Lauren Cox- list of six colleges | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox- list of six colleges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well if you look at Jewel Loyd and Aja Wilson and you see what UConn did to their teams then you ask yourself if they couldn't win a NC and UConn is better then they were maybe if a NC is important to me I should go to UConn and if it isn't I can do what Loyd and Wilson did stay close to home and play. Its all about winning and doing something special when you have the chance. Not every player gets the chance to do something special with their life or career. UConn gives you that chance or opportunity to have the tools and team mates and coaching to get there. The rest is up to you. Maybe that's one of the many reasons for so many transfers of big named players. They know what is important to them and they cant get there where they were. Hey if we get Cox we're looking at more NCs and if we don't Geno will get somebody to play the post that will get us there. One thing is for use with the roster we have and the recruits who have committed we're a FF team and no other team can say that.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Sorry hoophuskee, it's not the first time I misunderstood a posting.

Reaction Score
The Prospects Nation lead in line says Cox and Holmes were on campus 'this week'. The actual story makes reference to the players being at the schools' elite camps, which happened two to three weeks ago. Cox went to the Baylor camp. Holmes went to the Texas camp. Both visits were well documented on social media. There are pictures of Holmes with two Texas commits, raising the hopes of Horn fans. Baylor fans are cheered by the pictures of Lauren Cox at Baylor.

Reaction Score
Read or heard almost a dozen times that Cox does NOT like the cold. When Moscow was mentioned she started shivering. ND & UConn are at a big disadvantage. Also, many posters mentioned she wanted to stay close to home. IMHO her/family (Dad) decision is going to be made on "off the court" factors. Our only hope is Lou and Collier developing a strong relationship with Cox this summer. My fingers are crossed, but I am betting Baylor.

Reaction Score
Read or heard almost a dozen times that Cox does NOT like the cold. When Moscow was mentioned she started shivering. ND & UConn are at a big disadvantage. Also, many posters mentioned she wanted to stay close to home. IMHO her/family (Dad) decision is going to be made on "off the court" factors. Our only hope is Lou and Collier developing a strong relationship with Cox this summer. My fingers are crossed, but I am betting Baylor.
Ever been in a Texas winter?? Wind will blow you 3 miles before you can stand up. Cold very cold wind. Got so cold one year the water pipes in the streets of fort worth froze up and burst. She knows cold. Ice skating at Uconn's rink is great fun--she'll like it.

Reaction Score
Don't have a whole lot of data on this, but my sense is that this is a mature youngster with a good head on her shoulders.

VERY hard for me to imagine that she would rank weather very high on the list of considerations for a four-year stint at college.

My guess is that there are LOTS of considerations that would much more important on her list. (Could see it being a larger factor if considering settling into a long-term job situation, but 8 months a year for a few years?)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well you may be right and many agree with you that she will go to Baylor but Ive got to wonder if she hit the lottery and had to come to CT to pick up her money if she would or just say forget it, its too cold????? Well imo playing for UConn is hitting the lottery and for those who choose to play for UConn understand that. Heck Rocky practiced in Moscow and I know that was a movie but it was also a lesson in winning.

Reaction Score
Ever been in a Texas winter?? Wind will blow you 3 miles before you can stand up. Cold very cold wind. Got so cold one year the water pipes in the streets of fort worth froze up and burst. She knows cold. Ice skating at Uconn's rink is great fun--she'll like it.
Broadway - just looked up Waco's ave. winter temps--night lows ave. in the 30's and daytime near 50!! Anyway, she said she doesn't like the cold. Since she said it so many times it must be something she thinks about. Same with the closeness. These are "off the court" conditions that she and her family discuss. I go by the info I receive. (Lots from great posters here.) Here is one for everyone---what has Cox ever said about going to a winner, or to the best, or part of a legacy, or a great coaching staff?? I have not seen or heard that vein of the decision much. I don't think the cold is a factor, but Cox does.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
If she doesn't,truly,like the cold,and it is a major portion of her decision,she should pick a Florida school,in my opinion.If it is to be at a school close to home,then it is Baylor.If it is to get the best coaching,with the eye on her future,it is Connecticut,Notre Dame,or Louisville,in my opinion.
All the teams she has on her six finals list,have good coaching,good players there or soon to be there.However,I truly believe Connecticut has two girls above and beyond,with no offense intended to talented players on the other finalists.
Connecticut has Lou and Collier.This is already a potential duo for dominance,and with Cox,could be almost unstoppable.Another bonus,is to learn under Butler and others who have or will excel,not only on the court,but outside of play.It all comes down to what drives you.Is it the weather,is it the closeness to home,is it winning and growing to become more than you think you could be?Lauren,seems to me,to want to become,not only the best,but an achiever of success on the court,and success comes with winning there.
All six schools have a chance,but there is only one school,that time after time,year after year,not only turns out a very good chance of a championship banner to hang with many others,it also is a proven factory of turning talented players into stars at the next level.
It would seem to me,there is really only one choice,if you want to become,that special one,and that is from going to Connecticut for four years.
Granted,it is her choice,and I always will respect that,and wish her success and satisfaction in her choice.I still feel Connecticut has to secretly lead the pack,and her official will seal it!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Seems like as good a time as any to drop this quote AGAIN, from her father. "Lauren keeps pretty much to herself so I don’t know if she’s going to go near or far, east or west, north or south, or hot or cold.”

Interesting that so many people seem to know her better than her own father.

Now granted, that quote is a little dated, but if people can derive her intentions from the articles that are publicly available, then they are far better at reading between the lines than I am.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well in another thread I said that Cox wouldn't come here because I was sure that she was staying in Texas. I also had in the back of my mind that she was probably only considering ND as an alternative to staying home. I thought as Sonny44 does that if she was serious about considering coming to Storrs that she would have visited already. But this release of a final six list makes me hope as others do that she may still be considering UCONN. I still think it's a long shot, but who would of thought that Miss Jefferson would wind up a Huskie when she was still in Texas considering her future?

I have had- and still do-- the same idea. I read here some time ago that the family is very religious. If thonsideraat is a c

Reaction Score
Seems like as good a time as any to drop this quote AGAIN, from her father. "Lauren keeps pretty much to herself so I don’t know if she’s going to go near or far, east or west, north or south, or hot or cold.”

Now granted, that quote is a little dated, but if people can derive her intentions from the articles that are publicly available, then they are far better at reading between the lines than I am.
Mr. Orangutan - I am glad you used your primal instincts to drop Cox's father's quote AGAIN. Thanks for proving the point that many posters (including myself) put out for discussion. Her father clearly stated the difficult decision that is being contemplated. And look, he states (not between the lines) that near or far and hot vs cold are part of that big decision. Notice he did not say his daughter was deciding between a male or female coach; or to win a NC for someone who never has (Louisville), or to join a racially diverse team (S. Carolina?), or to make it 8 straight if UConn does it this year. He just happened to mention the key points some posters have heard over and over. Who said they know Lauren better than her father. The peanut gallery of posters are just taking the info given and then making predictions.
Las Vegas would give good odds that --if Cox had her druthers, she would stay close and be warm! Will those two issues be the defining ones? Who knows? What about religion? Why bring that up? Maybe someone close to the family mentioned that religion has some importance to the family. What's to read between the lines? Why would I know more than her dad? Since religion was mentioned, then some inquisitive posters will do some critical thinking and follow that thread of info. Let's speculate--SC, Tenn., and Louisville are not overtly religious from what I have seen. Notre Dame is religious and so is Baylor. Perhaps that gives Baylor another plus. Since her father (I assume this is a reliable source) mentioned that Lauren keeps to herself (kind of quiet) does ND lose out because they are (the school community & alum) sometimes brash & arrogant. (I am Catholic--ND grads and parents can be overwhelming at times.) UConn has high morals/values and humility is a cherished trait--does that count?
Most posters here derive Lauren's intentions from Lauren/family/friends -- they don't have to read between the lines for some basic issues. They have been stated over and over. Your quote says it all. Thanks.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Time to reiterate a wise old adage:

"Those who don't know, talk; those who know, don't talk.

Given Geno's track record with top-rated recruits (Tamika, Diana, Maya, Elena, Breanna, Katie Lou), combined with the intensity of his pursuit of Ms Cox, I like our chances.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Orangutan,
It's all speculation whether we rely on the father's quote (your point) or other factors ( PhillyCoach's point) . Personally I don't see anything wrong with speculating. There was just as much speculating about Wilson last year. My personal pet peeve is when we question the player's desire to be great because they choose other than ND or UCONN. Everything else is fair game for speculation IMO-including the cold weather or the ability to wear your shorts rolled up.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
And look, he states (not between the lines) that near or far and hot vs cold are part of that big decision. Notice he did not say his daughter was deciding between a male or female coach; or to win a NC for someone who never has (Louisville), or to join a racially diverse team (S. Carolina?), or to make it 8 straight if UConn does it this year. He just happened to mention the key points some posters have heard over and over. Who said they know Lauren better than her father. The peanut gallery of posters are just taking the info given and then making predictions.

I don't think he states that at all. If you find the original article, the context was that he was responding to the speculation that Lauren wanted to stay close to home, so that's why he mentioned those specific issues.

Also, South Carolina is a racially diverse team? I think every player is black minus Cuevas. Maybe for "racially diverse" you meant "predominantly black"?

Look, I know I'm coming off as a scold and I like this parlor game as much as the next person (probably more). But there's just so little to go on! And the continued harping on the location issue just strikes me as misguided, especially since she just cut OU, TAMU, and Texas.

All the articles I read on her are very bland and don't seem to give any hints. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Orangutan,
It's all speculation whether we rely on the father's quote (your point) or other factors ( PhillyCoach's point) . Personally I don't see anything wrong with speculating. There was just as much speculating about Wilson last year. My personal pet peeve is when we question the player's desire to be great because they choose other than ND or UCONN. Everything else is fair game for speculation IMO-including the cold weather or the ability to wear your shorts rolled up.

Oh, I don't see anything wrong speculating either. It's just that her father says she keeps to herself and I haven't seen any hints in any of the news articles about her. I wish I had better fodder for speculation!

Reaction Score
Oh, I don't see anything wrong speculating either. It's just that her father says she keeps to herself and I haven't seen any hints in any of the news articles about her. I wish I had better fodder for speculation!
Mr. O - I gotcha on the SC diversity line! Psyche! I'm from Philly--I know what racial diversity is and IS NOT. Have a good day.

Reaction Score
I would say if she continues to make the process as theatrical as Wilson did, the odds of Geno's staying interested will get slimmer regardless whether she is interested in UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would say if she continues to make the process as theatrical as Wilson did, the odds of Geno's staying interested will get slimmer regardless whether she is interested in UConn.
As always Geno and Staff will decide if the juice (player) is worth the squeeze (effort & theatrics). Specific to Wilson, I believe it to be urban legend that Geno lost interest because of her theatrics. UCONN was interested right up until the end IMO-same with Diamond DeShields.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score

Actually, I think it is our message board speculation that may have given the appearance of theatrics. I believe Cox and her family have answered interview questions but have been very thorough and private about her leanings. I have not seen any theatrics at all.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Actually, I think it is our message board speculation that may have given the appearance of theatrics. I believe Cox and her family have answered interview questions but have been very thorough and private about her leanings. I have not seen any theatrics at all.

That was my thinking, exactly. Lauren and her father have been very tight lipped about which way she is leaning, and isn't that how it should be at this point? I am guessing that she truly does not know which school she wants to go to at this point. She has yet to enter her senior season at Flower Mound and is apparently in no rush to make a decision that she will have to live with for four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom