Lets be honest here, BCS jobs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lets be honest here, BCS jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Anyone care to explain why a head football coach gives a flying Fecundity about the soccer stadium or baseball stadium?

Are the recruits visiting those facilities or the Burton/Shenkman $34 million facilities?

I thought the discussion was about the attractiveness of the job for a football coach.

Absolutely true. Also, what he perhaps didn't realize is that all of that is in the works anyways (as per my previous post)...

Reaction Score
I agree. But.... when does UConn invest $20,000,000 to improve the Marrone facility? When can we expect a $75mil for a "student athlete learning" facility? When does the baseball team get a $20mil stadium? At the very least, doesn't Husky Nan's polo team deserve a $5mil stable???

Louisiana is a much bigger state than Connecticut and they care A LOT more about college athletics. Hence, it's going to be easier to fundraise for newer facilities.

UConn doesn't want to be LSU and LSU doesn't want to be UConn. We don't need to try and jam a square peg into a round hole here.

Reaction Score
Athletics programs can offer this: (multi million dollar facility for SOFTBALL!)

I don't get it. We have championship teams in B-ball, Womens B-ball, Soccer, Field Hockey. Our Womens Basketball and Soccer teams have the highest average attendance in the country. He have terrific football facilities and an amazing basketball facility is on the way. Not sure why we need to be envious of anyone.

Our (very recent) struggles in football is not because of a lack of budget or institutional support.

Reaction Score
Jesus wasn't popular in his day either with everyone.

You have overstated the point you are making by a good deal, but your underlying point -- that we accomplished much more during Edsall's tenure than a rational person would have expected -- is extremely unpopular and extremely accurate.

Good Grief.

The OP states we are beneath Temple and you compare him to Jesus just because he complimented your man crush by equating his success here to Calhoun's. I hope your blood sugar was low when you did this.

Randy Edsall, a man with a career record of 80-83 with no top 25 finishes and a home loss to Paul Pasqauloni a few weeks ago.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
This is major college football, we'd better be able to pay a coach as much as the schools younthink we can't. The ones you have us on par with are not really what we should be aspiring to be like. . . and they're all in the Northeast. We really need to create some separation from them and the unflattering way the rest of the country looks at this region.

"We'd better be able to"

"Aspiring to be like"

"Need to create"

I agree with you, but the difference is you're looking at it hypothetically, while I'm looking at it realistically.

Yes, we SHOULD pay coaches. We SHOULD NOT aspire to be like Cuse or BC (note, I never said we should), and we SHOULD try to create separation from them. But overall, we haven't. We are on par with them right now.

Our school isn't any more or less attractive- which is why we battle those schools for recruits- we are a mediocre job even though we should try to be more.

Reaction Score
People that hated on Edsall piss me off. What he did here in less than 15 years (bringing us to a BCS bowl) ranks up there with what Calhoun did. Yeah I said it. Fecundity off if you don't agree. Our program is a joke and there isn't a BCS program in the country we can consider ourselves better than

It's not that we hated on Edsall. It's that all of your pining away for the ex-girlfriend who dumped you isn't doing you any good. She ain't coming back, man, and all your wistful thinking about the good old days ain't rebuilding this program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom