Looking way ahead to 2016-17 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Looking way ahead to 2016-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I've been is a few myself. I find that in some races over 1-2 miles, that people who start off like "jackrabbits", usually, run out of steam. Short distance = Fast, Long distance = slow to moderate and steady.

Fast and steady is the way to win races :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

sometimes its fun to look at these kind threads a year later

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Triad, unfortunately it appears that based on the OP, instead of being 'loaded' for the 2016-17 season, one could say that Duke is 'unloaded' for this coming year! :rolleyes:

With all the recruiting and transfers and early leaving, it is surprising how well most of the predictions still stand up to what the predictions are currently.

The two teams that stand out as not being as strong as expected are Duke (with transfers and JPM's continued issues and TN with a pretty chaotic 2016 campaign and a sort of desperation recruiting class coming in after missing out on their first tier recruits.

Baylor I would say is stronger than predicted with last year's and this year's recruiting success and Dawn with her filling in recruiting weakness with transfer strength is also maintaining their lead in the SEC.

The PAC is going to be an interesting situation - it is finally more than just Stanford and an occasional dark horse, but they graduated some serious talent in that league so can they maintain the overall strength?

Reaction Score
USF takes a huge fall without Williams and Jenkins. They'll be lucky to be ranked in the top 25.

Reaction Score
USF takes a huge fall without Williams and Jenkins. They'll be lucky to be ranked in the top 25.
At the beginning of the year, I agree, but they have more talent this year than ever before (even last year). The problem for USF is that most of the talent is young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom