Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 845 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
You keep giving the same wrong take over and over. You should stick to Matlock or whatever else it is you watch, grandpa.
Ahhh...D-baggery at it's finest. Thought this was UConn fans discussing and debating in a civil manner. Just cause you are the smartest guy in the room doesn't mean you have to demean the rest of us lower beings.

Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Ahhh...D-baggery at it's finest. Thought this was UConn fans discussing and debating in a civil manner. Just cause you are the smartest guy in the room doesn't mean you have to demean the rest of us lower beings.

Go Huskies!!

If there was a Boneyard Hall of Shame he might be the unanimous first induction. It's all good.

Reaction Score
Big 12 got Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah. All AAU by the way.

No, Texas and Oklahoma cannot be replaced from a football standpoint but I think many are undervaluing the Corner 4 by a lot. Big 12 just picked up 33% of the PAC 12 which is not too shabby. And those Corner 4 will now be playing many games in Texas and Florida.
Yes, there is truth to that. Those were good additions, although obviously I would have rather seen UConn go. Definitely upgrades from the UCF/Cinci round of expansion.

But I still say, not good enough to draw teams from the ACC even after the ACC loses its top programs.

Of course, we are all just guessing here.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Go Huskies!!

It is more just me busting Zoo's stones. We can't stand each other, but I think some of the call back jokes between us are pretty funny.

Reaction Score
It's a "depleted" Big12, too.

After TX and OK leave, who is the big brand/ratings draw in that conference? Which teams will be perennial contenders for a natty?
It's not about nattys for the Big12; they really don't have any program that has that aspiration often or at all. It's about having a competitive conference that is well balanced without weaklings. That competitiveness top to bottom keeps people watching (and they do!); similar to the parity in the NFL where half or more of the teams are fighting for a playoff spot down to the last game or two of the season.

Reaction Score
For a while at least, any leftover schools are going to be sitting on a windfall of exit fees and GOR buyouts. That will probably create an economic incentive to stay in the ACC in the near term.
I hear you and it might be a big enough windfall but it also might not because if the player pay salary cap is set at 20-30m per year and the next 2-4 ACC brands after FSU/Clemson (e.g. UNC, Miami, etc.) might decide they want to leave as well; especially if ESPN lets their option go bye bye-bye and there is no GOR payment to worry about.

GG

Reaction Score
Greg Flugar’s Peek Around the Corner discussed the SEC’s interest in Kansas if they go to 20 teams in the future. He also discussed the value of basketball increasing, on both the men’s and women’s side, and that it was “going to affect UCONN.” He went on to say he does not have time to talk about UCONN during his podcast. Not certain exactly what this means, but potentially something of interest.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Greg Flugar’s Peek Around the Corner discussed the SEC’s interest in Kansas if they go to 20 teams in the future. He also discussed the value of basketball increasing, on both the men’s and women’s side, and that it was “going to affect UCONN.” He went on to say he does not have time to talk about UCONN during his podcast. Not certain exactly what this means, but potentially something of interest.
Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So two schools to the SEC; UConn and Kansas.... FSU & Clemson will have to wait. Sounds good.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not certain he meant that, but sounds good. Wish he provided a little more information. Greg has been extremely accurate in the past, so I would have liked to hear a little more.
I don't think he did either.

But didn't have time? It would take 1 minute to summarize whatever he had to share, thing is he'd rather save it for another "show."

UConn is at the peak of its value this summer. Hopefully something happens.

GG

Reaction Score
I don't think he did either.

But didn't have time? It would take 1 minute to summarize whatever he had to share, thing is he'd rather save it for another "show."

UConn is at the peak of its value this summer. Hopefully something happens.
Yeah, his focus was on KU. I cannot help but think it has something to do with the big 12, but obviously I do not know for certain. I cannot see either the Big 10 or the SEC having any interest in us whatsoever. Basically he saying the ACC will fall apart, so I don’t see why we would want to be part of that. Now that the SEC commissioner is saying basketball will be a money maker, people are listening (as opposed to when Yormark was saying that last year).

Reaction Score
Yeah, his focus was on KU. I cannot help but think it has something to do with the big 12, but obviously I do not know for certain. I cannot see either the Big 10 or the SEC having any interest in us whatsoever. Basically he saying the ACC will fall apart, so I don’t see why we would want to be part of that. Now that the SEC commissioner is saying basketball will be a money maker, people are listening (as opposed to when Yormark was saying that last year).
I assume this is inferring that the P3-4 are going to take over the Basketball tournament like Football, excluding or severely limiting non P?2-3 Conference access. Does the NCAA realize any revenue from CFP??

"Big Ten and SEC 29% of the upcoming contract, sources told CBS Sports, which works out to approximately $22 million per school. The ACC will receive 17% ($13-14 million per school) and the Big 12 will sit around 15% ($12 million per school).Mar 15, 2024"

I know this has been discussed, where do you think we are timewise in relation to this possible outcome?

GG

Reaction Score
I assume this is inferring that the P3-4 are going to take over the Basketball tournament like Football, excluding or severely limiting non P?2-3 Conference access. Does the NCAA realize any revenue from CFP??

"Big Ten and SEC 29% of the upcoming contract, sources told CBS Sports, which works out to approximately $22 million per school. The ACC will receive 17% ($13-14 million per school) and the Big 12 will sit around 15% ($12 million per school).Mar 15, 2024"

I know this has been discussed, where do you think we are timewise in relation to this possible outcome?
I am not certain. Looks like I am going to have to start listening to Peak Around the Corner.

Reaction Score

Those clowns all have it in for the ACC and they make up all kinds of stuff and Greg Fluguar is the epitome of "Non Key" right there we MHVer and has no place on this thread. Please delete.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If KU goes to the big 10, I could see the big 12 being interested in Connecticut as a potential replacement. That's not necessarily my first choice, by a wide margin, but "any port will do in a storm."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom