Lauren Cox- list of six colleges | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox- list of six colleges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe she wants to see everything else and then make a Uconn visit so she can
compare it. We must have patience and let the process play out. She has a big decision
to make or perhaps she has already made that decision. Time will tell.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Per ProspectsNation "No. 1 Lauren Cox and No. 3 Joyner Holmes were both on campuses this week in the Lone Star State."
My assumption is that means Baylor for Cox as Baylor is the only Lone Star State school remaining on Cox's list. Holmes???? Does this make Cox a Baylor lean?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
CocoHusky said:
Per ProspectsNation "No. 1 Lauren Cox and No. 3 Joyner Holmes were both on campuses this week in the Lone Star State." My assumption is that means Baylor for Cox as Baylor is the only Lone Star State school remaining on Cox's list. Holmes???? Does this make Cox a Baylor lean?

Holmes has long been speculated as a Texas lean. Could very well be why there hasn't been much word on her recruitment.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Holmes has long been speculated as a Texas lean. Could very well be why there hasn't been much word on her recruitment.
The Prospectsnation is pay to read-so not me. I did not read the full article thus ???after Holmes. Is she visiting Texas?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
CocoHusky said:
The Prospectsnation is pay to read-so not me. I did not read the full article thus ???after Holmes. Is she visiting Texas?

Didn't read the article so don't know. Just speculating myself. I have heard Holmes and Texas several times when anyone mentions her.

Reaction Score
If she is as good as is suggested then she'll make whatever school she chooses off of this list an immediate favorite for the National Championship. It's the Wilson effect that we saw in practice this year, when SC became the #1 team in the poles without doing anything to earn it. They were never better than 3 0r 4 but because of their heralded lineup they shot to the top. Of course none of that matters because we have a National Tournament to decide who wears the crown, but the voters in every sport are enamored of statistics, and SC benefitted for two months. If Cox chooses Baylor or Louisville they will become the favorite with the experts in the post MoJeff/Stewie era.

The difference is that we still have Geno and CD, but a Durr/Cox tandem will put Louisville right there in contention. That doesn't mean that they or whomever else signs her will win one, but it would be interesting with Tuck (for one year), Butler, Williams, Nurse (for two years) KLS, Collier, Boykin, (for three years) and then Dangerfield (and beyond after that) taking on a Cox lead team (along with anyone else who fashions themselves as a contender).

But if she decides that running the floor with champions suits her then..............

Reaction Score
I can say L'ville will be a great fit for the fact she can step right in and play alongside Taj Cole and Asia Durr. UConn would be a PERFECT choice for Cox because of her style of play, a big who has an all around game and runs the floor unselfish ( I want her @Uconn)

Reaction Score
We all want her at UCONN, but we'll have to wait to see just what it is that she wants.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
From what I remember,she planned on a visit to her finalists.I could be wrong on that,being old and all.I would have more confidence in her choosing Connecticut,though,if she had made a campus visit before this coming fall/winter.Never know with young people though.Even without her,Connecticut is in an excellent position for a few years with the talent it has,and the talent that is on the way,per verbals.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
From what I remember,she planned on a visit to her finalists.I could be wrong on that,being old and all.I would have more confidence in her choosing Connecticut, though, if she had made a campus visit before this coming fall/winter.Never know with young people though.Even without her, Connecticut is in an excellent position for a few years with the talent it has,and the talent that is on the way,per verbals.
The last recruiting saga involving the # 1 recruit ended favorable for UCONN and I hope this one does as well. Maybe I 'm just being a worry wart but, 14 Months ago the 2015 number 1 recruit had also narrowed down her list of schools to a similar number as the 2016 #1. The UCONN coach had a prior commitment-something about coaching the National team and was astute enough to invite the recruit to campus prior to meeting that commitment. The 2015 #1 recruit had also announce that she planned to visit all the schools on her list prior to making a decision. Although the movie staring the 2015 #1 ended favorably for UCONN, Duke & ND are still waiting for a visit-as promised. If Cox finds what she's looking for on the Baylor visit she may never make it to UCONN so I agree with you.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Cox is likely to visit all six schools officially before deciding. Baylor will likely be an official visit, but paid for by the family, since it's the closest.

I very much doubt she would choose without visiting all schools first.

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yup. I really, really, really want her to make an official visit. Maybe the new practice facility will seal the deal. Or the people.

Reaction Score
Well in another thread I said that Cox wouldn't come here because I was sure that she was staying in Texas. I also had in the back of my mind that she was probably only considering ND as an alternative to staying home. I thought as Sonny44 does that if she was serious about considering coming to Storrs that she would have visited already. But this release of a final six list makes me hope as others do that she may still be considering UCONN. I still think it's a long shot, but who would of thought that Miss Jefferson would wind up a Huskie when she was still in Texas considering her future?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn has so much to offer and lets face it coming to Storrs and seeing all the trophies, the nostalgia, all the stars that have made UConn what they are today and meeting Geno and CD well it doesn't get any better then that. No other team can compare or even compete with that. So it comes down to what she wants. We are what we are and everybody knows about UConn. She hasn't been to UConn yet and UConn is still on her list so that keeps the UConn fans or gives the UConn fans hope. So if shes looking at a NC and going to the FF who has a better chance then playing with future team mates Dangerfield Lou Collier Tuck Nurse Butler all there to play beside her. Well imo Cox will be the last piece of that. Without Cox can UCon still win a NC? I think so. Geno will need another big and he will get one? Can another other team compete if they got Cox yes but win a NC. They still have to beat UConn and that comes down to playing defense. IMO Cox will assure UConn of 4 more NCs. Its going to come down to what she wants. Because UConn is still on her list I think a NC and FF is playing a big in her decision.

The questions I have are

If she wants to stay close to home why are there not more Texas schools on her list? Has she other thoughts like playing in the NC a big deal in her decision? If so coming to UConn will guarantee it with the players Geno already has committed.

Is she looking at these 6 thinking who could win a NC with her? If so UConn has to be at the top of her list.

After what UConn did to SC and ND last season does she see herself winning at any other school then UConn?

The question again of staying close to home. Well Baylor is the only school close to home so if thats the deciding factor then Baylor is it. But UConn appears to be so far away but when you look at their schedule how many games does UConn play close to her home ala the AAC and with all UConn games being televised it wont be hard for her parents to watch and tape the games?

Its gonna come down to what she wants and imo that has changed from what we read earlier and that is she wants to stay close to home. I believe there are more factors in her decision now then there were earlier and that being where will she have the best chance of winning a NC with teams current roster. UConns roster when she arrives will still have Tuck Butler this years freshman class and Dangerfield and company next season. That's a lot of top 5 players. No other team can say that.

Reaction Score
I look at that list of 6 schools (and the progression getting to that point) and take away that this is a person making a carefully considered decision among the best programs with the intent of developing as a player and winning championships. I like our chances, and if she saves the best for the last visit, that would be a logical progression IMO.

Reaction Score
There is going to be tremendous pressure put on Cox to go to Baylor. I'm not to optimistic that she will end up at UCONN. Hope I'm wrong!

Reaction Score
I don't see why if she hasn't visited it is probable she isn't coming to UCONN. I don't get that- at all. I suppose one can say -- "well our chances are 1-6 so that isn't good. . . "

Reaction Score
Tony C is brimming with optimism concerning a UCONN future that might include Cox at post for us for four years, and I'll be rooting along with everyone else that we win every year from now on, but we shouldn't lose site of just how difficult it is for a team to win back to back to back, and our class of '16 hasn't won the fourth one yet. There is no one player that guarentees a NC and that includes Stewie, KLS, Megan Walker or anyone else that comes along. DT did it with three freshman and a few solid players, but it takes a cohesive well-coached team to win one now.

If its Lauren's goal to hoist a trophy we're still her best bet, but even here with Geno and a stable of stars there's still plenty of competition out there and there are no sure things. (remember 2001). I hope we get her and I'm a little more optimistic than Hoophuskie but I don't think that we're the favorites.

Reaction Score
Like others have stated, I too think she's going elsewhere (probably a Texas school). She has not narrowed down her school list to a relatively few choices (say 3 or fewer) indicating that Uconn is a serious finalist. And she has not visited Uconn by now, yet has visited several other schools.

Reaction Score
Tony C is brimming with optimism concerning a UCONN future that might include Cox at post for us for four years, and I'll be rooting along with everyone else that we win every year from now on, but we shouldn't lose site of just how difficult it is for a team to win back to back to back, and our class of '16 hasn't won the fourth one yet. There is no one player that guarentees a NC and that includes Stewie, KLS, Megan Walker or anyone else that comes along. DT did it with three freshman and a few solid players, but it takes a cohesive well-coached team to win one now.

If its Lauren's goal to hoist a trophy we're still her best bet, but even here with Geno and a stable of stars there's still plenty of competition out there and there are no sure things. (remember 2001). I hope we get her and I'm a little more optimistic than Hoophuskie but I don't think that we're the favorites.

You misunderstood me. I was sort of questioning sonny and another poster that seemed to think we have little shot to get her because she has yet to visit. To me- that isn't much of a reason. SO I asked "Why should it be?"

Reaction Score
Like others have stated, I too think she's going elsewhere (probably a Texas school). She has not narrowed down her school list to a relatively few choices (say 3 or fewer) indicating that Uconn is a serious finalist. And she has not visited Uconn by now, yet has visited several other schools.

So what happens when she visits?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Getting to Uconn for a visit is a lot harder than the other schools on the list - further and not as likely to be a 'side trip' from somewhere else the family is going. And there is no mystery as to what Uconn basketball is like - there isn't a more well publicized WCBB in the country - both games and behind the scenes with SNY and ESPN programming. So ... it is not that surprising that she has yet to make it here. It sounds like she is taking her time with the decision and likely will take all of her official visits before deciding.
No idea where she will end up, and it doesn't sound to me like anyone else has either - including her coaches and family - the only 'lean' anyone reported was to a school that didn't make her final cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom