PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
I am still a bit confused as to why this guy seems to be a must get. How has he feared against others in his position. I see he's ranked as the 20th best center. I usually admire your opinion and responses. What do you have? lol

Not Stairmaster but he's a guy on the rise. 2016 rankings are going to change a ton between now and signing in the fall. I'd be surprised if Diarra isn't near a top 100 guy or better. He is raw in many regards but he's quite physical and has a good motor. He may not be a one and done but he's def a very good get at this stage. UConn has been on two of the bigger spring risers early in Gilbert and Diarra.

Reaction Score
I am still a bit confused as to why this guy seems to be a must get. How has he feared against others in his position. I see he's ranked as the 20th best center. I usually value your opinion and responses. What do you have? lol

I dont think anyone is saying he's a must get. People are trusting KO and the staff's opinion of him, that he's a good, hardworking kid that will fill a need. They've been on him for quite some time and the kid has said UConn is his dream school. What more do we need?

PS - its "fared"

Reaction Score
Thoughts on the Mamadou situation from the VCU board, for amusement purposes:

Based on rep this should have been a done deal for UConn. The fact that it's not makes me believe he's not completely sold on UConn.

To use a boxing analogy, we're hanging in there into the late rounds with the old, past his prime champ. We need hope the judges don't rob us on the scorecards.

Reaction Score

Based on rep this should have been a done deal for UConn. The fact that it's not makes me believe he's not completely sold on UConn.

To use a boxing analogy, we're hanging in there into the late rounds with the old, past his prime champ. We need hope the judges don't rob us on the scorecards.

That's some funny huh? Who the hell do they think they are there? :rolleyes:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I am still a bit confused as to why this guy seems to be a must get. How has he feared against others in his position. I see he's ranked as the 20th best center. I usually value your opinion and responses. What do you have? lol
He's not a must get. A solid athlete who seems like he'll develop into a good player by the time he leaves.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

LMAO. Delusional.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
That's some funny huh? Who the hell do they think they are there? :rolleyes:

Their heart and soul coach guts 'em and leaves 'em for dead but we are the ones who aren't what we were 2 years ago...
...when we won the National championship.

Reaction Score

That board is entertaining to read, but at the end of it, I always feel like I just watched an episode of "To Catch a Predator" or something.

What a bunch of creepy duck*s.

Reaction Score
Just watched his mixtape and the thing you notice beyond the dunking on every shot (he's a foot taller than most everyone) is that he is much more solid looking than who we often recruit. He looks to be 220? Now Lubin was solid too but this guy is athletic and throws down with no seeming effort. Looks extremely long. Have no idea from watching the tape whether he can do anything but slam within 2 feet of the basket. Runs pretty well. He could grow 2 more inches at his age.

Reaction Score
Just for ts & giggles, does anyone know how Mamadou is announcing? Online video stream, twitter, etc?

Reaction Score
Leaving a school that has sent only 7 players to the NBA to consider two schools that have sent a combined 50 in the last 25 years elicited this gem of a response:

Getting to the NBA is about hard work not what school you play for. Uconn/Maryland don't gaurantee an NBA career. Lazy move by Larrier.

No room for lazy in Havoc.

caw

Reaction Score
They're really monsters there. Every kid who doesn't pick them is a bad person, and everyone who might pick them gets absolutely slammed with creepy stalkers.

Absolutely savaging Larrier right now. It's kind of sad actually.

Reaction Score
They had one of the most charismatic coaches in the country and they are appalled how guys who signed up for Smart don't want to play for a complete unknown. VCU wasn't getting kids because of Richmond, or their history, they just had an awesome coach.

Reaction Score
Twitter post I saw said 11AM.

Well, you still would have needed 10 more minutes on your countdown, but in this thread it had been shared as 11:30. That did sound like an odd time to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom