Lebron James about to remind the World who the Champs really are: | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lebron James about to remind the World who the Champs really are:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Jason Tatum, Devin Booker, and other stars (including Joel Embid, Kyrie Irving, etc.) are buying in.
Opponents might not have to worry about Kyrie. If they tell him he'll have to cross the ice wall, he'll stay home.

Reaction Score
13 years ago lol. I can acknowledge that he has made certain things about himself, comes with the territory of being one of the top 2 players ever. But always is an incredible stretch, and I think in this specific instance, his influence and willingness to join the olympic team is very welcomed, especially if that means the best players will follow suit. But people always find an issue with anything LeBron does, so be it.
You calling him one of the top 2 players shows your (lack of) intelligence in a tiny nutshell.

Gimme MJ, Bird, Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Oscar and probably a few others any day of the week over this self indulged blowhard.

Reaction Score
“The Decision” broadcast raised $2.5 mil for the Boys and Girls Club
He could have donated that in private and not made it a spectacle about himself.

People would have said “what great character he has” instead of coming off like a total character

Reaction Score
You calling him one of the top 2 players shows your (lack of) intelligence in a tiny nutshell.

Gimme MJ, Bird, Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Oscar and probably a few others any day of the week over this self indulged blowhard.
AHAHAHAHHA. Jesus. Having this much hate in your heart is insane. Be better brother.

Reaction Score

It's not exactly a crazy take that LeBron is the 2nd best NBA player ever. Lots of people have him there. You may not, which is fine, but I wouldn't go off telling someone they're nuts for a take that is the general consensus. Just a really strange post from you.

#2 on all of these lists of the greatest NBA players ever. Which is every article at the top of a Google search. Should I find more?

Reaction Score
AHAHAHAHHA. . Having this much hate in your heart is insane. Be better brother.
I had to come to your defense. I get that some people can't stand LeBron, but that post was just so strange and unwarranted.

Reaction Score
I had to come to your defense. I get that some people can't stand LeBron, but that post was just so strange and unwarranted.
I understand people don’t like LeBron, but hating him to that extent is crazy. I have him as the best player ever. I know that’s not near a majority but that’s just my opinion. Having Jordan is more than fine and fair. But any other player just doesn’t make sense to me.

caw

Reaction Score
I understand people don’t like LeBron, but hating him to that extent is crazy. I have him as the best player ever. I know that’s not near a majority but that’s just my opinion. Having Jordan is more than fine and fair. But any other player just doesn’t make sense to me.

The bold opinion isn't necessarily a bad one.

Going after Lebron's personality in consideration for at least a few of the guys named is an interesting approach though.

Reaction Score
The bold opinion isn't necessarily a bad one.

Going after Lebron's personality in consideration for at least a few of the guys named is an interesting approach though.
MJ and Kareem are the only ones in the convo. Kobe was amazing, a transcendent player and great competitor, but I feel his death has made people boost his ability too high. He’s a borderline top 10 player. Oscar is like 12th, so that’s a ridiculous take. Magic and Bird are in the tier below the top 3. The stats and analytics are pretty black and white on this.

caw

Reaction Score
MJ and Kareem are the only ones in the convo. Kobe was amazing, a transcendent player and great competitor, but I feel his death has made people boost his ability too high. He’s a borderline top 10 player. Oscar is like 12th, so that’s a ridiculous take. Magic and Bird are in the tier below the top 3. The stats and analytics are pretty black and white on this.

Different eras make statistic conversations relatively mute when discussing anyone in the top 10 if they didn't play at the same time. Statistics is a large part of what gets them in the top ten and then after that it comes down to other things outside of metrics.

There are so many things in this era that make it hard to compare any player or their statistics to the era of any of the other players. Whether it's rest, medicine, analytics, training, better understanding of health, rule changes, etc. Even pace adjusted statistics are relatively useless in the context of fifty years separation.

Oscar is arguably top 10, he's the oldest on the list and the hardest for probably anyone on the board to judge. Probably more (counting uniquely) people watch a random December game by Lebron now than saw Oscar during his entire career.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Random observation

Cryrie Irving is not a star, he's Cryrie, he's a sideshow, he 's Stephon Starbury II

Reaction Score
Different eras make statistic conversations relatively mute when discussing anyone in the top 10 if they didn't play at the same time. Statistics is a large part of what gets them in the top ten and then after that it comes down to other things outside of metrics.

There are so many things in this era that make it hard to compare any player or their statistics to the era of any of the other players. Whether it's rest, medicine, analytics, training, better understanding of health, rule changes, etc. Even pace adjusted statistics are relatively useless in the context of fifty years separation.

Oscar is arguably top 10, he's the oldest on the list and the hardest for probably anyone on the board to judge. Probably more (counting uniquely) people watch a random December game by Lebron now than saw Oscar during his entire career.
Pace adjusted statistics are not useless. The numbers are so high in the 50’s/60’s because of the pace and the low fg%. The amount of guys that averaged ~20 rebounds in a season was ridiculous.

And I said Oscar was about 12th for me, not far off from arguably top 10, but certainly not in any GOAT discussion.

caw

Reaction Score
Pace adjusted statistics are not useless. The numbers are so high in the 50’s/60’s because of the pace and the low fg%. The amount of guys that averaged ~20 rebounds in a season was ridiculous.

And I said Oscar was about 12th for me, not far off from arguably top 10, but certainly not in any GOAT discussion.

They are when comparing across generations because of the rule differences, for starters. It was literally a different game. That is why pace adjusted stats and other advanced analytics mean squat across generations. I actually think you should agree with this based on what you wrote.

In regards to Oscar, I can't claim to have ever seen him play. So I'm not arguing where he stands in the top ten. My point is, you can't really unless you were one of the few to have seen him multiple times over multiple years still alive. The only thing you can ask is "Was he the best during his prime?" If he was, then there is an argument to be made for him as the GOAT. I wouldn't make it, but someone could, I'm sure.

Reaction Score
They are when comparing across generations because of the rule differences, for starters. It was literally a different game. That is why pace adjusted stats and other advanced analytics mean squat across generations. I actually think you should agree with this based on what you wrote.

In regards to Oscar, I can't claim to have ever seen him play. So I'm not arguing where he stands in the top ten. My point is, you can't really unless you were one of the few to have seen him multiple times over multiple years still alive. The only thing you can ask is "Was he the best during his prime?" If he was, then there is an argument to be made for him as the GOAT. I wouldn't make it, but someone could, I'm sure.
The rule differences are fine to incorporate in an argument, but the fact is, the numbers back then are incredibly inflated in comparison to any era following it. 6’7 guys averaged 30 points and 20 boards. Bill Russell shot like 42% for his career. They can be the GOATS for their era, but the translation doesn’t work when you get to the top, top level. This current era is the greatest, most efficient era of the game. The playing field is substantially more level as opposed to the early days.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure exactly whose intelligence you exposed as lacking.
I would love for anyone to explain how LeBron isn’t a top-2 player OAT, statistically and accomplishment wise.

Reaction Score
I would love for anyone to explain how LeBron isn’t a top-2 player OAT, statistically and accomplishment wise.
I posted a bunch of all time NBA player rankings in this thread and every one had LeBron #2. So it's only 1 outlier poster on here who you'll need that explanation from.

Reaction Score
I posted a bunch of all time NBA player rankings in this thread and every one had LeBron #2. So it's only 1 outlier poster on here who you'll need that explanation from.
I have a feeling a few of the fellas who said LeBron was being selfish/making it about himself have him ranked significantly lower than that too. But alas, it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Lebron at #2 is laughable. He just doesnt have the clutch gene. It takes Ray's miraculous 3 to get him 1 Ring. Then, Kyrie and a suspension to get him another Ring.

Reaction Score
Lebron at #2 is laughable. He just doesnt have the clutch gene. It takes Ray's miraculous 3 to get him 1 Ring. Then, Kyrie and a suspension to get him another Ring.
IMG_7035.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom