KML vs. KLS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KML vs. KLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for that break out game from LouConn and Napheesa because they will get their opportunities. They both seem a little lost at times. Didn't KLS brake KML record in High School? Can't see why she can't do it at college level but than again I can see why she wont. KML was a Special player for Uconn. She's a Bad Gal!!!! But she has 3 more years left with a ton of games left in her first let's see how she plays out
Do you remember the flack KML took---too slow, too big, can't move with the ball, no defense, It's a wonder KML didn't cry for 3 years at Uconn with all the rotten words written by fans or enemies---by Senior year everyone who had complained about her were lamenting losing her. Remember all these things said now about Katie Lou when she is a Senior. Cuz some kids going to come in and everyone will making bad comparisons about her with Katie Lou..

Reaction Score
I think two official games played is a bit soon to judge the the no. 1 player in high school. As another poster said it took Moriah a year to develop. Actually it was even longer than that. It took until late Dec. or January of her sophomore year before she turned her career around. We're a spoiled lot. We've had it too good for too long. I would give KLS at least a year before we start criticizing her.

Reaction Score
This thread is so stupid and pointless. She has played 2 actual games and is on a team stacked with a lot more talent than KML had her freshman year. Give her more than 2 games to make an impression.

Reaction Score
KML is a UConn legend. She never stopped scoring. She was a scoring machine from day one. The greatest 3 point shooter in NCAA history. The funny thing is that I think, KML's scoring prowess was underrated. Whenever she was needed she could just take over. If KLS is better offensively than KML, OMG!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
KML was beyond her years with smarts at UConn... spacing, positions, "extra pass"... the "kid" was a genius on the court from day one!

#LewisLaunch

open threes must be made whether its your first game or your last game... but I understand all the other adjustments that take time

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As someone brought it up, not sure why we are wringing our hands over a freshman when we should be looking at how one of our seniors is shooting - what possibly has happened to Moriah's three point shooting? She shot 50% last year from the arc and has completely lost her touch going 1-5 for 20% this year! We are doomed! Add in that her assist turnover ratio is below 2.0 rather than 3.0 and this is turning into a nightmare year for her! Some might say it is only two games into the season, but I counter it is never too soon to PANIC! :eek::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
KML was beyond her years with smarts at UConn... spacing, positions, "extra pass"... the "kid" was a genius on the court from day one!

#LewisLaunch

open threes must be made whether its your first game or your last game... but I understand all the other adjustments that take time

open threes must be made whether its your first game or your last game...
That level of demand cannot be and has not been attained by anyone. Every player has off games. To be expect otherwise is not realistic.

Reaction Score
This thread is so stupid and pointless. She has played 2 actual games and is on a team stacked with a lot more talent than KML had her freshman year. Give her more than 2 games to make an impression.

Why can't we all just get along??!! This is what happens when we have too many days between games. :(:(

Reaction Score
I guess I miss the point of this altogether. We are just into the actual season. In the first half of the season four year ago there were a few posters suggesting that Breanna just wasn't meeting expectations. She was awkward, didn't seem to know where she was going half the time, and was no more than an average shooter. In the second half she got better and better until she was a multiple MVP winner. And look at here now. Kaleena was a six foot player, a bit overweight, and not much of a defender. Sure she found her shot early but had a lot to learn and did not develop the rest at all quickly. Four year later she was a premier record holder. Lou is a six foot three slender young lady with a ton of pressure on here to become the new "three point wizard". She shows signs of becoming an excellent defensive player among other useful skills. Can't we wait a little longer before we make these comparisons?

So many times I fervently hope that the players and their families do not read some of these BY posts. How about a few GO KATY LOU!
I can't agree move. She is a little nervous and I think that when she starts to relax a bit, she will be fine. I only hope she doesn't just settle for the 3 would like to see her inside when the opportunity arises.

Reaction Score
Freshmen also have to adjust to shooting in large arenas instead of high school gyms. It's a little tougher to lock in on your target - and shooting is an art form where even a minor variance can cause results to suffer. Yes, you shoot lots and lots in empty arenas during practice, but at game speed, everything is different. It can take time.

It can also take time to adjust to the nerves of playing at a higher level, in front of large crowds and on TV.

Reaction Score
Nothing,but a gut feeling, but Lou will not be as accomplished as KML. Her shot is a little different than KML and I don't think she gets it off as fast as KML. I have a feeling she will have a career similar to Ann Strother 's career. Good but not great.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou can play. She just has not yet made the transition to being a Badass.

Ditto for Courtney and Pheese.

It will happen. Just watch, ;)
I agree with you 100%. I never make comparisons based on two measly games! It's unfair to the players as well as the fans who really believe in the players. This world is so full of comparisons that it's a shame! After at least 10 games, we will be able to make assumptions but I still wouldn't make comparisons! #DifferentStrokesForDifferentFolks

Reaction Score
What happened to Breanna after the first ten games? That's right, not much. It wasn't until the tournament that she found her rhythm. At one point she was benched. She had a rough time handling the physical play. If Katie Lou improves half that much, everyone will be happy. She's going to be an all-time great. It's just going to take some time.

Reaction Score

Thank you!!! YOU are a believer. Me too.

Reaction Score

Follow up---BA Katie Lou---did you see her knock a K.st U player on her behind under the basket??
If you watch her among the bigs she can be a pretty Bad BA. She is a pretty fair, maybe good, rebounder. I just like everything I see in Katie Lou and Napheesa .

Reaction Score
KLS is NO KML!
KLS doesn't have that shooter technique, bring the ball up to the shoulder form before taking a shot is not natural for a sharp shooter. Sorry for the bad new.
Despite the shooting form her potential is great.
Wrong foot Louie Campi. Start at 50 seconds.

Reaction Score
Nothing,but a gut feeling, but Lou will not be as accomplished as KML. Her shot is a little different than KML and I don't think she gets it off as fast as KML. I have a feeling she will have a career similar to Ann Strother 's career. Good but not great.
Lou was a superstar in high school and will be a superstar in college - possible sooner than you think. My prediction is her career will far surpass that of Ann Strother's.

Reaction Score
Lou was a superstar in high school and will be a superstar in college - possible sooner than you think. My prediction is her career will far surpass that of Ann Strother's.
Strother was also #1 for her class, so she must have been a star in high school too.

Reaction Score
Strother was also #1 for her class, so she must have been a star in high school too.
She was, but IMO she never became a "superstar" in college. After DT left Ann didn't lead the team to any more great accomplishments. I believe KLS will. We'll see I guess.

Reaction Score
Nice try. but, I still think shooting from the shoulder is a very bad habit.
There is this GUY at Uconn. He's been around just a bit. Some think he knows a tiny bit about WBB. He also has seen a few "shooters".
I don't know for sure, but my guess is---if this guy thought Katie Lou's form was bad or it should not be used, or she wasn't as advertised, as he had seen her for the last 4 years, --don't you think he'd fix it?? Oh yea, that guy is GENO>
Yet, this apparently stupid guy, if you believe the posters herein, is giving this terrible kid ---30 or so minutes in games. He'll never with 10 championships with that kind of thinking, will he?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom