Kiah Stokes | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After a slow start for her South Korean team, Kiah has begun to get comfortable with her new team.
Kiah had 4 pts and 6 pts in her first two games which they lost. She then scored 13 pts and 17 pts
in her next two games which they won. Kiah also had 5 blocks in her last game. She is now averaging
10 pts, 5 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 19.8 minutes per game.

I was very surprised that she only scored 10 total pts in her first two games but I guess there was
a little adjustment period. It looks like that adjustment period has ended.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Love Kiah and I think she was the steal of the draft. I really do think the sky is the limit for this kid (she has so much potential) and the fact that she's been expanding her game (hitting the occasional 3 like Dolson) makes her that much more dynamic. I don't really think she has Olympian potential, but I'm betting 3-4 years down the road (if she continues to develop the way she has), she will at least get some consideration. Point is - I think she's that good (or has that much potential).

Reaction Score
Here's a video of Kaleena hitting a game winning shot at the buzzer for her French team.:) Unfotunately, the vuvuzela is not limited to soccer games.:eek:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
#23 with the game-winner. Ask the Indiana Fever about that.

Way to go, K!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Love Kiah and I think she was the steal of the draft. I really do think the sky is the limit for this kid (she has so much potential) and the fact that she's been expanding her game (hitting the occasional 3 like Dolson) makes her that much more dynamic. I don't really think she has Olympian potential, but I'm betting 3-4 years down the road (if she continues to develop the way she has), she will at least get some consideration. Point is - I think she's that good (or has that much potential).

I'm still drinking that Kiah kool aide too homie (I'm just 90 miles north of you in the Inland Empire). I expect we'll see a somewhat different Kiah Stokes next season. She won't be a finished product, but I expect her to be a little more forceful on the offensive end of the court, and a lot more comfortable playing at the professional level. Mo's been my favorite player since the Baylor game 2 years ago. Kiah is my second favorite. Go Kiah. :)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm still drinking that Kiah kool aide too homie (I'm just 90 miles north of you in the Inland Empire). I expect we'll see a somewhat different Kiah Stokes next season. She won't be a finished product, but I expect her to be a little more forceful on the offensive end of the court, and a lot more comfortable playing at the professional level. Mo's been my favorite player since the Baylor game 2 years ago. Kiah is my second favorite. Go Kiah. :)
May the Kool-Aid flow evermore!

Reaction Score
Kiah had 4 pts and 9 rebounds in a 57-48 win in her 5th game. Her team is now 3-2 after
losing their first 2 games. Not a great offensive output but they got the win.

Reaction Score
Kiah's team has lost their last two games, one by 2 pts and the last one by 5 pts. Kiah scored 13 and 13
pts in the two games. She had 15 rebounds in her last game. She did miss 5 of 8 FT's in the last game
that they lost by 5. She is now averaging 10.0 pts and 7.9 rebounds per game. She also had 7 blocks
in the last two games. This was after she posted a picture of her translator telling her the coach
wants her to block more shots. She is also sporting a new tattoo on her left arm. I think Geno paid
for it. LOL

Her team now has a record of 3-4.

Reaction Score
Kiah had 4 pts and 9 rebounds in a 57-48 win in her 5th game. Her team is now 3-2 after
She influences games in other ways besides scoring a lot of points. She will dominate that league defensively.

The offense will come...

BTW...LOVE that gal!

Reaction Score
Kiah scores 8 pts, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks in a 62-61 win. Team is now 4-4

Reaction Score
Kiah played only 12 minutes in a 64-66 loss. She had zero baskets, 3-4 FT's for 3 pts. 1 rebound,
2 to's. I don't know if she is injured or why she only played 12 minutes. My friend in Korea did
not know her status.

Her team has now lost the last 4 out of the last 5 games.

Reaction Score
Here's a video of Kaleena hitting a game winning shot at the buzzer for her French team.:) Unfotunately, the vuvuzela is not limited to soccer games.:eek:

I dunno. I'm a vuvu fan.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Kiah bounced back with a 13 pt, 13 rebound, 6 block 65-63win. I don't know if she was injured but she played limited
minutes in her two previous games.
Thanks for sharing this info, mrmojack. It's so pleasing whenever Kiah does well.

Reaction Score
Kiah had 13 pts on 6-6 shooting, 8 rebounds in a loss. My friend in Korea says she has now
scored 13 and 13 in the last two games since her previous two games with limited minutes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

BG's Chinese team did not do a very good job of incorporating her into their offense so this could be a similar situation. And I found that the guards are going to take the lion's share of the shots.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Kiah bounced back with a 13 pt, 13 rebound, 6 block 65-63win. I don't know if she was injured but she played limited
minutes in her two previous games.

Bad Kimshi.. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Lousy film quality, but super central character.

Even though it's in Korean, I can still hear the Doris Burke-like enthusiasm in the commentator's voice at that one double-block sequence.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
BG's Chinese team did not do a very good job of incorporating her into their offense so this could be a similar situation. And I found that the guards are going to take the lion's share of the shots.

Even though this may be the case, Kiah will still get more touches in Korea on offense, than she did at UConn or with the Liberty. More touches = more confidence.
More confidence = more of a willingness to shoot. More shot attempts = more baskets made = more points, and this means helping your team win.

Even though she is a half a world away, I remain as big a Kiah fan as ever!! I became a Liberty fan this year because of her. :D

Reaction Score
Even though this may be the case, Kiah will still get more touches in Korea on offense, than she did at UConn or with the Liberty. More touches = more confidence.
More confidence = more of a willingness to shoot. More shot attempts = more baskets made = more points, and this means helping your team win.

Even though she is a half a world away, I remain as big a Kiah fan as ever!! I became a Liberty fan this year because of her. :D
Kiah seems to be playing with more confidence and looking to score in Korea. I also became a Liberty
fan for the same reason. I watched all her games this past summer. I think coach Bill will be pleased
with her new confidence this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69