Kiah Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Gus Mahler said:
Because of her, my interest in the WNBA went from zero to marginal! :D

So when Maya joined the Lynx...nothing??

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So when Maya joined the Lynx...nothing??

Maya got the ball rolling for me. That is when I really began to take interest in the league. I became a Lynx fan when she joined the league. I've been following her since. I'm also a Sparks fan (the local team for me).

I follow all of the recent UConn grads now. I love the WNBA. The WNBA reduces the sorrow and lament of having WCBB come to an abrupt end in June. June to November is a long time to go without women's basketball. The WNBA fills some of that void.

I was disappointed with the way the Storm treated KML this past season. I'm looking for a 180 degree difference with respect to the way team management treats her, and utilizes her talents. The number 3 pick in the draft is not supposed to be glued to the bench unless she's hurt. I know what the issue(s) were.
She did not get off the bench until 2/3 of the season was over. I expect those issues to be resolved by the time KML reports to camp this summer.

I follow the WNBA now with great interest. If you enjoy WCBB, you can become a fan of the WNBA too. There are some ladies that can straight out BALL!!! I subscribe to WNBA all access (only $14 for the entire season), so that I can see all of the games of interest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, Kiah had her best game in a losing effort. She played 40 minutes, 17 pts, 19 rebounds, 2 blocks.
Her team played without 6-5 Amber Harris which accounts for Kiah playing 40 minutes. My friend
did not know why Harris did not play. Kiah scored 17 of the teams 45 points.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Because of her, my interest in the WNBA went from zero to marginal! :D

C'mon man, you can do better than that. I'll slide over to make room for you. Get on the bus.........Gus.
Help us cheer Kiah and the Liberty on to a WNBA championship.

That thought is not to far fetched. Remember, they finished 1 series short of making it to the WNBA championship round last year. The Lynx beat the Fever for the championship. Last season, the Liberty knocked on the door. Next year, they'll kick it in. Go Kiah, Go Liberty. :D

Reaction Score
WOW! TRIPLE DOUBLE--Kiah had a unbelievable game in a 77-80 loss. She had 21 points,
27 rebounds, 11 blocks in an overtime game which she played 50 minutes. Amber Harris did
not play, so Kiah played every minute. With out a doubt, her best game as a Pro. Nice going Kiah.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
WOW! TRIPLE DOUBLE--Kiah had a unbelievable game in a 77-80 loss. She had 21 points,
27 rebounds, 11 blocks in an overtime game which she played 50 minutes. Amber Harris did
not play, so Kiah played every minute. With out a doubt, her best game as a Pro. Nice going Kiah.
Wow! Taking us back to the days of Chamberlain and Russell!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what they're saying, but I think they're impressed. The crowd is kinda quiet, it must be an away game.

Also, from the chairwoman of the paint herself...

Kiah12.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Kiah is very capable of averaging a triple double in the WNBA as well.

I could show her how...

Reaction Score
Kiah's team has played 8 games decided by 2 points or less, going 5-3 in those games.

Kiah's last 5 game stats:
Points Score
19 -- 70-69 Win OT
5 --- 57-58 Loss
5 --- 52-51 Win
13 -- 75-80 Loss
10 -- 77-49 Win

Reaction Score
Kiah scores 14 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks in a 69-63 win over the first place team
Her team is now 11-11. My friend says she played well in 22 minutes of play.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Kiah scores 14 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks in a 69-63 win over the first place team
Her team is now 11-11. My friend says she played well in 22 minutes of play.

I am pretty sure that the only reason she has 2 blocks in any of these games is because opposing players have decided they want no part of Kiah Stokes and are keeping the ball out of her vicinity at all costs!

The Long Arm of Kiah is very long indeed........

kiah blocking EDD.jpg

Kiah blocking [guess Who]

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that the only reason she has 2 blocks in any of these games is because opposing players have decided they want no part of Kiah Stokes and are keeping the ball out of her vicinity at all costs!

The Long Arm of Kiah is very long indeed...

View attachment 11714

Kiah blocking [guess Who]
What's her name DellaDonn or something like that?

Love the pic BTW.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

I'll bet Geno is shaking his head. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes is doing well. She has been really good with the rebounds and blocked shots.
She is second in the league in rebounding and leads the league in blocked shots with 2.3 a game.
My friend tells me she has really stepped up defensively.

Kiah's last 5 games:

14 pts 15 rb 1 blk
11 pts 8 rb 3 blk
8 pts 15 rb 8 blk
10 pts 14 rb 2 blk
13 pts 17 rb 4 blk

Reaction Score
Kiah continues to up her averages. Amber Harris has not played in the last 3 games, all losses.
Kiah has scored 19 and 14 points and 11 and 9 rebounds, 1 and 2 blocks in the last two games.

Her team has lost the last 4 games and has dropped in the standing from second place to
1/2 game out of 5th place. Her team has recently signed Asia Taylor 6-1 Forward to beef up
the scoring as the team has only scored 42,58,55 and 52 in their last 4 losses.

Reaction Score
My friend tells me that Kiah had 13 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks. After losing 4 games in
a row, they beat the first place team. For the season so far she is averaging 10.5 points and 9.9
rebounds a game. She is closing in on a season of averaging a double double.

I would think her confidence will be shy high when she returns to the NY Liberty for her second
season.

Reaction Score
My friend tells me that Kiah had 13 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks. After losing 4 games in
a row, they beat the first place team. For the season so far she is averaging 10.5 points and 9.9
rebounds a game. She is closing in on a season of averaging a double double.

I would think her confidence will be shy high when she returns to the NY Liberty for her second
season.
Her confidence was usually shy high at UCONN also.

Reaction Score
First off, I want to give a shout-out to Sarg who is serving in the US Military in S.Korea
and getting us all the season long stats on Kiah Stokes. Sarg has become a Uconn fan and kept
us up to date on Kiah's progress in South Korea. Thanks again Sarg.

Kiah's latest gem is 19 points, 13 rebounds and 6 blocks in a team win. Her season ave is now 10.8
points per game, 10 rebounds, and a league leading 2.5 blocks per gaame

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
First off, I want to give a shout-out to Sarg who is serving in the US Military in S.Korea
and getting us all the season long stats on Kiah Stokes. Sarg has become a Uconn fan and kept
us up to date on Kiah's progress in South Korea. Thanks again Sarg.

Kiah's latest gem is 19 points, 13 rebounds and 6 blocks in a team win. Her season ave is now 10.8
points per game, 10 rebounds, and a league leading 2.5 blocks per gaame
Kiah Stokes, who recorded a triple-double and now averages a double-double. Way to go, Kiah! We'll see you this summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom