Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 79 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Santa J. Ono ‏@PrezOno · 6h6 hours ago
I awoke from a dream with the sound of rain pelting the roof. I was dreaming about Noah's Ark. Two Bearcats were getting on the Ark.

Santa J. Ono
@PrezOno
28th President of the University of Cincinnati.

My God he's corny, but I'm sure he keeps their fans hopes alive.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I awoke from a dream with the sound of rain pelting the roof. I was dreaming about Noah's Ark. Two Bearcats were getting on the Ark.

Santa J. Ono
@PrezOno

The B12 must not have the same privacy clauses as the B1G. If Cincinnati doesn't have an invite already, this is some serious public begging.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Santa J. Ono
@PrezOno

That guy is really odd.

Reaction Score

Santa J. Ono
@PrezOno
Wow. Ono is one ridiculous tweet away from being The Dude of Cincinnati and getting bumped to the non-key tweet thread? Even if there's something there....he's the President of a major University.

Reaction Score

Santa J. Ono
@PrezOno
He is a straight up EDP!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He is a straight up EDP!!!
EDP - Emotionally Disturbed Person (NYPD). Yeah, you're probably right.

Reaction Score
@gkketch: Next @YSportsRadio: I've changed my tune on the Big 12's future after yesterday. Time to go to invest in Florida. http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/listen/

@AnwarRichardson: Listening to @gkketch on @YSportsRadio and he says the Big 12 needs to add University of South Florida and UCF to make 12 teams. Makes sense

@gkketch is Geoff Ketchum the owner of often UT mouthpiece Orangeblood.com

Dooley

Reaction Score
I've thought for a while that if the B12 was serious about expanding for football and TV, they'd do a double FL addition of UCF/USF along with Cincinnati and BYU. That doesn't bode well for us, but it would be a monster football/TV addition. The Tampa and Orlando markets are both very good sized markets, it adds a heck of a lot of FL recruiting exposure, both schools have very large undergrad populations, and it brings in an already established rivalry. The basketball would be further diluted but the B12 doesn't strike me as a conference that is overly concerned with any sport not named football. Bottom line: I think USF/UCF makes far more sense for the B12 than any combo that includes Memphis, Houston, SMU.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've thought for a while that if the B12 was serious about expanding for football and TV, they'd do a double FL addition of UCF/USF along with Cincinnati and BYU. That doesn't bode well for us, but it would be a monster football/TV addition. The Tampa and Orlando markets are both very good sized markets, it adds a heck of a lot of FL recruiting exposure, both schools have very large undergrad populations, and it brings in an already established rivalry. The basketball would be further diluted but the B12 doesn't strike me as a conference that is overly concerned with any sport not named football. Bottom line: I think USF/UCF makes far more sense for the B12 than any combo that includes Memphis, Houston, SMU.
I happen to agree with you. Others will dismiss the notion of adding the 4th and 5th FL football programs, but I think the powers that be are thinking about the long run. Florida's growth shows no signs of abating - there will be room for 5 programs, particularly because unlike Texas, they will be split across three conferences instead of concentrated in one. All that said, I still don't think Texas and its nutty politicians will allow 4 non Texas teams and so...nothing will happen for a long while to come.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I happen to agree with you. Others will dismiss the notion of adding the 4th and 5th FL football programs, but I think the powers that be are thinking about the long run. Florida's growth shows no signs of abating - there will be room for 5 programs, particularly because unlike Texas, they will be split across three conferences instead of concentrated in one. All that said, I still don't think Texas and its nutty politicians will allow 4 non Texas teams and so...nothing will happen for a long while to come.

Agree - what makes sense to everyone all over the country and what the B12 does/doesn't do are two very separate things entirely. If there is ever a conference that has seemingly taken a page out of the old Big East playbook on how to run your conference into the ground, the B12 seems to be up to the task.

Reaction Score
All that said, I still don't think Texas and its nutty politicians will allow 4 non Texas teams and so...nothing will happen for a long while to come.

Replace Cincy w/ Houston. They are doing all the right things to get noticed as well. New hires and dumping noodles into infrastructure.

Reaction Score
Buffalo and UMASS would be the best adds IMO if any two schools defect.
That SHOULD get us a couple extra wins each year.

But.... you know about 'woulda' and 'shoulda'...

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 wants to expand, it shouldn't be incremental, it should be radical and earth shaking.

UCF, USF
Cincy, Memphis
BYU, UConn
Now that's thinking...therefore it won't happen!! It would be an instant hit nationally and rejuvenate the schools AND conference. As is noone outside Texas/Okie/Kansas about the "flyover conference". They need fresh blood and National eyeballs. It would IMO easily surpass the P12 as the #3 conference. Why do simple fans like us see these things but conference honcho's paid too don't see it? You can't eat tradition as much as we love it. Its like if the ACC took RU/UConn...instant lockdown in one move of the NE but it was too brilliant in its simplicity for Swoffy to see so lets play it safe with a few privates with little to no growth potential!?! That still aggravates me that they take us fans as stupid!! Well at least they"ACC" have a national network...ACCDN on Youtube !!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 wants to expand, it shouldn't be incremental, it should be radical and earth shaking.

UCF, USF
Cincy, Memphis
BYU, UConn

Sounds like a winning idea to me. Just call fox and start running the numbers. If need be, all six new schools could take a second tier payout for the remainder of the Fox contract.

Yes, it would be the least cohesive of the P5 conferences, but I think it could make up for that by having an intriguing set of markets. Obviously there will be tremendous pressure within Texas to make room for Houston. Hard to see how such an addition would really add to the tv $$ when the B12 already has Baylor, TT, TCU and UT.

As it has been said many times before. We need to announce plans to expand our stadium. Just announce the plans and release drawings. Suiters will want to see that a bigger stadium is in the works.

Reaction Score
Maybe you could switch 1 of the Fla schools or Memphis for a Houston concession to UT but new life is all they can do to rejuvenate a stagnant semi isolated conference from a OBE fate. Something 's got to give before their TV deals expire for the B12 to survive in CR...or the ISU , KSU and TCU's are in big trouble.

Reaction Score
Buffalo and UMASS would be the best adds IMO if any two schools defect.

Buffalo is solid, but UMass doesn't really bring anything I'd want. I'd take ODU, LA Tech, WKU, or Marshall before I'd look at UMass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom