Media Rights Are Set to Surpass the Gate in 2018 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Media Rights Are Set to Surpass the Gate in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
His radio deal is profitable. The FS1 is a throw-in to get eyeballs to the channel. Actually smart the way it was structured.

Yeah I know it's just something to put on and they know nobody is going to watch and they hired him for radio - but we aren't talking about radio wars here - nobody is worried about radio right fees.

Cowherd isn't going to make up any ground on ESPN TV for FS1.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Yeah I know it's just something to put on and they know nobody is going to watch and they hired him for radio - but we aren't talking about radio wars here - nobody is worried about radio right fees. Cowherd isn't going to make up any ground on ESPN TV for FS1.

It will get some people to at least find FS1 on the dial. I know I might look for it. And I have no idea where to find it now. I think he may also get some of the inventory on the TV broadcast so there is an incentive for him personally to drive ratings.

Reaction Score
The beauty of technology is the remote control, search, and favorites. The actual channel numbers and "location on the dial" are becoming meaningless. In the "old" days, it was beneficial to be channel numbers 30, 31, 32, whatever espn chose. But when I am regularly entering 1112 or 1643 or 1852, the actual numbers really don't mean anything. Especially when the past couple generations learn computers when they are 2. It will only get easier to find your game on whatever device you are watching.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It will get some people to at least find FS1 on the dial. I know I might look for it. And I have no idea where to find it now. I think he may also get some of the inventory on the TV broadcast so there is an incentive for him personally to drive ratings.

Well Neilsen doesn't certify ratings <100,000 viewers and that is where his TV ratings are.

So good luck selling against those numbers?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The beauty of technology is the remote control, search, and favorites. The actual channel numbers and "location on the dial" are becoming meaningless. In the "old" days, it was beneficial to be channel numbers 30, 31, 32, whatever espn chose. But when I am regularly entering 1112 or 1643 or 1852, the actual numbers really don't mean anything. Especially when the past couple generations learn computers when they are 2. It will only get easier to find your game on whatever device you are watching.

Yeah the ratings tell a completely different story but it's not like numerical evidence means much around here once people have their minds made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom