Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread] | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The golden ducky forgot to mention the newly retired pickle from Indiana in his list of runner-ups. I can't for the life of me imagine why.

Congratulations to Kim. I wish her and the flying wardrobe well in their next exciting adventure.
In January 2020 I got to watch in person as a Fargas-coached LSU team dismantled a chronically overrated Kentucky team. A good time was had by all.

I'm already buzzing at the thought that my next visit to the Pete Maravich Assembly Center will be to see a Kim Mulkey-coached LSU Tigers team dismantle a visiting squad.

Reaction Score
I wonder what Alabama grad-transfer PG Jordan Lewis is thinking right now after just signing with Baylor last week . . . ?

Most unfortunately, and I do mean that, in the world of college sports (BUSINESS), she becomes collateral damage.
Hopefully, and I do not know all of the rules (who does?), maybe she can withdraw her transfer to Baylor, and recommit to a program that better suits her goals (if this changes that).
Only fair.

Reaction Score
Kim is definitely the highest paid women’s basketball coach now. She probably wrote her new contract herself.

Reaction Score
Paige just asked Zia on IG live if she thinks Nalyssa will leave Baylor lol. What’s y’all’s thoughts?

Reaction Score
The golden ducky forgot to mention the newly retired pickle from Indiana in his list of runner-ups. I can't for the life of me imagine why.

Congratulations to Kim. I wish her and the flying wardrobe well in their next exciting adventure.
It would not have made sense to mention Muffet given she is not coaching so definitely does not deserve to be highest paid. coach. The only two coaches that could make an argument to be paid more than Mulkey are Geno and Tara which is why I mentioned them along with my irrelavant fact.

Still when Niele leads ND to win 3 NCs or more than she'd probably deserve that salary (even though ND would be too cheap to give her that). If Niele can even win 1 NC at ND she would be the only one that would match Mulkey's feat as "the only person in college basketball history – men's or women's – to win national championships as a head coach, assistant coach and a player." (per the LSU press release).

One can dream.

Reaction Score
Interested Ru Paul GIF

Reaction Score
Most unfortunately, and I do mean that, in the world of college sports (BUSINESS), she becomes collateral damage.
Hopefully, and I do not know all of the rules (who does?), maybe she can withdraw her transfer to Baylor, and recommit to a program that better suits her goals (if this changes that).
Only fair.
Only fair.
I think , if she hasn’t enrolled and attended a class, that she can go anywhere.

Reaction Score
Three-time NCAA champion coach Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor for LSU job

Kim Mulkey, a three-time NCAA champion coach at Baylor, will head home to take the head coaching job at LSU, the school announced on Sunday afternoon. It's a major shake-up in the women's college coaching ranks after more than a decade of Big 12 conference domination for Baylor.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They also gave her credit for being an assistant coach at La Tech for 15 years back the, Still looks the same.

They also gave her credit for being an Academic All-American. Somehow I don't think her skill at writing English papers was the thing that got her in the HOF.

And if you think she still looks the same, might be time to update the lens prescription.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They also gave her credit for being an Academic All-American. Somehow I don't think her skill at writing English papers was the thing that got her in the HOF.
She wins four State Championships at Hammond High, and graduates valedictorian with a perfect 4.0 GPA which is pretty cool

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
BIggest shockwave of a coaching move since 2007????

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I guess Kim didn't want to play Geno for a few years and decided to go home to BR. Kinda feel sorry for the new Baylor coach. Wonder how many of the players transfer with her to LSU?

Reaction Score
Geno will be challenged next year with his roster size. Speaking of roster size, I saw on Volnation that LSU has a full roster of scholarship players now with six freshmen recruits on the way. The talk of Baylor transferees is way premature. LSU would have to have significant transfers out to accommodate the Baylor players. Stay tuned.....

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think , if she hasn’t enrolled and attended a class, that she can go anywhere.
That makes sense unless there is paperwork akin to a NLI that the NCAA requires transfers to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom