Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 55 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
"Say, can I sit with you guys? Promise not to ask any pertinent questions. I just need to sit with you for 60 seconds (and take a selfie) so that I can tweet about it later."

pj

Reaction Score
"Say, can I sit with you guys? Promise not to ask any pertinent questions. I just need to sit with you for 60 seconds (and take a selfie) so that I can tweet about it later."

"Hey do you guys know the way to the rest room? Thanks."

Reaction Score
@gyoung5179 @gyoung5179 · 4h 4 hours ago
Ok ok @McMurphyESPN we get it. But it almost seems like you have something to lose if B12 does expand. Going out of your way. Agenda much?

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN · 4h 4 hours ago
@gyoung5179 no agenda. number of reports Big 12 looking to expand. I don’t lose anything if they expand, could care less, but they won't

gyoung5179 @gyoung5179 · 4h 4 hours ago
If the B12 expands by adding BYU/Cincy or Cincy/UCF, does this have any negative impact for ESPN? Is it positive for FOX? Idk. Im asking

gyoung5179 ‏@gyoung5179 · 4h4 hours ago
@McMurphyESPN So if they were expanding but wanted to keep quiet until it was official, do you honestly think they would tell ESPN?

Brett McMurphyVerified account
‏@McMurphyESPN @gyoung5179 why would they keep it quiet? no other P5 league wants cincy/AAC team. No reason to keep it quiet. & yes, I would find out

Reaction Score
Santa J. Ono @PrezOno · 15h 15 hours ago
Greater Cincinnati has more Fortune 500 companies per capita than NY, LA or Chicago - 9 to be exact.

This guy is on crack.

Connecticut has 19 F500 companies. New York has 50, with many being greater NYC. I have 10+ accounts I cover in NYC that are F500. Now that I got that out, who cares about per capita and how does this help any school? It doesn't unless you are Oregon, Maryland, OkSt or possible Memphis.

Reaction Score
This guy is on crack.

Connecticut has 19 F500 companies. New York has 50, with many being greater NYC. I have 10+ accounts I cover in NYC that are F500. Now that I got that out, who cares about per capita and how does this help any school? It doesn't unless you are Oregon, Maryland, OkSt or possible Memphis.

I laughed, too. Cincinnati does have P&G, which is a big one plus the grocery chain Kroger's and the regional bank Fifth Third. The rest are in the burbs. For its size, Cincinnati metro is well represented; but, NYC and Chicago are the majors, Cincinnati is not. Reminds me of then NC Governor's public statement in 2010 after Fidelity announced that it was moving 2,000 to RTP.

"This project … builds North Carolina's solid reputation as a financial leader, not only in the country, but in the world," Easley said. "North Carolina has more than 200,000 people working in the banking and finance industry, second in the U.S. only to New York. I want to send out the word: We're hard after the Big Apple."

I think the RTP area of NC is a great place; but, still most people I know laughed. NC is not and will not be competing with NYC anytime soon. NC itself lost a lot of it's mojo during the recession when one of it's two big banks, Wachovia, folded (into Wells Fargo) and now while BoA is still headquartered in Charlotte, most of its executives are in either NYC or Boston. Plus, Fidelity never did build a huge new campus and instead purchased Nortel's abandoned complex. Some of the jobs to be relocated also did not fully realize and Fidelity found higher than expected costs savings by moving employees from Boston and it's closed Marlborough MA campus to its Smithfield RI and Merrimack NH campuses instead.

Reaction Score
This guy is on crack.

He's the President of the University of Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
Like i was pointing out on that memphis deal and fedex, i think pg's advertising budget is annually in the multi billions of dollars which is in large part tv/media spent. The likelihood southern ohio/cincy is shutout of the power conf. situation in fball is minimal. Things down here work on the quiet. However, you do not have to be a sage to realize who is ultimately funding these tv contracts to begin with. Push back eventually occurs in due time.

Reaction Score
25 millon kind of seems like a drop in the bucket. the espn/abc's, fox sports, et. al of the world depend on these guys. cincy doesn't play in pg stadium, but you get the picture here. my feeling all along on this isn't a question of if, but a question of when and where. discussions like this generally involve the tv guys telling the sponsors look here is what we can do................. The school says we understand, in the meantime we add lux boxes, et. al i could be totally wrong, but i have thought all along they were headed to the acc. Time will tell. Maybe not as much time as everyone predicted.

Reaction Score
You can't rely on corporate advertising in perpetuity. You can't build a revenue model like that. A new CEO comes in and then what?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The likelihood southern ohio/cincy is shutout of the power conf. situation in fball is minimal. QUOTE]

It isn't shutout of a power conference. Ohio St has been a memebr of the B1G for almost exactly a century.

Even on days that the Bearcats fill Nippert, 40% of those in the stands are wearing Ohio St colors. The most famous (and lasting) incident was when a UC receiver (Gilyard?) plowed into a kid and then consoled the kid while he was crying. If you look closely you'll notice the kid was decked out in Buckeye garb.

Ohio St is the clear #1 school in that area and ND is #2. After that there's (all pretty equal but miles behind the two leaders) Purdue, Cincy and Miami (Oh).

Reaction Score
nah, not true. that's an espn occasional watcher's perspective. i transferred down here in 2007, and i would say that i've been to at least 15 games since then. very rare to see any osu stuff. probably as like to see uconn, wvu, et. al. in fact, in southern ohio there is a disdain for osu and columbus. naturally, you have some alumni of osu as cincy is a bigger job base(save for govt jobs in cbus). however, it's pretty open that gee and even meyers are trying to gain more hold in the market, but it's really a holdout. dayton up is osu fans. there is bad blood here long term as cincy upset osu in the 60-61 bball national championship game(jerry lucas etc. team for osu) which has festered for years. i have colleagues who are both cincy and osu alumni. lot of jabbing, but osu has lost so much to the sec, that it tempers their cockiness. the joke in southern ohio is that osu should take their $'s and fans and try to get into the SEC to see if they can hang. on the down low, osu doesn't want cincy in a bigger conference for recruiting/market share reasons. some will admit, while others won't. however, it's out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom