

Reaction Score
Who knows the NBA better than KO? He knows where they stack up. Hope they listen.

Reaction Score
Yeah, unfortunately nbadraft.net is completely useless. Even Chad Ford is better informed than them. Draftexpress is the only professional out there.

H

huskymagic

Yeah, unfortunately nbadraft.net is completely useless. Even Chad Ford is better informed than them. Draftexpress is the only professional out there.

nbadraft.net is one of the best nba mock draft websites and has a higher percentage of correct picks than any other website.
Draftexpress is terrible until a week of the draft and lists DeAndre in next year's draft when he clearly is leaving for the NBA this year.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Lbh... you'd have to be a pretty bad gm/talent evaluater to take tyler ennis over shabazz napier. I think even cuse fans would agree.

Reaction Score
Lbh... you'd have to be a pretty bad gm/talent evaluater to take tyler ennis over shabazz napier. I think even cuse fans would agree.

Napier is three years older than Ennis. I wouldn't blame anybody for taking Ennis over Napier.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Napier is three years older than Ennis. I wouldn't blame anybody for taking Ennis over Napier.
Theres also no guarantee ennis would progress to be half the player napier is, or that if ennis did he would ever stay for second contract money from another team. 3 years and an inch doesnt make up for the risk differential shabazz is pretty much a sure thing ennis is a queston mark.

Reaction Score
Theres also no guarantee ennis would progress to be half the player napier is, or that if ennis did he would ever stay for second contract money from another team. 3 years and an inch doesnt make up for the risk differential shabazz is pretty much a sure thing ennis is a queston mark.

Taking Napier over Ennis is kind of like taking Thomas Robinson over Andre Drummond. It's dumb and short sighted.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Taking Napier over Ennis is kind of like taking Thomas Robinson over Andre Drummond. It's dumb and short sighted.
Bet against shabazz napier see how that works out for you.

Reaction Score

That's quite the overstatement. Ennis and Drummond aren't comparable as prospects in any way.

And UCannUConn, if you're picking in the lottery, you're not looking for short-term pay-offs.

Reaction Score
this is a pretty awful comparison, I could see if Ennis was a high upside prospect like say Russell Westbrook when he was coming out but Ennis isn't that type of prospect.

UconnU

Reaction Score
That's quite the overstatement. Ennis and Drummond aren't comparable as prospects in any way.

And UCannUConn, if you're picking in the lottery, you're not looking for short-term pay-offs.
I dont get the argument... neither shabazz or ennis are elite athletes for their position, neither have great size for their position, shabazz has a much higher basketball iq, shabazz has a much more polished game, shabazz is thw better passer. Ennis's upside is what shabazz is now.

Reaction Score
The premise of this thread is evaluating what a 4th year did for SN. In a draft that was NOT near as close to this year's, SN was never even considered past 50. He stayed his senior year--improved and now is reaping those rewards. I absolutely agree with anyone leaving IF they are a lock first rounder--there is almost no doubt about it. But if DD and RB dont get that assurance--then follow the lead of a guy you played with!!!! By the way--there is a lot of people who think Napier is the best PG--I think a few guys will have say over that--especially that 6-6 Exum but would you blame a team taking Napier in the top 15--no way. They are getting a really good PG who is a great leader as well.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I always get my draft news from a cybersquatter like Aran Smith and encourage everyone else to do the same.

He can't possibly be wrong.

He has Bazz at #23...up 22 spots with a bullet

Reaction Score
I dont get the argument... neither shabazz or ennis are elite athletes for their position, neither have great size for their position, shabazz has a much higher basketball iq, shabazz has a much more polished game, shabazz is thw better passer. Ennis's upside is what shabazz is now.

It's hard to know what Ennis' upside is. It's hard to know what a lot of prospects upside is after just one season. What we do know is that Ennis was better as a freshman than Napier, at least on the offensive end. That being said, I'd take Bazz over Ennis myself.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I always get my draft news from a cybersquatter like Aran Smith and encourage everyone else to do the same.

He can't possibly be wrong.

And my career advice off an internet forum from someone named scrappy2.0.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
And my career advice off an internet forum from someone named scrappy2.0.
Im awaiting the upgrade to Version 3.0

Reaction Score

Hence why I said "kind of". It's the general idea that you don't take an older player over a younger player simply because the older player was more productive that season in college.

Ennis was pretty darn good as a freshman, I'm sure if he stayed until he was a senior he would put up pretty damn good numbers like Napier.

It's not hard to figure out why a scout would want Ennis over Napier. It annoys me when our fans are blind homers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom