Medical Advice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Medical Advice

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I haven't been able to focus on work since joobs' post. Can't eat. Feeling nauseous. Headache, too.

Where are ya joobs?

EDIT: he was last seen at 12:56 pm today

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'd add questionable judgement to those symptoms. Said a prayer for you.
Post and let us know how it is going.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nah. I think they just balked at putting up a plaque on a door or something. Not everyone knows the legend that is the boneyard.

The conversations went like this.....

UConn Foundation: "So, what project are you guys thinking of funding?"

Us: "We see that we can name a conference room after..."

UF: *panic* "HOW ABOUT A HEART PUMP?! THAT'D BE GREAT!"

Us: "Wouldn't it be funny if the hospital had a room called the Boney...."

UF: "A HEART PUMP?! YES! THAT'D BE THE THING!"

Us: "I guess we'll do the heart pump?"

UF: "WHAT A GREAT IDEA YOU GUYS JUST THOUGHT OF BY YOURSELVES!"

Us: "Could we at least put our name on it?"

UF: "There's no way."

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is that last quote from JC himself?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We are to assume the worst with Joober until we here from him, right?

It's like the violent car racing crash where they won't show the replay until they know the driver didn't die.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm praying jobber is ok. I think his twin brother passed away last year and he became the parent of his deceased brothers children. Can anyone verify?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Last seen last night at 10:44 so hopefully he's doing alright and has just been unable to get on the yard much.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Should someone make a courtesy call or visit to ensure all 129 symptoms have not kicked in?

Reaction Score
I've been having some strange symptoms for the past few hours. I have an extremely intense bitter/metalic taste in my mouth along with lightheadedness, nausea, headache and a feeling of general weakness. I've been checking online but haven't found anything that matches my symptoms. Does this sound like any kind of familiar condition to anyone?
get to the ER fast. I ignored symptoms and ended up getting CPR in the middle of the street. Listen to your body. NOW !

CL82

Reaction Score
Last seen last night at 10:44 so hopefully he's doing alright and has just been unable to get on the yard much.
...and he was ok, correct? Look tell him to get his butt on the computer and post something, even if it is false alarm everything's okay...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I sure hope Mrs. joober doesn't need to enter the Yard through his account.

:(

Reaction Score
I've been having some strange symptoms for the past few hours. I have an extremely intense bitter/metalic taste in my mouth along with lightheadedness, nausea, headache and a feeling of general weakness. I've been checking online but haven't found anything that matches my symptoms. Does this sound like any kind of familiar condition to anyone?

I would wait a couple of weeks. The "Best Doctors in CT that can treat intense bitter/metalic taste in my mouth along with lightheadedness, nausea, headache and a feeling of general weakness" thread should be coming up by then.

Kidding aside, go to a doctor ASAP.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Sorry for the late update, I ended up going to the ER a few hours after posting. It turns out what was going on was as cerebrospinal fluid leak. Fortunately it's (at least in my case) nothing too serious, I just have to keep hydrated and move as little as possible for the next few days. Other than that, it should more or less heal by itself which it seems to be doing as I'm feeling a lot better now than I was when I first posted. The doctor's theory is that my neck snapped in just the wrong way and that's what got it started.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm glad you did and glad to hear you are feeling better.

I respectfully reserve the right to laugh about this thread at a future date. I suspect it will become part of the Boneyard folklore.

Stay well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sorry for the late update, I ended up going to the ER a few hours after posting. It turns out what was going on was as cerebrospinal fluid leak. Fortunately it's (at least in my case) nothing too serious, I just have to keep hydrated and move as little as possible for the next few days. Other than that, it should more or less heal by itself which it seems to be doing as I'm feeling a lot better now than I was when I first posted. The doctor's theory is that my neck snapped in just the wrong way and that's what got it started.
Holy crap, that's pretty scary. Glad you got proper medical attention and are on the mend.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I'm glad you did and glad to hear you are feeling better.

I respectfully reserve the right to laugh about this thread at a future date. I suspect it will become part of the Boneyard folklore.

Stay well.
I'm going to do my best to remember "cerebrospinal fluid leak" the first time someone misses time with an undisclosed injury.

mets1090

Reaction Score
It's going to be our new diagnosis whenever someone's having a bad game this season
"Eh...I'm not too worried about DHam yet, he's probably just got a small cerebrospinal fluid leak right now which can be fixed by not moving for 4-7 days. Good thing we've got those 300+ RPI cupcakes coming up.

joober, did you notice your jump shot falling a couple inches short when your leak sprung?"

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
"Eh...I'm not too worried about DHam yet, he's probably just got a small cerebrospinal fluid leak right now which can be fixed by not moving for 4-7 days. Good thing we've got those 300+ RPI cupcakes coming up.

joober, did you notice your jump shot falling a couple inches short when your leak sprung?"

That and I wasn't effectively drawing charges.

Reaction Score
Glad you are okay Joober, I think we were all genuinely concerned. I urge everyone if you aren't feeling good/can tell something is wrong, get your butt to the ER. I've seen too many times where people are sick and they wait to long before going to the hospital and it turns into a much bigger deal, in a couple of cases it was too late.

Reaction Score
Now that we know you are OK joober this can become a classic boneyard thread. Boneyarder has a seemingly serious health issue and what does he do? Go to his doctor? No. Go to the hospital? Nope! Call a health line for nurse advice? No way! Just head on over to the Boneyard for some sound medical advice! Nice job joober!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom