Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any truth to the rumors Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor for LSU...wild !

Reaction Score
There have been talks between both parties (coming from someone in AD department at LSU), not sold its legit until any papers are signed. LSU has not formally announced the open vacancy for a reason but this is the only name that has surfaced in the new opening.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Some in the Know are saying its a done deal. Its possible that Kim is looking for new challenges and going back home to Louisiana would meet that need. I don't think Kim would be able to out recruit Dawn and become the face of the SEC. She won't have the success that she had at Baylor at LSU

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Some in the Know are saying its a done deal. Its possible that Kim is looking for new challenges and going back home to Louisiana would meet that need. I don't think Kim would be able to out recruit Dawn and become the face of the SEC. She won't have the success that she had at Baylor at LSU
Eh we'll see. Kim is a great recruiter and there are a lot of talented kids out there. Kim develops players as well as anyone too.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't even understand why Dawn Staley per se must figure into Kim's decision. They've both built nationally elite programs from the ground up. It's okay for two great coaches and two great programs to coexist in the same conference. Why the compulsion to reduce everything to a 1-on-1 matchup with a yes-or-no outcome.

Reaction Score
I heard her on a Louisiana sports radio show from the other day and she said Louisiana would always be her home and it was just a matter of timing when she would come back...........she was cryptically non committal but I got the sense she was slightly more inclined to stay at Baylor.........I would love to see her out of there for UConn's sake......

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I heard her on a Louisiana sports radio show from the other day and she said Louisiana would always be her home and it was just a matter of timing when she would come back...........she was cryptically non committal but I got the sense she was slightly more inclined to stay at Baylor.........I would love to see her out of there for UConn's sake......
Unless you heard a different set of comments, she was nowhere near this explicit. She made a very general statement timing being a critical factor in life decisions.

"It doesn't matter where my career takes me, you always go back to your roots. My children were born in north Louisiana, my son played there at LSU. You always listen, you always are talking to people who are connected to Louisiana. I just heard this yesterday about coach Fargas leaving and not coaching. To answer your question, I had opportunities to leave Baylor, but timing in one's life is always the reason you make career decisions."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"It doesn't matter where my career takes me, you always go back to your roots. My children were born in north Louisiana, my son played there at LSU. You always listen, you always are talking to people who are connected to Louisiana. I just heard this yesterday about coach Fargas leaving and not coaching. To answer your question, I had opportunities to leave Baylor, but timing in one's life is always the reason you make career decisions."
tenor.gif

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Right now twitter is afire saying it's a done deal.

Reaction Score
Unless you're heard a different set of comments, she was nowhere near this explicit. She made a very general statement timing being a critical factor in life decisions.

yes the same conversation........did she not say that it was a matter of timing about when she would come back to La. and that she was noncommittal and talked around the idea as to whether she wanted that coaching job? I said I felt she was leaning towards not taking it based on what she said or didn't say.............just a personal opinion.........I''d be happy to be wrong believe me.........

Reaction Score

They have knowledge to some things but I don't think this they are savvy to this info.

Per LSU people, there have been backdoor talks all week and nothing is official. If something does happen, it likely wouldn't be until Monday of next week.

I just think this is too good to be true, hope I'm wrong

Reaction Score
Prediction: Kim gets a nice raise at Baylor (like she needs anymore money)

LSU is looking for another coach, or the dire option of Nikki's WNBA job falls through and ends up back in BR for one more year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Prediction: Kim gets a nice raise at Baylor (like she needs anymore money)

LSU is looking for another coach, or the dire option of Nikki's WNBA job falls through and ends up back in BR for one more year.
Or, she fulfills a heartfelt desire to cap her HOF career in her home state ... and still gets a nice raise in the process.

Reaction Score
Or, she fulfills a heartfelt desire to cap her HOF career in her home state ... and still gets a nice raise in the process.
I hope you're right, I'm just use to being let down by LSU. Considering our AD throws around money like its nothing, it wouldn't shock me to see some type of absurd contract thrown out there.

I'm in the boat right now where I feel she is extremely intrigued by the thought of finishing her career in her home state (near family and friends back home) but at the same time is very loyal and thankful to Baylor for taking such good care of her. She has the roster set up to compete for a natty next year. LSU will take 2-3 years to fix.

Reaction Score
I can’t get over the fact that she won only one championship with Brittney Greiner.
Only one.
Major failure to utilize that once in a lifetime big.
Sorry.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Uh I wouldn’t say that. LSU is a good school to recruit players to because they have a lot of resources probably even more than Baylor. Plus she is well connected in Louisiana; and has been able to get players from LSU in their own backyard (Kalani Brown, Moon Ursin, Sophia Young)

Reaction Score
Geno should have hired her so she could experience New England's fine Weather! did I mention it snowed again today?

Reaction Score
Dunno where she was born, but she was raised and went to Jr High & High school in Louisiana.
Yes she moved to Louisiana for junior high, but spent the first decade of her life in the town next door to KLS's.

Reaction Score
Some in the Know are saying its a done deal. Its possible that Kim is looking for new challenges and going back home to Louisiana would meet that need. I don't think Kim would be able to out recruit Dawn and become the face of the SEC. She won't have the success

If Kim goes to LSU not only is she going home but she is coming back with a resume that only Geno Auriemma can top in the last 15yrs. You have this backwards: can Dawn Staley hang with Kim Mulkey is more like it. The level of talent that KM has sifted through that Baylor program year in and year out is beyond impressive, I wouldn't bet against the Bayou's favorite girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom