Lebron James about to remind the World who the Champs really are: | The Boneyard

Lebron James about to remind the World who the Champs really are:

Reaction Score
Lebron may be the only player that can get NBA stars to commit. So glad he is doing this. No offense to the last international squad but the World may have forgotten who we are. I will say I have no idea how much those international teams have really improved. Just saying the original Dream Team domination may no longer be the case. but I still feel we would be unbeatable.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This is a fairly ironic thread for this board. We all (or most of us) root for a team that never has the most talent. We are a team not wholly comprised by 5 star recruits. We recruit players that fit the culture of our team. They play together. Basketball when played correctly is one of the sports that relies on teams playing connected. Talent alone does not win championships. Teams with an emphasis on team win championships. That is pretty much the UConn way, so imo until we can get a group of these highly paid nba players to play as a team we will continue to fall short. Years ago we had boys playing against men in the Olympics and we did better than we are currently doing on the international stage. The talent gap has shrunk considerably from the dream team days and with that there is now much more importance putting together a team that plays together and cares whether they win or lose.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Maybe he doesn't find genocide funny?
1694555235797.png

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It’s a non-story; LeBron is not picking the Olympic team.

Reaction Score
This is a fairly ironic thread for this board. We all (or most of us) root for a team that never has the most talent. We are a team not wholly comprised by 5 star recruits. We recruit players that fit the culture of our team. They play together. Basketball when played correctly is one of the sports that relies on teams playing connected. Talent alone does not win championships. Teams with an emphasis on team win championships. That is pretty much the UConn way, so imo until we can get a group of these highly paid nba players to play as a team we will continue to fall short. Years ago we had boys playing against men in the Olympics and we did better than we are currently doing on the international stage. The talent gap has shrunk considerably from the dream team days and with that there is now much more importance putting together a team that plays together and cares whether they win or lose.

I don't know what "continue to fall short" means in the context of Olympic basketball. The US has won the gold medal in every Olympics except one for the last 30 years.

Reaction Score
Did Germany and Canada bring their A teams to the World Cup?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The Olympics will recruit itself without LeBron James.
Think you’re vastly underestimating the respect Lebrons fellow veteran stars have for him. If he shoot’s them a call/text asking to be on his final Olympic team ever, I think most would feel some pressure to take him up on it.

Also this could be a historically great team if all the rumored names commit. That’ll entice some of the non rumored guys to step up as well.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he assembles the A Team, because the American A Team will steamroll everyone in their way and avenge this year's pitiful performance

But I really doubt Lebron is going to play next summer. He'll be 39 years old coming off of his 21st NBA season. With a $50 million contract coming in 24-25..

Reaction Score
Canada didn’t and they are stacked if they bring everyone. Germany, I have no idea.
I’d love it it if we managed to send out A team to Paris, but I don’t necessarily think it’s going to be a steamrolling of the competition

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom