Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If true, I hate to pour gasoline on the potential invasion of transfer bigs, but we recruited Gusters, and who knows what Baylor players will do now. They might follow Kim, stay put, or go elsewhere. Imagine if Smith entered the portal for example? Kim moving on is a huge change on the women's basketball landscape.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I hear from a cousin of mine in Syracuse that Q was somehow able to finagle an extra year of playing eligibility for Kim due to COVID. She will be Syracuse's point guard next year. The holdup on an announcement is due to working out the details of Kim's demand that uniforms include a jacket made from real orange peels and designed for quick removal and long-distance flinging.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I hear from a cousin of mine in Syracuse that Q was somehow able to finagle an extra year of playing eligibility for Kim due to COVID. She will be Syracuse's point guard next year. The holdup on an announcement is due to working out the details of Kim's demand that uniforms include a jacket made from real orange peels and designed for quick removal and long-distance flinging.
Hilary Duff Laughing GIF by YoungerTV

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sorta like Mike Jordan. Born in Brooklyn, NY, yet he always mentions Wilmington, North Carolina. I’ve never heard him mention Brooklyn. Only the Brooklynites/ New Yorkers(Kenny Smith) use him and his likeness for bragging rights! :D
Or like me. I was born in Schenectady and haven't been there since I was 6 months old.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Or like me. I was born in Schenectady and haven't been there since I was 6 months old.
What I always thought was cool about Schenectady was their zip code- 12345 but after GE left in late 80's, I haven't given Schenectady much thought...:oops:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The Phillies use to have a farm team in Schenectady.

Reaction Score
What I always thought was cool about Schenectady was their zip code- 12345 but after GE left in late 80's, I haven't given Schenectady much thought...:oops:
wow I wonder who has 56789?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
GE continues to operate in Schenectady, although they have significantly downsized their operations.

Reaction Score
Even though this is definitely OT Harlan Ellison, the Science Fiction writer, was famous for saying the following:

People ask me where I get my ideas. I always tell them, “Schenectady.” They look at me with confusion and I say, “Yeah, there’s this ‘idea service’ in Schenectady and every week like clockwork they send me a fresh six-pack of ideas for 25 bucks.” Every time I say that at a college lecture there’s always some schmuck who comes up to me and wants the address of the service.

"It came from Schenectady" was ultimately adopted by Barry B. Longyear for a title of a collection of his science fiction stories in the early 1980's.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
While you are correct that GE is much smaller in Schenectady now, they still have a decent sized campus. And I give them credit for doing I nice job preserving some very old buildings and updating them with leading edge technology and energy-efficiency upgrades.

There is a famous GE-Schenectady story regarding Jack Welch. Apparently, GE had an old building they no longer needed. The company emptied it out and mothballed it for future use some day. GE asked the city for a tax break on the building since it was no longer actually being used as a commercial enterprise. The request was denied several times. The story goes that Jack Welch eventually appealed to the city himself, pointing out GE's commitment to the area and the fact that it was holding onto the property for possible future growth. He was turned down yet again. Apparently that ticked Jack off quite a bit. In response to that denial, he had the building demolished. Then he sent a letter to the tax department pointing out that instead of receiving reduced tax revenue from the building, the city was receiving none. Way to make a point!

Reaction Score
Well, let's not forget Schenectady, but let's get this back on track. If Kim takes over LSU, how soon would it take for them be a final four contender? I'd say 3 years or less.

Reaction Score
Well, let's not forget Schenectady, but let's get this back on track. If Kim takes over LSU, how soon would it take for them be a final four contender? I'd say 3 years or less.
2-3 years. Gonna take multiple recruiting classes but the transfer portal could help sooner than later. LSUs roster needs to be overhauled, talent wise that is.

Reaction Score
It is now Saturday...and I have read nothing about K.M. leaving Baylor.
Mulkey overplayed her hand. It did not go well. In fact, it went badly.

She has the offer from LSU but keeps pushing back the timetable on making a final commitment. Can mean that she is still negotiating some items. Can mean that she is rethinking a rash “heat of the moment” decision.

But she faces serious fence mending to stay at Baylor. Bells cannot be unrung.

Reaction Score
ESPN reports that an announcement may be made early next week.
In other news, the sun will rise tomorrow.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
2-3 years. Gonna take multiple recruiting classes but the transfer portal could help sooner than later. LSUs roster needs to be overhauled, talent wise that is.
Wait what? I am not sure if you know this but there is now this thing called a “transfer portal” and Kim has been as effective or more so than almost anyone else in WCBB...just sayin’ :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Wait what? I am not sure if you know this but there is now this thing called a “transfer portal” and Kim has been as effective or more so than almost anyone else in WCBB...just sayin’ :rolleyes:
Can Kim hurry up so we can attempt to get Cardoso? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle