Medical Advice | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Medical Advice

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Some things I've learned from this thread:

1) jj's misguided plea to the Boneyard for help was a display of pluck and grit

2) If I ever asked my wife to post some thing on the Boneyard...well lets just say "dismissive smirk"

3) The yard needs more doctors. If jj had posted about a legal problem there would have been 6-8 lawyers falling all over themselves posting their opinions but medical issues? Crickets. It would have been fascinating to have a doctor diagnose him right here on the yard. Imagine us suggesting different beers or pizzas as tonics for what ailed him. Imagine the elation if he lived.

I started chemo and radiation today and I've learned a lot since my surgery a month ago. Perhaps I can help step into the breach until we get a real sawbones or two.

Reaction Score
Is that last quote from JC himself?
thank goodness you went to the ER. Get well, and be prepared to be kidded without mercy. We were all worried about you. But what the heck, your heart didnot stop as mine did, two weeks ago.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
thank goodness you went to the ER. Get well, and be prepared to be kidded without mercy. We were all worried about you. But what the heck, your heart didnot stop as mine did, two weeks ago.

Man, that must have been terrifying. Thank goodness you're okay.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
"Eh...I'm not too worried about DHam yet, he's probably just got a small cerebrospinal fluid leak right now which can be fixed by not moving for 4-7 days. Good thing we've got those 300+ RPI cupcakes coming up.

joober, did you notice your jump shot falling a couple inches short when your leak sprung?"

That and I wasn't effectively drawing charges.

2) If I ever asked my wife to post some thing on the Boneyard...well lets just say "dismissive smirk"

3) The yard needs more doctors. If jj had posted about a legal problem there would have been 6-8 lawyers falling all over themselves posting their opinions but medical issues? Crickets. It would have been fascinating to have a doctor diagnose him right here on the yard. Imagine us suggesting different beers or pizzas as tonics for what ailed him. Imagine the elation if he lived.

I started chemo and radiation today and I've learned a lot since my surgery a month ago. Perhaps I can help step into the breach until we get a real sawbones or two.

Best of luck and I hope it's a success.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Best of luck in beating it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sorry for the late update, I ended up going to the ER a few hours after posting. It turns out what was going on was as cerebrospinal fluid leak. Fortunately it's (at least in my case) nothing too serious, I just have to keep hydrated and move as little as possible for the next few days. Other than that, it should more or less heal by itself which it seems to be doing as I'm feeling a lot better now than I was when I first posted. The doctor's theory is that my neck snapped in just the wrong way and that's what got it started.
Glad it wasn't serious.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry for the late update, I ended up going to the ER a few hours after posting. It turns out what was going on was as cerebrospinal fluid leak. Fortunately it's (at least in my case) nothing too serious, I just have to keep hydrated and move as little as possible for the next few days. Other than that, it should more or less heal by itself which it seems to be doing as I'm feeling a lot better now than I was when I first posted. The doctor's theory is that my neck snapped in just the wrong way and that's what got it started.

"The Boneyard. So intense your brain will leak."

AND WE HAVE OUR NEW TEE SHIRT!

Glad you're all right.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Now that we know you are OK joober this can become a classic boneyard thread. Boneyarder has a seemingly serious health issue and what does he do? Go to his doctor? No. Go to the hospital? Nope! Call a health line for nurse advice? No way! Just head on over to the Boneyard for some sound medical advice! Nice job joober!!

Not feeling well?
Too fearful/self-sufficient/whatever to consult medical advice?
Reach out to any caring community (it doesn't matter what they care about) and ask for help.
Wisdom of crowds.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the BY is the best place to get 25-400 different opinions... no question is dumb

Reaction Score

Hope all goes well Fun, you got this! Thoughts with you and the fight.

Reaction Score

Glad everything will be fine. Rest up

Reaction Score
I've been having some strange symptoms for the past few hours. I have an extremely intense bitter/metalic taste in my mouth along with lightheadedness, nausea, headache and a feeling of general weakness. I've been checking online but haven't found anything that matches my symptoms. Does this sound like any kind of familiar condition to anyone?

I'm a doctor. To me this sounds like a classic case of cerebrospinal fluid leak. Fortunately it shouldnt be anything too serious. I recommend keeping hydrated and moving as little as possible for the next few days. After that it should pretty much heal itself.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm a doctor. To me this sounds like a classic case of cerebrospinal fluid leak. Fortunately it shouldnt be anything too serious. I recommend keeping hydrated and moving as little as possible for the next few days. After that it should pretty much heal itself.

Funny... I googled the symptoms and the top results said he's probably pregnant.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
In my practice, metallic taste is usually related to an adverse effect of medications (metronidazole and clarithromycin are two big ones)

Reaction Score
In my practice, metallic taste is usually related to an adverse effect of medications (metronidazole and clarithromycin are two big ones)

I knew a girl who used to say she had a metallic taste after,,, well anyway it was usually after I frank a few Heinekens. ;)

Reaction Score
Also, thanks for the concern. I was being prompted by my wife today to "make a post because the UConn guys are worried."

Thank God you are okay.

A leaky spine ...huh?! I've known a few who have leaked a little... (usually due to a spinal tap) ...they were lightheaded, weak and then would get the most intense headaches - after the hole was created - from the needle. Both of my friends were given a blood patch. What this is.... is your own blood is drawn and injected into the spinal cord. It clots (thrombus) and finds it's way to the leaky opening and patches or plugs it. Its pretty effective - immediately back to normal. I am not a doctor, I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express - and I have had TBI due to 3 strokes last October. That's 6 INFARCTIONS on the CT scan! So.. don't take my word for it.

Word to the wise: Don't let a chiropractor near your neck (ever). I speak to many daily who have had a stroke due to a chiropractor messing with their neck. Trust me on this one - not your chiropractor.

Reaction Score
Glad you are okay Joober, I think we were all genuinely concerned. I urge everyone if you aren't feeling good/can tell something is wrong, get your butt to the ER. I've seen too many times where people are sick and they wait to long before going to the hospital and it turns into a much bigger deal, in a couple of cases it was too late.

Had a friend in Torrington, an intelligent attorney who worked as a child advocate, who thought he had the flu, by the time he went to the hospital in the back of an ambulance, it was just a formality to pronounce him. Died of a heart attack at 55.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom