Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 57 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
funniest part of this - Diaco having trouble wrapping the football present. So true!
They cut it out but in the original video Diaco explains that the football was in terrible shape before he came in to wrap it, that the first three attempts to wrap it were really just practice, that he believes he made great progress in each attempt to wrap it and that he hopes to be able to bring in new talent so that he can wrap it next year.

Reaction Score
I have been to Cincinnati and everyone there seemed dense to me.
And their one culinary claim to fame is cinnamon flavored chili on top of a plate of spaghetti, these people are seriously effed up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Like i was pointing out on that memphis deal and fedex, i think pg's advertising budget is annually in the multi billions of dollars which is in large part tv/media spent. The likelihood southern ohio/cincy is shutout of the power conf. situation in fball is minimal. Things down here work on the quiet. However, you do not have to be a sage to realize who is ultimately funding these tv contracts to begin with. Push back eventually occurs in due time.

Southern Ohio isn't shut out because it is represented by Ohio State, and in parts of metro Cincy, U Kentucky. Nobody gives a crap about U Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
I can tell you i've lived down here for over 7 years, and that's not true. OSU fans are ridiculed heavily down here, and Ky is primarily in Northern Ky. There's an entire anti columbus attitude in cincy as the state govt is headquartered there, and the southern ohio population feels that part of the state north is getting more benefits than the southern portion, which includes the osu budget vs other state schools, research grants, etc. It even extends to the high school playoffs in fball and bball which are almost exclusively in cbus or northern ohio in spite of the fact that southern ohio teams win most of them. Southern Ohio is not accommodating to OSU or Cleveland for that matter, for numerous reasons.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I can tell you i've lived down here for over 7 years, and that's not true. OSU fans are ridiculed heavily down here, and Ky is primarily in Northern Ky. There's an entire anti columbus attitude in cincy as the state govt is headquartered there, and the southern ohio population feels that part of the state north is getting more benefits than the southern portion, which includes the osu budget vs other state schools, research grants, etc. It even extends to the high school playoffs in fball and bball which are almost exclusively in cbus or northern ohio in spite of the fact that southern ohio teams win most of them. Southern Ohio is not accommodating to OSU or Cleveland for that matter, for numerous reasons.
I don't know, I have spent a lot of time in Cincinnati and J saw a lot of Louisville, Kentucky and OSU gear. I really wonder what there is to gain by adding Cincinnati. ..much like Memphis, it seems like covered ground (not to mention they also have two professional teams competing for dollars and eyes).

Reaction Score
They cut it out but in the original video Diaco explains that the football was in terrible shape before he came in to wrap it, that the first three attempts to wrap it were really just practice, that he believes he made great progress in each attempt to wrap it and that he hopes to be able to bring in new talent so that he can wrap it next year.

I thought he was simply gift wrapping another victory for our opponents.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Mun Y. Choi, UConn Provost
MunY Choi, UConn Provost
Money Choi, UConn Provost
Money UConn?
UConnMoney!

Whoa, how did it take me so long to work that out?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Mun Y. Choi, UConn Provost
MunY Choi, UConn Provost
Money UConn
UConnMoney?

Whoa, how did it take me so long to work that out?

The first post of the day that made me spill coffee because of laughter. Well played, Kitty.

Reaction Score
Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 2h2 hours ago
Smokey the Sportswriter here. For the record, want to stamp out any fire about B12 expansion at the moment.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN · 5h 5 hours ago
Steve Pederson out as Pittsburgh athletic director

Too bad that this, Chryst going to Wisconsin (could have happened, Wisconsin was interested in Chryst 2 years ago; but, Chryst just took the Pitt job the year before and did not want to do that) and Pederson leaving. Would Pitt have gotten the support needed to replace UConn on the ACC's radar even with BC's politicking? Ah, only if...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If the B1G can improve its football profile (with Meyer & Harbaugh, OSU-Michigan should again be the highest profile rivalry) there will be less pressure on new additions being required to upgrade the conference's football. This is very helpful to schools like UConn and Kansas.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If the B1G can improve its football profile (with Meyer & Harbaugh, OSU-Michigan should again be the highest profile rivalry) there will be less pressure on new additions being required to upgrade the conference's football. This is very helpful to schools like UConn and Kansas.

I can follow this logic. As long as a conference's traditional powers are, well, powerful, then everything else can fall into place. I think a dream scenario would be to have OSU-Michigan back at the top with a ton of east coast TV sets to broadcast to.

As long as B1G football is good, and UCONN can prove it can be fairly competitive in it (which I think we can), then that would help T1 negotiating rights. When it's time to factor in basketball (i.e. - year-round content), then UCONN's value skyrockets. That's the thinking, anyways.

Reaction Score
I can follow this logic. As long as a conference's traditional powers are, well, powerful, then everything else can fall into place. I think a dream scenario would be to have OSU-Michigan back at the top with a ton of east coast TV sets to broadcast to.

As long as B1G football is good, and UCONN can prove it can be fairly competitive in it (which I think we can), then that would help T1 negotiating rights. When it's time to factor in basketball (i.e. - year-round content), then UCONN's value skyrockets. That's the thinking, anyways.
I think that logic is awesome. Especially when compared to the ACC. The ACC has Florida State and Clemson which isn't nearly as big as Ohio State vs. Michigan/Penn State/Nebraska/Wisconsin and it went and added Syracuse.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom